Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State (52231 Views)

Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP / Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 / List Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 1:38am On Jul 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Salaries, allowances and perks of Commissioners and Special Advisers in Lagos State[/size]

Check out what commissioners in Lagos State earn monthly. An encomium magazine report.

The monthly total emolument of a commissioner or special adviser is N520, 878.
This includes: domestic allowances - N78, 131, entertainment allowance - N31, 252, newspaper allowance - N15, 626, personal assistant allowance - N26, 046, rent allowance - N156, 263, utility allowance - N31, 252, vehicle maintenance allowance - N78, 131, and basic salary of N104, 175.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-gO_8mVgX5uA/Th8tCZksw8I/AAAAAAAAFCw/zsjcK7oz9EE/s1600/lagos_commissioner_sworn_in_july_04__2011_631077654.jpg[/img]

This doesn't include monthly N500, 000 running cost for their offices. When they travel abroad for official assignment, they collect as much as $2, 000 per week. It may be more, depending on destination and number of days to be spent.

Commissioners and special advisers have two official cars. A Toyota Prado and Toyota Camry 2009. And when they go out of the state to represent the governor at event, they get as much as N150, 000 to N200, 000 as transport and accommodation claims on such trips.

Doesn't seem like much, so I'm guessing there are other perks they don't make public.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/07/salaries-allowances-and-perks-of-office.html
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by obowunmi(m): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2011
Nigerian is corrupt. People are overpaid for nothing, so what are you going to do about it ? NOTHING right, so whats the point of reporting the information. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 1:40am On Jul 15, 2011
Why do you think they are overpaid?. I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aljharem3: 1:40am On Jul 15, 2011
total rubbish

all this money can be used for wellfare programs

rubbish country
angry angry angry angry see money
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aljharem3: 1:41am On Jul 15, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Why do you think they are overpaid?. I don't think so.

why don't u think so
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

why don't u think so

A commissioner making about N500K which is about $3000/month is not outrageous abeg. I thought they will be making 109x that amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 1:47am On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

total rubbish

all this money can be used for wellfare programs

rubbish country
angry angry angry angry see money

You are getting more comfortable with this amajiri thing. Why are you obsessed with welfare?.
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aljharem3: 1:51am On Jul 15, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You are getting more comfortable with this amajiri thing. Why are you obsessed with welfare?.

why call me almajiri? or do almajiris have access to internet
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 2:17am On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

why call me almajiri? or[b] do almajiris have access to internet [/b]

I said amajiri mentality. Also, yes begging is big business in Nigeria dominated by the Hausa/Fulani and they also do tribalism in sharing better begging sites. So an amajiri using the internet is no big deal. He can afford it one million times over since he earns more than an average working Nigerian.

Nigerias salary scale

Average salary from begging/amajiri/alaye in Nigeria = N5m/per annum
Average salary from blue collar job in Nigeria = N200k/per annum
Average salary from white collar job in Nigeria = N2m/per annum
Average salary of a business man in Nigeria = N7M/per annum
Average salary of a pastor in Nigeria = N30m/per annum
Average salary of a politician in Nigeria = N100M/per annum
Average salary of prostitutes in Nigeria = N2m/per annum
Average salary of  armed robbers in Nigeria = N4m/per annum

Now, who earns the least from the list above?.
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by Seanet1000: 4:33am On Jul 15, 2011
This is still Ok. Not too much.
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2011
Seanet1000:

This is still Ok. Not too much.

Gbam.
Re: Salaries/allowances Of Commissioners And Special Advisers In Lagos State by Iranoladun(f): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2011
@Aloy Please where is the source of your "Nigeria Salary Scale"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Eyes On The Judiciary T-Shirt, Handbag / Peter Obi Wins His Polling Unit In Agulu, APC And PDP Score Zero Votes / Buhari Campaigns In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.