Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,077 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South (1350 Views)

2023: North Must Give Power To South – Shettima / Tinubu: I Chose Kano To Prove That Yoruba And Fulani Are One / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by YorubaNiBaba(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2022
Exclusive101:
Many of you igbos claim to be educated but always turn out to be extremely foolish in reasoning. It matters little if such Igbo is a PhD holder.

Now let's deconstruct your Igbo claim to power, by n large of your lamentation end with a conclusion that a southerner can not become president except the north enforce that but that was exactly what MKO Abiola did.

He needed the vote of the north he courted them n got their support, the oligarchy in the northern thought the can run a blindfold on Yoruba with murdering MKO Abiola after he won a free n fair election even against their own. The Yoruba stood up to that with the unrest that followed.

Note to the entire Igbo tribe-

1. Yoruba fought singlehandedly for their right of June 12 mandate without the help of any Igbo.

2. Igbos in person of Aurther Nzeribe was used to truncate the legitimate mandate of MKO Abiola June 12 mandate n your fathers you n your unborn generation will till eternity continue to pay dearly for this till Jesus return. Every Yoruba with a functional brain should ensure this.

3. From the point above a pathetic n exceedingly foolish Igbo now believes he owns a right to demand that same Yoruba you did that to should support you to the presidency you help in denying them ?! If it is not madness Yoruba should be paying igbos with genocide.

4. This point as lil to do with you fools but the Obasanjo you claim you paid June 12 mandate to what was his contribution on a personal note or any other way to June 12 or it struggle.

5. This is aside the hatred dead brain Igbos exhibited on true Yoruba leaders from Awo MKO n now Tinubu. How many thread have you seen any Yoruba open on Azikwe Ekwueme Ojukwu with their glaring failures.

6. Bro, your father's brain need to be checked probably cos you de mental. This rubbish wey you write I no just get time to respond as I de busy this morning. Make I no insult you cos of NL ban but e sure say u de mad for the effrontery to put up this writeup. You are really mad I swear to God.

7. The north can try gifting igbos power but you will have to earn it the way MKO earned it and you must be denied the way MKO was denied before you can be placated over your loss make you feel as e de be.

we will ensure they pay dearly for it, they will regret for doing that
Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by onumadu: 9:48pm On May 19, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
I am happy you agree that the presidency was NOT zoned to the SW in 1999.

In fact, Ekwueme challenged Obasanjo for the PDP ticket twice - 1998/1999 and 2003.

Nobody is stopping Igbos from contesting. If you play your politics well, you will get it.

But to tell everyone else to go and sit down and allow only Igbos run in all the parties will NEVER happen.

We Yorubas are not afraid of running against northerners. We'll rather run against a northerner and lose than settle for second fiddle (VP) like you Igbos are already doing under the guise of 'it's either the SE get the presidency or the north keep it'.

What a shame!

If you notice, I NEVER asked that the presidency be zoned to South East. All I said was that the North should do for South East what it did for South West in 1999. It was not zoned to the South west; It was CEDED to South West. That is how Obasanjo came in, and the rest is history.
This writeup is actually addressing Northerners, NOT Southerners.
BTW thanks for being civil and intellectual in your response.
Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by SuperPanther: 10:37pm On May 19, 2022
Exclusive101:
Many of you igbos claim to be educated but always turn out to be extremely foolish in reasoning. It matters little if such Igbo is a PhD holder.

Now let's deconstruct your Igbo claim to power, by n large of your lamentation end with a conclusion that a southerner can not become president except the north enforce that but that was exactly what MKO Abiola did.

He needed the vote of the north he courted them n got their support, the oligarchy in the northern thought the can run a blindfold on Yoruba with murdering MKO Abiola after he won a free n fair election even against their own. The Yoruba stood up to that with the unrest that followed.

1. Yoruba fought singlehandedly for their right of June 12 mandate without the help of any Igbo.

2. Igbos in person of Aurther Nzeribe was used to truncate the legitimate mandate of MKO Abiola June 12 mandate n your fathers you n your unborn generation will till eternity continue to pay dearly for this till Jesus return. Every Yoruba with a functional brain should ensure this.

3. From the point above a pathetic n exceedingly foolish Igbo now believes he owns a right to demand that same Yoruba you did that to should support you to the presidency you help in denying them ?! If it is not madness Yoruba should be paying igbos with genocide.

4. This point as lil to do with you fools but the Obasanjo you claim you paid June 12 mandate to what was his contribution on a personal note or any other way to June 12 or it struggle.

5. This is aside the hatred dead brain Igbos exhibited on true Yoruba leaders from Awo MKO n now Tinubu. How many thread have you seen any Yoruba open on Azikwe Ekwueme Ojukwu with their glaring failures.

6. Bro, your father's brain need to be checked probably cos you de mental. This rubbish wey you write I no just get time to respond as I de busy this morning. Make I no insult you cos of NL ban but e sure say u de mad for the effrontery to put up this writeup. You are really mad I swear to God.

7. The north can try gifting igbos power but you will have to earn it the way MKO earned it and you must be denied the way MKO was denied before you can be placated over your loss make you feel as e de be.

Be very careful as you do not have the exclusive preserve to dish out insults, some of us can serve you disproportionately, trust me. You can make your points without insults.
Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by r4bbit: 11:52pm On May 19, 2022
onumadu:

Of course you also deserve to be president, but guess what, how many are you again? 5 million?
Try Igbos 50-60 million.
We are talking about a MAJOR ethnic group in Nigeria.
Nobody can ever take away that status from Igbo whether Nigeria continued to exist or not.
A day may come when all groups (no matter how small) would have produced the president, but for now, the country's future is at stake because a MAJOR ethnic group is being marginalized politically.
That is the point.

Oga you don do mistake....
Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by QuotaSystem: 12:54am On May 20, 2022
onumadu:

If you notice, I NEVER asked that the presidency be zoned to South East. All I said was that the North should do for South East what it did for South West in 1999. It was not zoned to the South west; It was CEDED to South West. That is how Obasanjo came in, and the rest is history.
This writeup is actually addressing Northerners, NOT Southerners.

BTW thanks for being civil and intellectual in your response.

What you’ve failed to understand is that unlike the west, the SE does not have any moral ground to demand for any support or political favors from the North.

Not with the endless insults, antagonism and hate speech championed by Nnamdi Kanu (whom we’ve since contained), with the vocal support of the eastern majority through ipob for the past 7 years - especially targeted at the Hausa-Fulani who wield the most political power like you’ve alluded to in your post. Now you need our favors and are even arrogantly demanding it. Lmao.

The extreme campaign of hate and propaganda against our region and ethnicity out of sheer political frustration after Jonathan’s defeat has sent you into deep political wilderness that will take decades to exit.

We waited patiently for this moment when you’ll finally realize that your myopic antagonism, hubris and grandstanding against Arewa is a fruitless, self-defeating venture as far as Nigerian politics is concerned.

Your infantile threats move no one either. You lack the military capacity or international diplomacy so quit deceiving yourselves. Nigeria will remain and you’ll only succeed in totally destroying your region and waste lives needlessly again (which you’ve already started).

Arewa will not cede anything to the South East for the simple fact that you do not deserve any political favors from the region.
Re: 2023: The North Must Understand That Yoruba Cannot Yorubanize The South by Kc3000: 7:41am On May 20, 2022
Exclusive101:

No one really wants to dignify the vacuous ramblings of a Yoruba slowpoke with a retort, but sometimes it becomes necessary to smack you right on that empty conehead of yours with some simple truths.

Since you've hinged your lies on the mandate of MKO Abiola and the struggle that ensued, let me fertilize your tiny brain with some facts. When the election was annulled, many pro-democracy groups/forces came together to form NADECO to fight for the validation of the June 12th presidential election. Of the 49 signatories to the NADECO treaty, many were Igbo, the likes of Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Chief Sam Mbakwe, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, Prof. Anya O. Anya, Chief Ralph Obioha, Chief Empire Kanu, Chief Micheal Anyiam, Mr. Emmanuel Njiwah, Chief Vincent Nwizugbo and Dr. Uma Eleazu.

These and many other Igbo sons and daughters were prominently involved in that struggle, but rabid Yoruba tribalists like you, in true fashion, always disregard their efforts while citing the opposition of Arthur Nzeribe as some evidence of an Igbo-wide opposition to Abiola's mandate.

Conveniently, you forget that there were Yoruba that were also in opposition and indifferent to the struggle. While Abacha was seating on Abiola's mandate, as he rotted away in prison, many of Abacha's henchmen that wined and dined with him were Yoruba...the likes of his second in command Gen. Diya, Gen. Adisa, Gen. Olarewajun and others. It is also on record as divulged by Senator Anthony Adefuye, Oba Rilwan Akiolu and Major Hamza Al-Mustapha that Yoruba Obas were invited to Aso rock where they were bribed with money and they pledged to not only abandon but frustrate the June 12 struggle.

So, when next you decide to delude yourself that Yoruba fought alone for June 12th, or any of the other countless lies that you all propagate, just know that we mostly ignore you because you are irredeemable, and not because we are not aware of the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blasphemy: Drama As Abuja RCCG Members Stage Protest With Sealed Lips / Govs Ganduje And Ayade Accompany Asiwaju To Calabar / 25 Years In Nigeria Vs 5 Months Abroad: See How Fresh I Look Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.