Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? (521 Views)

Original Extension Socket That Works With Refrigerator Microwave Iron Kettle / Training On How To Format/install New Operating System (os) On Any Computer / Between Getting A Generator Or Install A Solar For Home Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by adibo(m): 4:11am On May 21, 2022
I recently bought a washing machine. It is rated at 365 watts. The place I would love to keep it close to the bathroom has no socket close to it. Someone told me that I can get a strong 13amp extension cord and use it for the washing machine (although from my research online, it is not advisable to use washing machine on an extension cord cus it can damage the washing machine and lead to fire).

Please, is there anyone who has used his/her washing machine with an extension cord without any issues?

Also, I would like to know the cost implication of installing a new socket instead of using an extension cord. The picture shows the distance between where I want to install the new socket and where the present socket is

Re: Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by sofiscatedmoron: 4:33am On May 21, 2022
Washing machine should work perfectly well on an extension iit can not consume more than 400w
Re: Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by adibo(m): 4:35am On May 21, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Washing machine should work perfectly well on an extension iit can not consume more than 400w

Thanks for responding, mine is 365w. I am just sceptical because almost all websites and blogs I went to online all discouraged the use of washing machine on extension cords
Re: Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by sofiscatedmoron: 9:59am On May 21, 2022
adibo:

Thanks for responding, mine is 365w. I am just sceptical because almost all websites and blogs I went to online all discouraged the use of washing machine on extension cords
I use extension from the room to the bathroom where the Washington mashing is
Good strong extension is ok
Re: Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by Adewale1603(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2022
adibo:

i believe, you should follow the normal instructions and procedures, not shortcuts to avoid stories that touches the heart. there is a reason why you are being instructed not to use extension. it is always advisable to follow instructions. apart from that your mind will be peacefully comfortable in using the washing machine, it also makes your home well and proper organised,
Re: Use Extension Cord Or Install New Socket Outlet? by adibo(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2022
Thanks all. I finally decided to install a new socket

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Alienware M15, Core I7, 6gb Nvidia Rtx 2060 Graphics Card,1tb Ssd SOLD / Currys UK Iphone 11 / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.