Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? (1841 Views)

How Many Java Programmers Do We Have In Nigeria / Common Mistakes Programmers Do Make; Top 15 / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by JomasisTech: 2:41pm On May 18, 2022
Whichever programming languages you choose as your preferred language, one thing is sure; you'd be dealing with thousand or millions of codes.
Back to the question, do you memorize/cram them?
How do you remember your codes without forgetting them? Or you just have to remember the concept?

2 Likes

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Brainmer: 3:02pm On May 18, 2022
I only cram the syntax and know what it does , the rest is copy and paste from Google and documentation .

2 Likes

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by donsheddy1(m): 3:03pm On May 18, 2022
JomasisTech:
Whichever programming languages you choose as your preferred language, one thing is sure; you'd be dealing with thousand or millions of codes.
How do you remember your codes without forgetting them? Or you just have to remember the concept?
You memorize codes not cram them.

1 Like

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by xeratek: 3:06pm On May 18, 2022
Brainmer:
I only cram the syntax and know what it does , the rest is copy and paste from Google and documentation .
As the best web developer in Nigeria, this is what I do for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by JomasisTech: 3:20pm On May 18, 2022
Brainmer:
grin
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by devdev: 3:51pm On May 18, 2022
You neither memorize nor cram codes. You understand codes and syntaxes. You use a professional editor/ide. On editors like VSC, you can install plugins that helps generate a boilerplate. For example, instead of writing initial class component on a .jsx page, typing a code like rcc can help you generate the boilerplate for that page while you focus on core programming.

3 Likes

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by FlameHashira: 4:18pm On May 18, 2022
JomasisTech:
For me it's more like I've embedded it into my muscle memory I automatically know what to do when I reach where to do it and if I'm stuck I'll just Google it
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by JomasisTech: 5:37pm On May 18, 2022
devdev:
You neither memorize nor cram codes. You understand codes and syntaxes. You use a professional editor/ide. On editors like VSC, you can install plugins that helps generate a boilerplate. For example, instead of writing initial class component on a .jsx page, typing a code like rcc can help you generate the boilerplate for that page while you focus on core programming.
Nice one grin

1 Like

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by wetindeyit(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2022
As a programmer, you must be a logical thinker. It's more than memorizing or cramming. But it's definitely not possible to code without memorizing some functions, syntax, etc. But its fun
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by emetisuccess(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2022
I don't memorize codes, and it's not good to cram codes, just understand the pattern and the concept of that codes, u are good to go.
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Emenet(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2022
Brainmer:
Give this man the ballon'dor
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by africanman85: 1:24pm On May 19, 2022
Brainmer:
Bro pls I Will like to connect with you on WhatsApp 08032655418. I want to discuss something with you.
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by eazycash: 2:27pm On May 19, 2022
why cram codes.
know what the situation or problem is required of.
write the logic flow.
if is not working.
Google to know if others have encounter such error or have done something on same problem ,if non.then you know all solutions lies on your knowledge of algorithm,syntax and semantics.

1 Like

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by tollyboy5(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2022
Brainmer:
You need award for this. You're a great developer grin

1 Like

Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Brainmer: 5:00pm On May 19, 2022
africanman85:
Bro pls I Will like to connect with you on WhatsApp. I want to discuss something with you.

Is it related to coding
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by africanman85: 5:09pm On May 19, 2022
Brainmer:

Is it related to coding
Yes bro
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by africanman85: 8:22am On May 21, 2022
Brainmer:
Have been expecting your reply bro
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Brainmer: 10:18am On May 21, 2022
africanman85:
Have been expecting your reply bro
Are you on telegram
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by africanman85: 10:50am On May 21, 2022
Brainmer:

Are you on telegram
Yes

@africanman85op
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Xinjin: 6:20pm On May 21, 2022
I don't cram codes, how many codes will I have to cram? I just take note of basic concepts and put some understanding to the implementations
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by africanman85: 9:23pm On May 22, 2022
Brainmer:

Are you on telegram
I am still waiting for u. I want u to give me a little direction on how u use Google wen stuck as a programmer
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 22, 2022
Understand programming very well and not coding

If u understand programming u can build a workable app in any other programming language that isn't your primary in less than a week of using it

Provided you've made friends with google
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by ThinkSmarter: 4:23pm On Mar 21
eazycash:
why cram codes.
know what the situation or problem is required of.
write the logic flow.
if is not working.
Google to know if others have encounter such error or have done something on same problem ,if non.then you know all solutions lies on your knowledge of algorithm,syntax and semantics.
u re definitely an undergraduate/graduate of computer science to have known these.
Sw dev is in cycles.
And the logical design phase that involves the ERD, program flowcharts, pseudocodes,etc should make the physical implementation easier.
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by Codedpriest(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21
You see
unlike what many believe.
coding is more of a muscle memory thing than brain memory thing.

I remember when I was learning Javascript as a beginner, I know how hard it was for me to remember how to write a simple for Looop.

But after I figured out what it does and how to use it, I do not need to remember it again. I just write it down cos I did it many times that my muscle know exactly what to do.

The key to coding is understanding the syntax and using it to solve a problem many times.

your muscle will do the rest.

the ones you don't know, google, documentations and stack overflow will always provide you and answer.
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by yinkeys(m): 9:08am On Mar 22
Nothing beats learning how to solve problems from first principle
Some functions and methods are memorized though
Re: Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes? by TechN8tive: 2:06pm On Mar 22
Did you know you could create your client's websites or web applications without having to code from scratch?

(1) (Reply)

Need Help ICT Guru's With ICT Idea / Creating Best Programming Tutorials For Africans - Need Feedback / Php Code For Netnaira Setup Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.