Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? (11493 Views)

Can I Write Codes With My Smartphone And How Flexible Is It? / HTTP Status Codes With Definitions / How To Use Your Android Phone To Write Codes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.
Are there any disadvantages? Please enlighten me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
If you have the resources go for a laptop. Even though you can write codes on a tablet sooner or later you will need a laptop. Coding on a tablet can be very frustrating most times. I recommend buying a laptop.

24 Likes

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by BlaqFaze: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
Tablet is a phone with bigger screen...

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by fnep2smooth(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
Get Microsoft Surface Pro 5 or 4. Trust me

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by qtguru(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.

Just wait till you get a laptop

3 Likes

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by barragan: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

You can't install an IDE on a tablet and you need an IDE for any serious coding.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by etoluw: 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
of course you can code using a tablet but there is a limit to what you can do.

For example you can code HTML/CSS, PHP Wordpress easily using a tablet once you download the appropriate apps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Deicide: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Since it's a tablet you can get a keyboard and mouse for it and enjoy your coding. I would recommend using termux.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by norolubiirogib: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
ok
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by similoluwa921: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bro,If you are really serious and you mean business as a beginner getting a laptop is very importanta! grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Skillsnigeria: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hmmm, you can get a PC tablet
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by BigAPP(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bro, just get a laptop...if you're really serious about it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by 2021matta(f): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by emmyw(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
If You Are Serious About Coding, You Would Get A Laptop Instead.

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by TempUser: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
Not that you can't code on tablets, but your work would be limited.
You will of course need to have:

Robust IDE with code completion
External Keyboard

However, to experience full fledged coding and compiling, you'll need a laptop, Definitely.

Except you're coding html.... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by cassidy1996(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Get a laptop, simple
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Basiljoe: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Depends on what you're coding/building, if you're building/scripting simple web apps, sites and templates, a tablet might be capable.

However, a tablet is an underpowered device for developing complex applications and video games.

An i7 laptop is more suitable.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by GboyegaD(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
You could have a tablet on the side but you need at least a laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by SmartGadgetz: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes.
Codes of life to be precise.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by BestDicker: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Best laptop or tab for coding?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by bigdammyj: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Trapheal1: 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Coding with one screen sef with laptop is not sufficient, unless you are practicing... Doing jobs or writing programs would be too much stress especially working with big files
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by kenniefawole(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Definitely. Hit us up if you wish to learn a digital skills
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by ASHTAROTH: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

Please get a laptop and ensure the speed and RAM is top notch.
Also, don't use sololearn. I will recommend you use Codecademy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Hannover(m): 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
I work in Lagos but I was just told by the company I work for to transfer to Enugu. I just payed my rent 2 weeks ago and get the news of the transfer today. The house is a self contained apartment(toilet, bathroom and kitchen ensuite)at Onipanu just after Palmgrove. I need someone who is interested in the apartment to let me know. Pay me the difference and I move. I'll also introduce you to my landlord.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Yankee101: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Tablets usuly carry a phones operating system

So a tablet will install OS while a laptop will install macOS for example

Code development software is usually hosted on desktop/laptop operating systems like Linux. Microsoft and macOS
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by AntiWailer: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Dont waste ur time.

It wont be productive, get a laptop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fingerprint Programming In ASP.NET / Are You On The Dark Web? / Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.