Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please (2908 Views)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2022
Hey guys. Please I need your honest and mature opinion. I scored 292 in JAMB and i put UNILAG as my first choice for law. Now my problem is this. Everyone, including my school propreitress is advicing me against it. I'm from Imo state based in Abia state. No one wants my JAMB score to go to waste, and i don't blame them. It's not easy. But i don't want to change my institution. UNILAG is the best institution for law and the opportunities seem endless. I just don't know what to do guys, i'm so depressed. Mods please help me push this to front page and please if u guys know anyone that can help my situation, do tell. Thanks and God bless. @ fynestboi please help.

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2022
Oh dear, someone should have mercy and respond na...i know i've posted this before but i couldn't help it. All the advice is just making me worry...
Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Kedro(m): 2:02pm On May 18, 2022
First of all congratulations on your jamb score, you have crossed the first hurdle.

Everyone is right about advising you to change your institution. Kindly change your institution to any South East or south South federal university that offers law.

For university of Lagos, your chances are slim because you're neither in their catchment area nor in the educational less developed states. If you believe you can make 350/400 in unilag post utme go ahead with your choice. Drop any question you have here.cheers

5 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 2:32pm On May 18, 2022
Kedro:
First of all congratulations on your jamb score, you have crossed the first hurdle.

Everyone is right about advising you to change your institution. Kindly change your institution to any South East or south South federal university that offers law.

For university of Lagos, your chances are slim because you're neither in their catchment area nor in the educational less developed states. If you believe you can make 350/400 in unilag post utme go ahead with your choice. Drop any question you have here.cheers
thanks for your reply. Quite honestly though, i don't think i can score up to that. Not with the maths they're forcing us to write. Do u think there's any SE or SS uni that is equivalent to UNILAG in terms of studying law?

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Kedro(m): 2:37pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
thanks for your reply. Quite honestly though, i don't think i can score up to that. Not with the maths they're forcing us to write. Do u think there's any SE or SS uni that is equivalent to UNILAG in terms of studying law?
I'm recommending university of calabar. With your jamb score and a good post utme score, you're good to go.
Research the ones in South East as I'm not familiar with any.cheers

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Uniquetani1(f): 2:42pm On May 18, 2022
Follow the advice of changing your institution

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by chinonyinye: 2:47pm On May 18, 2022
Change your institution to Federal University Wukari, Taraba state. With that score, you have 200% chances of getting it. Infact, you must get it

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Kingkyle1(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:

Esut.

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Techcrunchng(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
UNN is very good at that.

3 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Richy4(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2022
Did u read the catchment area before submitting the form?

I will suggest that you ask someone to check for u to make sure u made the cut off marks of Uni Lag...do it urgently so that u will know what to do next... That score indeed is a blessing and shouldn't go to waste... Good luck..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by justBreathe: 4:12pm On May 18, 2022
Techcrunchng:
UNN is very good at that.

OP, you could really consider putting in for UNN.

Wizzyonyxphoenix:
Hey guys. Please I need your honest and mature opinion. I scored 292 in JAMB and i put UNILAG as my first choice for law. Now my problem is this. Everyone, including my school propreitress is advicing me against it. I'm from Imo state based in Abia state. No one wants my JAMB score to go to waste, and i don't blame them. It's not easy. But i don't want to change my institution. UNILAG is the best institution for law and the opportunities seem endless. I just don't know what to do guys, i'm so depressed. Mods please help me push this to front page and please if u guys know anyone that can help my situation, do tell. Thanks and God bless. @ fynestboi please help.
Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2022
Richy4:
Did u read the catchment area before submitting the form?

I will suggest that you ask someone to check for u to make sure u made the cut off marks of Uni Lag...do it urgently so that u will know what to do next... That score indeed is a blessing and shouldn't go to waste... Good luck..
yes, only South-West states are part the catchment areas. Thats y i have been disturbed.

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Vicogrin(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
University of Benin is also a good school to study law
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Richy4(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
yes, only South-West states are part the catchment areas. Thats y i have been disturbed.

Your score is good.. so ask someone to check for u.. there are scores that they might see and wouldn't care about catchment...

Also Check if the school has WhatsApp,( u might get the information at school contact section on their website) ask them of their cutoffs... Also go to their school website to check current news or information about their prospective new students...

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 4:30pm On May 18, 2022
Richy4:

Your score is good.. so ask someone to check for u.. there are scores that they might see and wouldn't care about catchment...

Also Check if the school has WhatsApp,( u might get the information at school contact section on their website) ask them of their cutoffs... Also go to their school website to check current news or information about their prospective new students...
okay,thank u...i'll try that

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Codepain: 4:32pm On May 18, 2022
I will advice you to change your institution
Abia is not a catchment, Abia is not an ELDS.
so change to any southeastern universities.
and also work hard for putme cos law is highly competitive there are no shortage of 300+ from Abia, Enugu, anambra etc

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Richy4(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
okay,thank u...i'll try that
No worries.. I tried searching for you though but their school website looks boring and dryembarassed
No better information for prospective undergraduate student that can help u... I saw an email communicationunit@unilag.edu.ng then a number that says +234 1280 2439... Give it a trial.. best of luck..

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Nigerianization(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:

Although law is quite competitive, I think you stand a chance. I scored 235 in 2007 and chose lasu first and second choice. People thought I was crazy. I said then that's it's lasu or nothing. My name came out on the merit list.

I am also from Imo State. If you are scared, switch to UNIZIK. I go run am for you.

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by LordIsaac(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2022
Fear not, you will get it. The same way you did your best for Jamb, do it for postutme. There are many Igbo people in Unilag.

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Clementoons: 5:48pm On May 18, 2022
Kedro:

sir i have a question
i scored 268 In jamb this year to study MLS At UI, An indigene of Oyo state, what should be my target for the post utme and what are subject combination for post utme

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Zico5(m): 5:52pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
Let me just give u this ample advice. Your score is good for unilag law but the issue is that u are not from the catchment area. The merit will be a little bit above the catchment which are students from South west.
Unilag post utme is the cheapest and easiest so far u know Ur worth. U will be tested in Mathematics, English grammar and current affairs. The total mark is 30. Prepare to score nothing less than 25 which is possible. Then u must have strong o level which is graded in excess of 20. Make sure Ur waec result is full of distinctions. By so doing u have a better chance. Goodluck to u

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Pussyassasin(m): 6:54pm On May 18, 2022
Lalasticlala push this to front page to help this young man

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2022
Pussyassasin:
Lalasticlala push this to front page to help this young man
please @ lalasticlala help me with this one abeg...

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Nemesis0147(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
Esut

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by xamiel4(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2022
It is you? But why did you lie initially?

Anyway, i advice you switch to UNN or UNIZIK.
You'll stand better chances in both schools.

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 18, 2022
xamiel4:
It is you? But why did you lie initially?

Anyway, i advice you switch to UNN or UNIZIK.
You'll stand better chances in both schools.
How you switch to dark mode

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by IamAuntyOnion(f): 8:43pm On May 18, 2022
chinonyinye:
Change your institution to Federal University Wukari, Taraba state. With that score, you have 200% chances of getting it. Infact, you must get it
what about the violence in the northern states. i think south west is still less volatile and wont affect his academics and life

2 Likes

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by Kedro(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2022
Clementoons:
sir i have a question
i scored 268 In jamb this year to study MLS At UI, An indigene of Oyo state, what should be my target for the post utme and what are subject combination for post utme
Medical Lab science is competitive in UI, subject combination is your jamb subjects plus maths and computer knowledge,note this is not constant. Aim for 300 and above. You have advantage over others has an indigene. Do not rest on your oars.

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by chinonyinye: 8:49pm On May 18, 2022
IamAuntyOnion:

what about the violence in the northern states. i think south west is still less volatile and wont affect his academics and life

Bia, I school there. It's relatively safe. And no strike so far. We went for the warning strike only, came back to school and finished the session. We're resuming 29th May.

1 Like

Re: My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please by lebron7(m): 9:17pm On May 18, 2022
Wizzyonyxphoenix:
Please don't remove it, my bro got 260 and he just graduated...... kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Gets University Scholarship In US, UK And Canada. / Which University Takes Second Choice In Nigeria / How Can I Combine Apply For Admission In Canada Using Waec And Neco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.