Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Beyonce's Dad Accused Of Theft Did Mathew Knowles Steal From His Daughter? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce's Dad Accused Of Theft Did Mathew Knowles Steal From His Daughter? (1147 Views)

Omotola Meets Beyonce's Mum,Tina Knowles(photo) / “I Met My Wife, Omotola, A Virgin” – Captain Mathew Ekeinde / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce's Dad Accused Of Theft Did Mathew Knowles Steal From His Daughter? by mrfoxx(m): 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
Beyoncé fired her father as her manager after being told he had stolen from her, according to new allegations. Mathew Knowles is taking his daughter's former concert promoter to court, claiming Live Nation soured his relationship with Beyoncé by making "false statements" about him.
Knowles was dropped as Beyoncé's manager in March in what was said to be a mutual decision based on his desire to focus on gospel acts. "I've only parted ways with my father on a business level," the singer said at the time. "I love my dad dearly [and] I am grateful for everything he has taught me." Knowles had represented Beyoncé for 14 years; his wife, Tina, worked as Beyoncé's stylist.
In court papers filed on Monday, Knowles accused Live Nation of telling Beyoncé he "had stolen money , on her most recent tour or otherwise taken funds that [he] was not entitled to", according to documents obtained by Entertainment Weekly. These allegations prompted her legal team to conduct an audit in October 2010, which apparently concluded Knowles had taken funds.
Knowles denies the allegations and has requested a judge ask Live Nation the rationale for its claim. The 60-year-old has suggested promoter was trying to win a larger share of Beyoncé's tour revenue. Knowles said he was replaced with a former Live Nation executive. Live Nation have reportedly declined to comment on the issue.

Re: Beyonce's Dad Accused Of Theft Did Mathew Knowles Steal From His Daughter? by Ivynwa(f): 5:06am On Jul 16, 2011
I read Mathew's version of it somewhere and he sounded like he was being accused falsely. If that is so, the young lady Beyonce mustn't break her father's heart, the man gave up his good career to manage and mold Beyonce's career to the level she is in now and now that she is a star, the star stricken ones are all tripping over her.

Her father has the carriage of a good gentleman in spite of all accusations. The lady knows what is the best for her though but the place of her father in her life must not be down played or mashed upon. She shouldn't forget that when the lights get dim and the star stricken ones disperse that only one's family stays unconditionally.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

100 Highest Paid Athletes List 2012 - Forbes List / Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne Sports Car For Birthday / Rapper Iceprince Now Dating Ghanaian Actress Yvonne Nelson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.