Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Looking For Advice On Purchasing A Mini Truck For A One-man Haulage Business - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Looking For Advice On Purchasing A Mini Truck For A One-man Haulage Business (390 Views)

Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle / Please I Need Your Advise On Purchasing A 2014 Range Rover Evoque / Nigerian Man Builds A Mini Jeep, Calls It Crazy Camel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Advice On Purchasing A Mini Truck For A One-man Haulage Business by matt4good: 8:20pm On May 20, 2022
Moderator please post this on front page, so that I can get widest feedback.

Hello Nairalanders,
Hope you all are doing well. I am not new here, but just opening a new account to ask this question.

I am 25 yrs old male and living in the South East of Nigeria. Finished OND, and had been doing nothing.
My Uncle yesterday called me and asked me if I could go into a haulage business - something like buying a mini truck, like toyota dyna truck and using it for delivering goods to people, something like a small haulage business.

I spoke to one of my friends who drives Uber in Lagos - he told me it's a good idea; that I could buy a toyota dyna and then deliver goods to people. He also suggested that I could attach myself to a building materials market - after Customers buy their goods, I could charge them based on the quantity of goods and the delivery distance. He also said it will be better to get a direct tokumbo, mini truck not yet driven in Nigeria.
Maybe double tires at the back. That probably we could get it in Lagos. I hope I can get one in Lagos and then take it down to South East for Business.

My brothers and sisters - it's my uncle wanting to help me, so I have some questions:

(1) Where could one get a good toyota dyna truck in a good condition, not yet driven in Nigerian roads, in Lagos? It is not new but has to be in a good condition. Ideally double tires at the back.

(2) Someone suggested Ladipoja in Lagos. How can I get it at Ladipoja considering that I don't know anyone there?

(3) What is the price range of such a truck in Lagos - second hand in a good condition, not yet driven in Nigeria.

(4) I heard some use diesel, some use petrol. Which one is better?

(5) What are the steps one can use to ensure that one buys a truck in a very good condition? How do I select a mechanic that will inspect and certify the truck before payment?

(6) What should the mechanic be looking for? Only the Engine? How can I ensure tha the mechanic is telling me the truth?

(7) What paperwork should I process after payment before taking the truck to South East?

(cool I am a newbie, so I may not have asked all relevant questions. So any tips would be highly appreciated.

I hope someone can help you too. I hope my Uncle's promise will come to fruition.

Moderator please post this on front page, so that I can get widest feedback.

Kind regards.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Brand New Car Is No Longer A Brand New Car Over Time! What Can You Do? / Looking For Cars / Simple Car Hacks That Can Save You A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.