Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex (903 Views)

Russia Launches 80 Hypersonic Missiles Against Ukraine / Kyiv Struck By Missiles As Russia Launches A Major Aerial Attack. / Russia Launches New "SATAN 2" Nuclear Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Biodun556(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2022
CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Exodus

A Russian beverage maker has unveiled a new range of soft drinks to replace the iconic brands that have left the Russian market in the wake of its invasion of Ukraine.

In lieu of Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite, Russians will be able to choose from CoolCola, Fancy and Street, Russian drink producer Ochakovo announced Monday.

The three global soda brands have been largely absent from Russian shelves since the Coca-Cola Company suspended business in Russia in March. While Coca-Cola products can still be found in shops, prices have skyrocketed by roughly 200% since the suspension.

CoolCola has the “iconic taste of cola,” Ochakovo wrote online. Meanwhile, the brand’s bottles of orange-flavored Fancy and lemon-lime Street mimic the color schemes of Fanta and Sprite.

Established in the Soviet Union in 1978, Ochakovo largely produces traditional Russian beverages such as fermented grain-based kvass and low-alcohol honey drink medovukha.

The firm isn’t the only company to try and capitalize on Coca-Cola’s step back from the Russian market.

In April, a beverages company based in Russia’s Far East, the Slavda Group, launched Grink Cola to try and capture the hearts of Russia’s soda lovers. Meanwhile in May, in the northern Russian region of Komi, the Syktyvkarpivo factory launched its own brand of soda, Komi Cola.

However, both alternatives received a mixed response, with customers complaining that neither drink was “sweet and sparkling.”

3 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Biodun556(m): 6:20am On May 23, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Hanibbal(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2022
That's what sanction does at times it's a blessing in disguise.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by VictorUSA(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2022
This is a clear sign of isolation.When we all stop buying your oil, we shall see how you will launch alternativesgringringrin

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Nobody: 7:55am On May 23, 2022
Coca-Cola, sprite and fanta should all sue this product for copyrights

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Biodun556(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2022
Heathrow44:

They have been nationalized by Russia. All their assets are with Russian government

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Jimasun: 8:25am On May 23, 2022
VictorUSA:
This is a clear sign of isolation.When we all stop buying your oil, we shall see how you will launch alternativesgringringrin
Who are the we..

5 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by ken6488(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2022
VictorUSA:
who we

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by baralatie(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2022
Naa
Coca cola pepsi and all the macdonald will come back

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by baralatie(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2022
Heathrow44:
They won't sue but will send delegation to Russia to see a business solution so that they can come back and continue

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Nobody: 10:08am On May 23, 2022
baralatie:

They won't sue but will send delegation to Russia to see a business solution so that they can come back and continue

they can sue to remove their initials from the names

Cool cola they should remove The letter C

Fancy they should remove the letter F

street they should remove the letter S

they can't accept someone making money on intellectual property
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by DerrickzB: 11:19am On May 23, 2022
A self sufficient nations wether isolated or not would survive anyday and anytime!! I love this Russians man!!

4 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by seunny4lif(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2022
Well, that’s called make your own shit.
But all those Coca-Cola etc are sugar angry

2 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by baralatie(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2022
Heathrow44:

That is why I said they (the investors) will seek to continue their business franchise in Russia under discussed business transactions
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by tonididdy(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2022
You never know what you are capable of until you look deeper... This is a blessing in disguise.

More jobs
Internally generated revenue.
Stronger ruble

8 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by masterfactor(m): 2:48pm On May 23, 2022
Best way to go mother Russia

2 Likes

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by kodded(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2022
Heathrow44:

lol
Cocacola can do no shït cheesy
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Teazer4(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2022
Hanibbal:
That's what sanction does at times it's a blessing in disguise.
I remember naija get Bigi cola brands too….. nah blessings wey disguise o, McDonald’s don go, shell sef don vamoose… good riddance…. Chinese and Indians investors about to cash out

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by chopnaira: 6:31pm On May 23, 2022
Biodun556:

In lieu of Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite, Russians will be able to choose from CoolCola, Fancy and Street, Russian drink producer Ochakovo announced Monday.

CoolCola has the “iconic taste fake taste of cola,”
They even had to use the western English grin grin grin

They know no one would buy it if it was in Russia grin

The West is just too much grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by tamdun: 6:41pm On May 23, 2022
chopnaira:

They even had to use the western English grin grin grin

They know no one would buy it if it was in Russia grin

The West is just too much grin
English too is full of borrowed language

1 Like

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by gambojimeta: 8:20pm On May 23, 2022
tamdun:

English too is full of borrowed language
That was from 1000 years ago. We are talking about now and not ancient days.

Would have been better if they use Russian names instead of acting like slaves to the West by adopting English.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Owopariola1: 8:21pm On May 23, 2022
Gone are those days when Coca-Cola is the most popular brand in the whole world. Even in Naija, Bigi has sent them to oblivion. You rarely find coca-cola products on the streets like before.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by gambojimeta: 8:22pm On May 23, 2022
Owopariola1:
Gone are those days when Coca-Cola is the most popular brand in the whole world. Even in Naija, Bigi has sent them to oblivion. You rarely find coca-cola products on the streets like before.
How many people they drink coca cola in Nigeria. Nigerians prefer "pure water" sachet due to poverty and hardship.

Coca Cola's main market is in advanced economies. Just like other multinational companies e.g. Samsung , Apple, Nike e.t.c.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Owopariola1: 8:30pm On May 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

How many people they drink coca cola in Nigeria. Nigerians prefer "pure water" sachet due to poverty and hardship.

Coca Cola's main market is in advanced economies. Just like other multinational companies e.g. Samsung , Apple, Nike e.t.c.

Really? Bigi must be laughing at you right now. Every grocery store/shop in Naija is not complete without Bigi products. Whether small kiosks or big retailers.
Bigi is in every Nigerian neighborhood, and no be today sef. Coca-Cola is a goner in Naija.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by gambojimeta: 8:47pm On May 23, 2022
Owopariola1:

Really? Bigi must be laughing at you right now. Every grocery store/shop in Naija is not complete without Bigi products. Whether small kiosks or big retailers.
Bigi is in every Nigerian neighborhood, and no be today sef. Coca-Cola is a goner in Naija.
I don't even know who bigis is. I had to google.

I hope Sulaiman Adebola Adegunwa, owner of biggie pays you for this free advert. Atleast, I now know what bigi is cheesy

Ps: I also think I am right when I made the earlier claim of hardship In Nigeria.,the bigi drink appears to be a poor man version of Coca Cola and Pepsi.

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Owopariola1: 8:54pm On May 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

I don't even know who bigis is. I had to google.

I hope Sulaiman Adebola Adegunwa, owner of biggie pays you for this free advert. Atleast, I now know what bigi is cheesy

Ps: I also think I am right when I made the earlier claim of hardship In Nigeria.,the bigi drink appears to be a poor man version of Coca Cola and Pepsi.

Lol. I don't need to argue this, it's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Coca-Cola has lost it in Naija. And for your info, they have the same price at the store. #150 each.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by gambojimeta: 9:00pm On May 23, 2022
Owopariola1:

Lol. I don't need to argue this, it's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Coca-Cola has lost it in Naija. And for your info, they have the same price at the store. #150 each.
No wahala. Continue drinking Bigi and I will continue drinking my Coca Cola cheesy.

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Nancy2020(f): 9:10pm On May 23, 2022
Biodun556:
CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Exodus

A Russian beverage maker has unveiled a new range of soft drinks to replace the iconic brands that have left the Russian market in the wake of its invasion of Ukraine.

The three global soda brands have been largely absent from Russian shelves since the Coca-Cola Company suspended business in Russia in March. While Coca-Cola products can still be found in shops, prices have skyrocketed by roughly 200% since the suspension.

CoolCola has the “iconic taste of cola,” Ochakovo wrote online. Meanwhile, the brand’s bottles of orange-flavored Fancy and lemon-lime Street mimic the color schemes of Fanta and Sprite.

Established in the Soviet Union in 1978, Ochakovo largely produces traditional Russian beverages such as fermented grain-based kvass and low-alcohol honey drink medovukha.

The firm isn’t the only company to try and capitalize on Coca-Cola’s step back from the Russian market.

In April, a beverages company based in Russia’s Far East, the Slavda Group, launched Grink Cola to try and capture the hearts of Russia’s soda lovers. Meanwhile in May, in the northern Russian region of Komi, the Syktyvkarpivo factory launched its own brand of soda, Komi Cola.

However, both alternatives received a mixed response, with customers complaining that neither drink was “sweet and sparkling.”

So beautiful how do I get it here in Nigeria.

We all need to stand against the evil west before they dominate us and rule us with their evil ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Nancy2020(f): 9:11pm On May 23, 2022
Teazer4:
I remember naija get Bigi cola brands too….. nah blessings wey disguise o, McDonald’s don go, shell sef don vamoose… good riddance…. Chinese and Indians investors about to cash out

China backs Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by Owopariola1: 9:20pm On May 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

No wahala. Continue drinking Bigi and I will continue drinking my Coca Cola cheesy.

Ok nau. cheesy cheesy

Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by NigerianSage: 10:14pm On May 23, 2022
Nancy2020:

China backs Russia.

lol @ Twitter caption fake news source.
Re: CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex by baralatie(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2022
Argument of which soda brand is good in Nigeria is a good one

Big cola
Coca cola
Pepsi cola

Who has the highest market share in Nigeria?

Hmmm
I think it is Pepsi cola oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Yevgeny Prigozhin, The Wagner Chief Turned Rebel? By Sophie Tanno, CNN Pu / Gazans Pray For Netanyahu After Strike On Hamas Facility Expose Hoarded Aids(vid / 'americans Are Not Your Enemy,' Obama Tells Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.