Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,836 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Android Developers Help Me Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Developers Help Me Out (1099 Views)

Android Developers Drop Your Published Apps Here / Django Developers Help Out With This Error / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 6:37am On May 21, 2022
How do I setup Android Google Maven Repository?

I want to use Android studio offline because ....

So according to the advice I got, I downloaded the **offline-gmaven-stable.zip** like 3gb from the official website.

But I don't know how to add it to Android studio. And I can't find any Working tutorials on it too

This is the file
https://dl.google.com/android/studio/maven-google-com/stable/offline-gmaven-stable.zip
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by Nobody: 6:57am On May 21, 2022
ABCthingx:

So according to the advice I got, I downloaded the **offline-gmaven-stable.zip** like 3gb from the official website.

But I don't know how to add it to Android studio. And I can't find any Working tutorials on it too

This is the file
https://dl.google.com/android/studio/maven-google-com/stable/offline-gmaven-stable.zip
can i help you?
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by aigohior(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2022
ABCthingx:

This is the file

I don't know why you needed to download **offline-gmaven-stable.zip**, there is actually no need. you need to make sure your Gradle is up-to-date.
at the right edge of your android studio you will see Gradle, click it and a window will appear, at the top of the window you will see some icon. Hover your mouse on the icons to see their info. When you get to the Gradle online icon "it looks like a wi-fi icon" click on it so Gradle can build offline.
Make sure you have all your dependencies and packages before you set Gradle to offline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 9:25am On May 21, 2022
Oduskid:
can i help you?
yes please
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by Nobody: 10:02am On May 21, 2022
OP, this is your answer below. Also It seems you are following the wrong tutorial, please post your tutorial and so people know what exactly you are following.

aigohior:

I don't know why you needed to download **offline-gmaven-stable.zip**, there is actually no need. you need to make sure your Gradle is up-to-date.
at the right edge of your android studio you will see Gradle, click it and a window will appear, at the top of the window you will see some icon. Hover your mouse on the icons to see their info. When you get to the Gradle online icon "it looks like a wi-fi icon" click on it so Gradle can build offline.
Make sure you have all your dependencies and packages before you set Gradle to offline

1 Like

Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by Brainmer: 10:23am On May 21, 2022
Go to Android studio and download gradle don't for get to set path in Dev environment variable . Make sure you install your sdk build tools and API's
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 10:36am On May 21, 2022
aigohior:

Thanks but I'm getting this error

Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 10:40am On May 21, 2022
Brainmer:
Go to Android studio and download gradle don't for get to set path in Dev environment variable . Make sure you install your sdk build tools and API's
I don't get the path stuff. But I'm sure my Gradle and sdk is installed
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 9:21pm On May 21, 2022
truthsayer009:
OP, this is your answer below. Also It seems you are following the wrong tutorial, please post your tutorial and so people know what exactly you are following.

this please https://gist.github.com/eladkarako/a4ffac49e21b02356246604917911f9c
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by aigohior(m): 9:00pm On May 22, 2022
ABCthingx:
Thanks but I'm getting this error

I don't know if you have solved the problem, but if you have not. I made a video explaining what you should do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ILPfLEtnQ
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by Telegon: 7:43am On May 23, 2022
You need to know that android studio uses a lot of data when setting it up. So if all required tools you need have not been added, it will keep on forcing you to disable gradle offline so it can help you download it.

I'll advise you to on the gradle and let it do its work, and stop downloading manually because setting the right path and working manually-downloaded tool is hella of stress and frustrating.

When gradle complete downloading your required tools and dependencies, you can then switch it off.
Note: You need a lot of data for this.

After gradle is completed successfully, it's only on a rare case, it'll ask you to on it depending if your app needs a new thing for it to work, which is always low data cap.
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 23, 2022
ABCthingx:
this please https://gist.github.com/eladkarako/a4ffac49e21b02356246604917911f9c

Okay, you want to use Android Studio offline without always using internet.
Which Android Studio version are you using?

Look at your right hand side of your IDE & select the toggle offline mode.

That is all you need, turn off your internet and enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 8:17am On Jun 03, 2022
aigohior:

I don't know if you have solved the problem, but if you have not. I made a video explaining what you should do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ILPfLEtnQ
Wow! Thank you so much. I am extremely grateful for this.
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 8:22am On Jun 03, 2022
Telegon:
You need to know that android studio uses a lot of data when setting it up. So if all required tools you need have not been added, it will keep on forcing you to disable gradle offline so it can help you download it.

I'll advise you to on the gradle and let it do its work, and stop downloading manually because setting the right path and working manually-downloaded tool is hella of stress and frustrating.

When gradle complete downloading your required tools and dependencies, you can then switch it off.
Note: You need a lot of data for this.

After gradle is completed successfully, it's only on a rare case, it'll ask you to on it depending if your app needs a new thing for it to work, which is always low data cap.
thanks, but there is a network problem that stops Gradle from downloading the required stuffs online as posted in the screenshot above... That was why I went manual smiley
Re: Android Developers Help Me Out by ABCthingx: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2022
I eventually unpacked the Google Maven dependencies into my .m2 folder
And then added mavenLocal() to my settings.gradle.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Php Please! / Finger Print Recognition System Needed / Crackproof Your Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.