Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Django Developers Help Out With This Error - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Django Developers Help Out With This Error (1006 Views)

Python Django Developers Circle / Cut Your Costs. Hire Python/django Developers At Steelkiwi / Hire Django Developers: Freelancers Vs Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Django Developers Help Out With This Error by sparkle7: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2019
Am getting intergrity error on django. Can you guys help identify the problem.

Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by ogunsinamayowa(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2019
The error is telling you that you failed to provide input for a field that could not be null in the database. The field is author_id.
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by sparkle7: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2019
ogunsinamayowa:
The error is telling you that you failed to provide input for a field that could not be null in the database. The field is author_id.
But i thought the author id is auto incremented?
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by kingkuntaval: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2019
use stackoverflow.
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by Badilstical(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2019
First I'd ask you what did you do last while it was working fine?

I would probably guess you added a property to your model, if that's the case you have to delete your migration and manage.py makemigration and then migrate BUT
NOTE:
Only of you on development on production you might loss you database
Try that if it works let us know here
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by ogunsinamayowa(m): 10:52am On Jun 04, 2019
sparkle7:

But i thought the author id is auto incremented?

Yes and no. In your case, because you want to override the django inbuilt object instance id, you need to put primary_key=True on the field of author_id and it would automatic. You need to populate the field and it cannot be null. I couldn't see author_id field in your model. Perhaps, you have deleted the field without updating the database(makemigrations).
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Try importing get_user_model from django.contrib.auth and replacing settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL with get_user_model(). You're probably getting the issue cause you didnt set settings. AUTH_USER_MODEL
Re: Django Developers Help Out With This Error by rammyblog: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
The error is in your views.py file

The post_new function is where the issue lies.

The reason you are getting the error is because whenever you want to save a new post, the author id is set as NULL which is not supposed to be.

To solve the issue

where you had

post = form.save(commit='false')

Change it to
post = form.save(commit=False)

False should be a boolean value type not a string.. Hope that helps..

Contact me on fb for questions regarding Django
fb.com/onasanyatunde

(1) (Reply)

US Number And Upwork / JAVA Experts: Creating A Window App That Read Fingerprint / How To Convert Your Android Phone As A Remote Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.