Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity (18724 Views)

2 Credits In SSCE? — Senator Asks Bello Muhammed Goronyo (Ministerial Nominee) / Lagos Election Violence: "Was MC Oluomo Really Joking?" - Rudeboy Slams Police / Hausa And Igbo Youths Clash In Dei Dei Market, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Nobody: 9:31am On May 19, 2022
Why's is that if it the culprits are HAUSA / MUSLIMS,it's not because of ETHNICITY / RELIGION. Rather some people seeking to carry out their own bad intentions All the problem we have in this Nigeria are HAUSA /FULANI and MUSLIMS.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Kingspin(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2022
Bello, you are a disgrace to your generations
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Enumerator(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2022
Confirm!
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier they divide this country the better for us all. I keep saying it that it is impossible joining people of different backgrounds, cultures, traditions and religions together as one. Let Nigeria be divided so everyone can go their separate ways. The Muslims/Hausa people deserve to live in the jungle with wild animals and beasts. They always cause trouble wherever they go. In Lagos problem, in Abuja trouble. Only Division of Nigeria can promote peace.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Jamesbally: 9:52am On May 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier they divide this country the better for us all. I keep saying it that it is impossible joining people of different backgrounds, cultures, traditions and religions together as one. Let Nigeria be divided so everyone can go their separate ways. The Muslims/Hausa people deserve to live in the jungle with wild animals and beasts. They always cause trouble wherever they go. In Lagos problem, in Abuja trouble. Only Division of Nigeria can promote peace.

Is that why una go cause trouble for North (Abuja)? Nigeria will not disintegrate, make una cause more trouble. Una go dey receive as una receive yesterday.

Over 20 IPOB Traders were killed yesterday, the Market was burned to the ground and now the Market has been closed down. NA WHO COME LOSE? grin grin

Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Jamesbally: 9:55am On May 19, 2022
Light78:
Why Is the FG finding it hard to prosecute some northerners caught in the act? That's why they go about committing crimes.

Those Northern Youths are heroes, they deserve some National honors. Those IPOB traders that caused the problem should be arrested. (That's, if they are not amongst the 20 that were killed) grin

God bless North
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by nakaman: 10:11am On May 19, 2022
it is what it is, i disagree
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Empiree: 10:15am On May 19, 2022
Light78:
Why Is the FG finding it hard to prosecute some northerners caught in the act? That's why they go about committing crimes.
tell us which criminals ever prosecuted in other parts of the country?.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by StrongAlphMale: 10:18am On May 19, 2022
Jamesbally:

Is that why una go cause trouble for North (Abuja)? Nigeria will not disintegrate, make una cause more trouble. Una go dey receive as una receive yesterday.

Over 20 IPOB Traders were killed yesterday, the Market was burned to the ground and now the Market has been closed down. NA WHO COME LOSE? grin grin

I feel your pains bro.

I'm not an igbo. Calling for the separation of Nigeria isn't a crime. Sudan was separated and today we have South Sudan, likewise North Korea and South Korea. So why must Nigeria's own be different?. Let Nigeria be divided with immediate effect and let everyone go their separate ways. Only then can peace reign
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Jamesbally: 10:27am On May 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

I feel your pains bro.

I'm not an igbo. Calling for the separation of Nigeria isn't a crime. Sudan was separated and today we have South Sudan, likewise North Korea and South Korea. So why must Nigeria's own be different?. Let Nigeria be divided with immediate effect and let everyone go their separate ways. Only then can peace reign

See Emeka dey deny his origin. grin grin
You are an Igbo man. You are even ashamed to be called an Igbo. There will be serious problem when the North finally gives BIAFRA their independence.

Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by joshkke(m): 11:19am On May 19, 2022
the problem is not really the different backgrounds, cultures, traditions and religions. After all, the USA is made up of similar elements and no one is going about killing the other person based on, you are different from me. The problem is intolerance and a lack of education, and perhaps a sinister objective by a few hidden enemies that we are yet to unravel. But GOD will help. The pain is indeed becoming unbearable

StrongAlphMale:
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by BePrepared: 11:39am On May 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

Problem of this forum is people like u

Take a minute and read what's posted u won't, just come and write what u want, how does your comment relate with d post
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Nobody: 11:52am On May 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
two or more halves cut off a rotten meat doesn't make either portions less rotten.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by gbigbega: 12:00pm On May 19, 2022
Two RCCG churches I know were vandalized. What are they talking about.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by kaywon: 12:34pm On May 19, 2022
But they took towards religious end, burning down Mountain of Fire and Dunamis branches around.

We must acknowledge the fact there was a religious turn to what happened, and implement necessary precautions
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by UNDFTD: 2:06pm On May 19, 2022
GSA01:

The violence that engulfed the Dei-Dei building materials market in Abuja on Wednesday, 18th May, 2022, was not motivated by ethnicity or religion but was the action of criminal elements who started the violence in order to carry out their criminal intentions.

This was disclosed by the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello when he visited the market in the evening following the incident earlier in the day, to ascertain for himself the cause and extent of the violence which claimed four lives and resulted in the razing of shops and vehicles within the market.

Accompanied by the Chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council, Mr Abdullahi Adamu Candido, FCT Commissioner of Police Mr Sunday Babaji and other top security and senior officials of the FCTA, the Minister met with the various market and community leaders and took an assessment tour of damage in the market.

Speaking passionately after the tour, the Minister said “After an emergency security meeting with the relevant security agencies including the Commissioner of Police and the Director of the DSS and senior management officials of the FCT, we decided to come here.

“And we came here specifically because on the social media, all kinds of stories are being circulated saying there is an inter-ethnic crisis in Abuja with one tribe fighting against the other. I have come here and met the leadership of the market, I have met the leadership of the communities and met the political leadership as represented by the Chairman and vice chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council, and what really came out very clearly was that this was an accident that occurred when a lady on a commercial motorcycle fell off and a vehicle ran over her and unfortunately, she passed on.

“As a result of this incident tension rose and hoodlums took over and like they do everywhere in the world, their target is economic assets and they burnt down a substantial part of the timber market and other markets around here and they burnt many vehicles.

“There was no communal clash here and I appeal to all residents of Abuja to continue to live here as we have always lived in peace as the center of unity.

The Minister called on the community leaders to work at fishing out the bag eggs within their folds and help in bringing them to justice. He said “What I told the community leaders is that they have to fish out the hoodlums and the bad eggs amongst them. This is because this time around, hoodlums carried arms and they shot innocent people. This is very sad and totally, unequivocally, unacceptable in Abuja.

He said that a full scale investigation will be carried out by the security organisations with the full collaboration of the affected communities and added “I am appealing to other communities within the FCT that this is not a tribal or religious misunderstanding. All the leadership of the various stakeholders have lived here in peace for many, many years.

“It is simply a matter of criminals and hoodlums taking the law into their hands and I implore every community in the FCT to ensure that community leaders identify miscreants, drug pushers, drug dens and drinking joints where crime and criminality takes place. The police and the military cannot be everywhere at the same time.

Reacting to a request by one of the market leaders that the police presence in the market be improved, the Minister pledged that the police post in the market will be upgraded and the FCT Administration will provide the needed support while the police commissioner equally pledged more personnel.

While commending the efforts of the security agencies and community leaders for their efforts in containing the violence, Malam Bello prayed for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives and ordered the immediate closure of the timber market and adjoining markets.

In the same vein, Malam Bello also ordered the immediate ban on all trading activities along the roadsides and directed that all transactions be carried out within the shops.

The Minister was accompanied on the visit by the Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, the Chief of Staff, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Secretary, Area Council Services secretariat Alh. Ibrahim Abubakar Dantsoho and other senior officials of the FCTA.

ANTHONY OGUNLEYE
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
19/05/2022
FCTA/OCPS/PR/333
https://twitter.com/officialfcta/status/1527179818202275840?s=21&t=vu9IyHcL0MSFCQmiRMmQcg

No, the violence was motivated by peace, love and hope, Dumb A$$! Of course the violence against southerners especially the Igbos was motivated by ethnicity and hatred of Igbos.
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Qqqa: 4:00pm On May 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Missionaire: 7:21pm On May 19, 2022
fk001:
Igbos if given the opportunity they will always like to showcase their dominace tendencies, they have these type of ego that they want to dominate and dictate everything, they want to be at the fore front, ego and chest beating is so baffling.

They have so much similarities with the Fulani, maybe that's why they hate the North because the North understand their game plans and they (Northerners) have suppressed the Igbo narcissist ego for over 6 decades now and still counting. Which I doubt they will be free anytime soon.

I will rather vote a Yoruba man or SS one million times than to vote them. I just laugh when they are tying so hard to sale Peter obi for us, which we all know it won't work highest he can go for is VP to Atiku.

Okada rider had an accident which is bound to happen to anyone, why take the laws in your hands by burning down the okada, what's the difference between you and those sokoto people?

You guys are in North and still wants to claim superiority (in the North for fvcksake??!!, just like they are trying to do in lagos (Thank God Yoruba are checkmating them).

Now that they have lost millions of properties they ran to twitter and start twisting the narrative, they are their crying victims.

Some days ago one of them even has the guts to say that Northerners should not be allowed to come to lagos again, Lol in yoruba land? Thank God the Yorubas on tweeter made him understand that lagos is not South East.

Tinubu will be our next president cos we Northerners will vote for him straight.

BTW why is that Igbo man side hugging the hausa guy?

I hate nonsense.

Re: Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity by Igbojew: 10:36pm On May 19, 2022
fk001:
Igbos if given the opportunity they will always like to showcase their dominace tendencies, they have these type of ego that they want to dominate and dictate everything, they want to be at the fore front, ego and chest beating is so baffling.

They have so much similarities with the Fulani, maybe that's why they hate the North because the North understand their game plans and they (Northerners) have suppressed the Igbo narcissist ego for over 6 decades now and still counting. Which I doubt they will be free anytime soon.

I will rather vote a Yoruba man or SS one million times than to vote them. I just laugh when they are tying so hard to sale Peter obi for us, which we all know it won't work highest he can go for is VP to Atiku.

Okada rider had an accident which is bound to happen to anyone, why take the laws in your hands by burning down the okada, what's the difference between you and those sokoto people?

You guys are in North and still wants to claim superiority (in the North for fvcksake??!!, just like they are trying to do in lagos (Thank God Yoruba are checkmating them).

Now that they have lost millions of properties they ran to twitter and start twisting the narrative, they are their crying victims.

Some days ago one of them even has the guts to say that Northerners should not be allowed to come to lagos again, Lol in yoruba land? Thank God the Yorubas on tweeter made him understand that lagos is not South East.

Tinubu will be our next president cos we Northerners will vote for him straight.

BTW why is that Igbo man side hugging the hausa guy?

I hate nonsense.

Keep crying and lamenting while Igbos keep strategising how to take over your entire region.You think Igbos are like Yorubas you people pick on the way you people like.Mind you Igbos destroy Housa own Vihicles and Okadas and also killed some Housas...I am that Igbojew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al-Mustapha Emerges Action Alliance Presidential Candidate / Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / APC Presidential Primary: Will Buhari Queue Behind Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.