Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Just Blasted My Ccna Exam - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Blasted My Ccna Exam (2157 Views)

How I Passed My Ccna With A Perfect Score / How Long Does It Take To Get My Ccna Certificate / I Passed My Ccna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by tellmemore(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2007
People I just blasted my CCNA exams! I'm open for hiring grin. For real.
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by chijewel(f): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2007
hi,
i'm plannin on writing mine very soon. pls wat materials did u use to prepare?
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by tellmemore(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2007
Apart from attending lectures I went through questions from test king and pass4sure
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
@topic, congrats on yr CCNA Certification. Pls i not that enlightened in this area. Why do you really need to be Cisco certified? Becos i know a couple of people who are just venturing into it even without having a first degree in Computer Science/Engineering.

Is it possible that you will get employed just with yr CCNA, if yes, how much do you hope to earn monthly?

Lastly, isnt it better to go into programming other than concentrating in Networking(ie CISCO CCNA)

Pls Reply.

1 Like

Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by tellmemore(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2007
@ugonna0071 I'm not sure if that question was meant for me or someone else but to help you out. I took CCNA exam because network administration is part of my job. To enhance my knowledge and my C.V I added CCNA. As for how much that can be earned monthly, it depends on your bargaining power and relevance to whatever company that wants your service.
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2007
@tellmore, thanks for your response. Its just that i want to be enlightened on some issues here, and secondly i need a change in my career path.

First and foremost i am a banker with a degree in computer science. But i need to change bascally because i am tired of the banking industry and secondly i would really love a job that wouldnt consume so much of my time. So a friend advised me to go get myself certified.

Do you think its a good idea, and secondly if i should switch to an IT firm, will their pay be comparable with what i'm being paid now.

Thanks, i need your HONEST advice
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by tellmemore(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2007
@ugonna0071.
Experience in I.T counts more than being certified. It's true being certified helps but I'm yet to see where being certified alone gets you a job. Good a thing you have a degree in computer science but you have no experience what so ever in I.T. So getting a job in I.T that pay's as good as you earn now with your level of experience will be a little too ambitious.

First, you need to know the aspect of I.T you crave for, software or hardware. Develop your knowledge in that area which will include getting certified and getting a job at the same time. You could even be into I.T business development if you like.
Since you work in a bank you could learn data base programmes, switch department and still remain relevant in your place of work before getting another job, at least by then you would have acquired the needed experience.

I hope that helped.
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2007
@tellmemore
Thanks. I was actually thinking of swithchindg department. Its just that our IT dept is located at our head office. But all the same i am presently working out a transfer to the Head office. Meanwhile i am going to write my CCNA this saturday.

As soon as i get my Certificate, i would apply to our IT dept and i pray i will be transferred immediately there. But once i get basic IT skills/practical knowledge, i would move away from the bank.

What do you think?
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by tellmemore(m): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2007
@ugonna0071

Good plan
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by Jaychuks(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2007
Ugonna, I wish you good luck!
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2007
Thanks Guys for the advise. i really appreciate. :-)
Re: Just Blasted My Ccna Exam by sayi125: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
please, what are trhe materials, one can use in preparing for CCNA.
Do a brother a favour

(1) (Reply)

Ipnx (isp) Aptitude Test / Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life / Networking, Multimedia, Or Programming: Which Career Path?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.