Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet (825 Views)

Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / Html And Css Wahala / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 7:10pm On May 20, 2022
Hello all.

I recently started learning PHP programming language, but I was told that it's mandatory to have basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS.

I wrote a simple HTML code and also a CSS code, now the issue is I was unable to link the HTML and the CSS file using the

<link type="text/css" href="style.css" />

The .css file is in the same folder as the .htm
Infact I even used the @import url(""wink code, still It refuse to link the HTML and the CSS file.

Here is the complete code.

(!DOCTYPE html)

<html>
<head>
<title> My Mobile Website Project
</title>
<link type="text/css" href="Style.css" />

</head>

<body>
<h1> AMAAB MLT LTD. </h1> <hr />

<p> AMAAB MLT LTD. is a Company that specialize in POP, Screeding and Furniture works.<br /> with a dedicated and hardworking team, at AMAAB MLT LTD, our clients satisfaction is of outmost priority</p>

<footer>All right reserved ©2019</footer>

</body>

</html>

And also the simple CSS code.

h1, {

text-align: center;
color: #36C;
font-weight: normal;
letter-spacing: .4em;
margin-bottom: 1em;
text-transform: uppercase; }

p, {

color: blue;
font-weight: bold;
letter-spacing: .5em;
Margin- bootom: 2em;
text transform: lowercase
}

Please help a newbie guys.
Cc: tensazangetsu qtguru brogrammer
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by RealLordZeus(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2022
Your style in code has capital letter S
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 7:29pm On May 20, 2022
RealLordZeus:
Your style in code has capital letter S
still thesame bro. The Style has a lowercase letter in the code
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by RealLordZeus(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2022
aumeehn:
still thesame bro. The Style has a lowercase letter in the code
DOCTYPE html)

<html>
<head>
</title>

</head>

Post a screenshot of the files and the top part of style.css as well
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by Solanaa: 7:59pm On May 20, 2022
<Link rel=“stylesheet” .........../>

Add this

3 Likes

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by FlameHashira: 8:17pm On May 20, 2022
Solanaa:

Add this
Comrade your worth investing in more than the above commentators like wtf? The 'type' is not even important, people are just using their passerby knowledge to mislead person

2 Likes

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by qtguru(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
aumeehn:
Hello all.

I recently started learning PHP programming language, but I was told that it's mandatory to have basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS.

I wrote a simple HTML code and also a CSS code, now the issue is I was unable to link the HTML and the CSS file using the

Infact I even used the @import url(""wink code, still It refuse to link the HTML and the CSS file.

(!DOCTYPE html)

<html>
<head>
</title>

</head>

<body>

<p> AMAAB MLT LTD. is a Company that specialize in POP, Screeding and Furniture works.<br /> with a dedicated and hardworking team, at AMAAB MLT LTD, our clients satisfaction is of outmost priority</p>

</body>

</html>

h1, {

p, {

}

First Windows or Linux ?

How are you serving the page ?

Inspect and see if the Css is actually loaded, there's no way we can help like this, without seeing some screenshot
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by Pondabrown: 9:03pm On May 20, 2022
From what you wrote, I am not seeing (rel) so try this:

<Link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by qtguru(m): 9:08pm On May 20, 2022
aumeehn:
Hello all.

(!DOCTYPE html)

<html>
<head>
</title>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

h1, {

p, {

}

if you have time, we can get on a call and I can look at it
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 20, 2022
Post a screen shot of your folder structure with the css and html... You're probably referencing a wrong filename
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by captainbangz: 9:15pm On May 20, 2022
Solanaa:

Add this
yes, no relationship.
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by emmyN(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2022
rel="stylesheet" is missing.

Also, what editor are you using? If VScode, it should flag your CSS for errors, that's if you pasted exactly what you have on your editor here. You are not supposed to have a comma after the selector:
h1, {

}
Is wrong. Remove the comma. Plus there are some typos in your css properties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by kennethfranc(m): 9:37pm On May 20, 2022
qtguru:

Selfless Boss
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 9:53pm On May 20, 2022
RealLordZeus:

DOCTYPE html)

<html>
<head>
</title>

</head>

Post a screenshot of the files and the top part of style.css as well
Sorry for the late reply.

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 9:55pm On May 20, 2022
emmyN:

Also, what editor are you using? If VScode, it should flag your CSS for errors, that's if you pasted exactly what you have on your editor here. You are not supposed to have a comma after the selector:
h1, {

}
thank you sir. i just copied the code to my system.
i will go through it again. i am using notepad++
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 9:57pm On May 20, 2022
qtguru:

thank you sir, i have more than enough time lol!
i just sent you a pm.
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 10:04pm On May 20, 2022
emmyN:

h1, {

}

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 10:16pm On May 20, 2022
here is the code on notepad++

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by airsaylongcome: 1:32am On May 21, 2022
Your css is littered with typos so its not going to work. It's easy for me to point them out for you. But you won't learn that way. Look at your css declarations well. I will advise you to download VS Code. It will help you completely eliminate those typos and focus on more value adding tasks.

Jusy wondering, am I that old school to expect a consistent level of semantic structuring? No header tags? No <div class="container"> tags?

3 Likes

Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 2:59am On May 21, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Your css is littered with typos so its not going to work. It's easy for me to point them out for you. But you won't learn that way. Look at your css declarations well. I will advise you to download VS Code. It will help you completely eliminate those typos and focus on more value adding tasks.

Jusy wondering, am I that old school to expect a consistent level of semantic structuring? No header tags? No <div class="container"> tags?
I just started learning 3 days ago.
I will definitely go through it, I am even awake now, going through some materials.
Thank you, I will install VS code right away
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by emmyN(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2022
aumeehn:
I just started learning 3 days ago.
I will definitely go through it, I am even awake now, going through some materials.
Thank you, I will install VS code right away

I started out with notepad++ myself. I only moved to VSCode started having need for some serious development. You need to take your time to understand the syntax properly. I would recommend w3schools for you.
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 11:11am On May 21, 2022
emmyN:

I started out with notepad++ myself. I only moved to VSCode started having need for some serious development. You need to take your time to understand the syntax properly. I would recommend w3schools for you.
Thank you. I will have to concentrate and learn how the syntax works. Are you also into frontend? Let's connect if you don't mind
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 2:47am On May 22, 2022
emmyN:

Thanks bro. I finally did it after lots of trial.
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 2:48am On May 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Thank you sir. I finally got rid of the typos and it finally worked. Thanks alot
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by emmyN(m): 4:18am On May 22, 2022
aumeehn:

Thank you. I will have to concentrate and learn how the syntax works. Are you also into frontend? Let's connect if you don't mind

That's fine. I'm a learner myself cheesy
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by emmyN(m): 4:20am On May 22, 2022
aumeehn:

Thanks bro. I finally did it after lots of trial.

Nice. It only gets better. With each experience you know what pitfalls to avoid when next you are on it.
Re: Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet by aumeehn: 8:19am On May 22, 2022
emmyN:

Nice. It only gets better. With each experience you know what pitfalls to avoid when next you are on it.
thanks. I sent you a PM.

(1) (Reply)

Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? / Please Help In Vb6 And Sql / Another Great Collections (must Have Too!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.