Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Doctors Are The Best Salesmen Ever - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Doctors Are The Best Salesmen Ever (128 Views)

Lilac Clinician : A Perfect Solution For Doctors And Healthcare Providers / Native Doctors Drag CAC To Court Over Refusal To Register Their Association / Ogun Doctors Vs Gov Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Are The Best Salesmen Ever by babsayomide6600(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2022
================================
I learned these lessons from my Doctor friend and every Sales Person should know.
================================

It was on a Wednesday afternoon, I had finished up my work quickly at the office. I decided to head home

But due to traffic on my usual route, I had to take another route. As I was on that route, I remember a friend of mine who we haven't seen for weeks now due to work.

I quickly gave him a call and he answered, fortunately he was still at the hospital.

oh I forgot to mention that he's a Doctor.

So I drove straight to the hospital where he works. I also thought that would be an opportunity for me to do my checkup.

When i got there, he had just came back from his rounds. so we started gisting..

While we were at it, the nurse brought the next patient in for consultation.

He quickly begged me to give him few minutes to attend to the patient.

I sat down patiently sipping the cold maltina he offered me, while i listened as the patient complained about her illness.

Their conversation went on like this:

Patient: good afternoon doctor, I'm not feeling well. my back aches terribly.

Doctor: when did the pain started?

Patient: about 3days ago

Doctor: what have you used?

Patient: just some herbal medicine like that o but I no see any changes jare.

Doctor: have you had a back or bone issue before now?

Patient: not really, I've been managing it like that. though it has never been this serious.

Well the conversation went on and on like that for about 3mins.

After this series of questions, my Doctor friend began to explain to her what the condition she has is called.

No con ask me Watin be the condition o even me I no know cuz the grammar big pass my age....

Moving on,

He then recommended for her series of test, and told her the procedures and treatment she should prepare for depending on her test result.

As I patiently mask myself in the background, I pondered on what my friend was doing.

Why is a Doctor asking so much question from a sick person?

Why not just recommend any of the medications they have in their pharmacy?

It was then it dawned on me that a lot of business owners, especially people in sales aren't using the sales principle judiciously.

So as a business person, an affiliate, a marketer, or a freelancer. why should you ask your prospects questions before selling.

Here's why;

1. Asking your prospect questions help you establish their pain point.

2. asking your prospect questions help you know how to help them.

3. it provides you with informations on their experiences in the past or with similar products.

4. it provides you your sales angle.

5. it position you as an expert (provided you ask the right questions)

6. it makes selling easier. ( you won't have to crack your brain or stress yourself looking for how to help your prospect)

Now you know why you haven't been making the sales you desire.

Don't just read. Implement, and implement it fast.

Gracias
Your Favourite Digital Entrepreneur
Elijah Ayomide

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Vehicle Needed ( From Lagos To Oji River In Enugu State / Microsoft Issues An Emergency Security Update For Windows 10, 11, And Server / 27 Ways To Create Urgency And Get People To Order Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.