Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,566 members, 7,820,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) (51666 Views)

Ifeanyi Okowa & Wife, Edith, Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Throwback Pix / Bukola Saraki & Wife Celebrate Daughter, Tosin's 30th Birthday (Throwback Pix) / Ben Murray Bruce As Senior Prefect In 1974, St. Gregory's College (Throwback Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by SisterFire(f): 8:01pm On May 21, 2022
Acidbath:
And when he finally got the recognition, he flopped.

SisterFirewh0re, come and see your dream man. Too bad you birthed for a ritualist who wanted to use your child for rituals. grin

... Koyyes stop , I dated him around 1996 but he is a double tongued snake
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2022
gidgiddy:
Even at 27 he was already one of the richest Igbo men alive

The average 27 year old now is still "sagging" and living with his patients
Typical Nigerian with low IQ. Eze Ego was the richest Igbo man at 25. But how did he make the money when some igbo men in their 50's who are far more hardworking and smarter couldn't make one tenth of it because they couldn't do the evil he was doing. Someone like you would now sit be willing lie down and have him step on you. That's why Nigerians like you idolise criminals

1 Like

Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 21, 2022
gidgiddy:

The average 27 year old now is still "sagging" and living with his patients

I am 38 and still struggling.
11 yrs older self.
No wife, no babe, no kids, no property.
Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by okwusdaddy: 8:08pm On May 21, 2022
The guy is blowing his own trumpet. Smart guy.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Tribu(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2022
He remains my mentor.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Corporate2020: 8:17pm On May 21, 2022
So, he is used to begging for recognition. No wonder he wants Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, and Amosun to step down for him. Whereas the idiot has not told his neighbours from South South to step down for him. Useless coward.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by ibinaboonline: 8:45pm On May 21, 2022
I so love this. 27 years old. Chief Kalu. Already donating funds to the state. Borno business man. Government appointment. This is how they built wealth, not looking for a hapless woman to kill and chop off her vagina. He obviously started working his dream early in his life.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by AlphaTaikun: 8:57pm On May 21, 2022
EBMedia:
Young Orji Uzor Kalu Complains About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Photos)

In 1987, 27-year-old Chief Orji Uzor Kalu complained that his age delayed him for getting recognized by Imo State citizens for his achievements in the state, IGBERETV reports.

Taking to his Facebook page, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu (Current Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate and Senator representing Abia North Senatorial District) shared screenshots of an old magazine post of his interview in 1987. He captioned the post;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Xvcdcod7L3qXXUQN9LjGAF1dAuq1CZbXrD9aN8ysJaFZaacia4xumBs3PzU38fvSl&id=100044703721568

Orji Uzor Kalu is the chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspapers in Nigeria. He served as the governor of Abia State, Nigeria from May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007. He is 62 years old.

https://igberetvnews.com/1420466/young-orji-uzor-kalu-complains-delayed-recognition-1987-throwback-photos/
He was into trading of palm oil after being rusticated from University
Maiduguri in the 1980s.

His friendship with Ibrahim Babangida shortly before he
became the Head of State made
Orji Kalu to become richer by being
the first Ibo guy to lift crude oil.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Ferrous(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2022
These kinds of people really motivates me, no matter their antecedents
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Ferrous(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2022
Blakpot:

That's why it's called average.
With the high level of poverty, u dont expect the average 27 year old Nigerian to be a multimillionaire.
U won't even see that in countries with the highest income per capita.

Btw sagging has gone out of fashion tongue

Most 27yrs. old people now don't even have a dream or ambition.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by robosky02(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2022
gidgiddy:

The average 27 year old now is still "sagging" and living with his parents

True
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2022
Dankovich1:
Chief Orji Uzor Kalu as I heard from my dad kicked off hustling at an early stage.
He shared the story with me about 5/6 years ago, on how the both deal on leather and palm oil way back in Aba.

Those who knew OUK during his serving term of governance in Abia State knows that the man meant well for the state, but his mother was a Queen Jezebel in disguise.
But where is your daddy now? How many private jets does he have now?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by cinoedhunter: 10:27pm On May 21, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Wow!...Ego ka nma na okorobia
Eziokwu o

1 Like

Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by NVQ2: 10:29pm On May 21, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I can see you started very well, which made the people of Abia to entrust you with their resources and revenues as the governor, but you ended up disappointing them and leaving the entire State in ruins and shambles owing to the way you looted everything that was meant for development..
u

And he was still voted for thereafter to become their Senator!!!
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 21, 2022
favour32:
That time Nigeria still dey manage that time.
But now,90% of youths wey get resources now na criminal one way or the other.

Una no know say him biological father na Babangida...

The man mad way for him
To extend too much money ddnt allow him finish school from Maid...

The mother was dating Babangida and gave birth to him..

So he was born with silver spoon
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by favour32(m): 11:26pm On May 21, 2022
Aurielfinizu:

Una no know say him biological father na Babangida...

The man mad way for him
To extend too much money ddnt allow him finish school from Maid...

The mother was dating Babangida and gave birth to him..

So he was born with silver spoon
I talk am.
How small boy then go rush get money?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:41am On May 22, 2022
peetay:
He has paid his dues for quite a while. There was little need for him to turn rogue along the line. But then again, isn't that what they all do?

You said it all Fam.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Dankovich1: 12:55am On May 22, 2022
iamrealdeji:
My dad is still alive and well to do. He has no private jet.

Is there anything you still want to know?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by grandstar(m): 3:24am On May 22, 2022
favour32:
That time Nigeria still dey manage that time.
But now,90% of youths wey get resources now na criminal one way or the other.

There was no 419 then. I think that started in the late 80s or early 90s. I first heard of 419 in 1992.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Christistruth00: 3:28am On May 22, 2022
Rugaria:
Babangida also made him The chairman of the then Imo State owned Progress Bank. The bank eventually got liquidated. It's very striking that this news article started by calling him a "Bornu business man" not even a Bornu based business man! We will also like you guys to refer him as such because that is what he is. This should also be extended to one Rochas Okorocha, who should be also regarded as a "Jos business man"! These are Igbo sons truly. But they were made by outsiders and were later domesticated in Igbo politics to cause enough commotion as they always do.

May be he was not recognised because everyone knew how he came about the wealth

Kalu was Babangida’s boy

The People of Maiduguri know very well how Orji Kalu became wealthy and it is very unflattering

It was not business acumen that made Orji Kalu Rich you only need to look at Abia State to know he has none
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Christistruth00: 3:44am On May 22, 2022
cool
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by SonOfEl(m): 5:13am On May 22, 2022
Snowx:

A very good point and observation..he really made it at early stage which wld have enabled him to fix his state whe he was a Governor. but his state is worst and dirtiest place in southeast.

Please when criticizing Kalu, quit demonizing Abia state. Is your state richer than Abia State? Abd you mentioned dirtiest, says who? Enough of this media lies biko
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Alaigbopress: 5:38am On May 22, 2022
When Northerners have deep trust for Igbo Business men, when Nigeria Economy was good, when poverty was still far from Nigeria territory. The truth is that any man who wanted to succeed at that time will succeed without no much obstacle not now that the ease of doing business is something else and jobs are no where to be found. Don't talk down on unsuccessful 27 year old guys today, it is this same Orji Kalu and his mates that passed through the bridge and cut it off leaving the ones at their back stranded.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Caseless: 5:54am On May 22, 2022
Urheadmaster:
I wasn't even born at the time sad shocked
grin

And some of you won't let us talk here.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by favour32(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2022
grandstar:

There was no 419 then. I think that started in the late 80s or early 90s. I first heard of 419 in 1992.
There has been stealing or using "wayo" to obtain favor from time immemorial.What I would believe you now, is that, it was not an established career then.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by TheTourist: 7:37am On May 22, 2022
And they still want to die there.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by iamrealdeji(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2022
Dankovich1:
My dad is still alive and well to do. He has no private jet.

Is there anything you still want to know?
How come he's no more in the league of Orji Uzor Kalu even though they both started together?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by ScamHunter: 9:21am On May 22, 2022
iamrealdeji:

And you. Are you the only one Among your classmates that own private jets?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by Dankovich1: 9:59am On May 22, 2022
iamrealdeji:
How come he's no more in the league of Orji Uzor Kalu even though they both started together?
Politically they are not on same league because my dad didn't switch to politics.

Business wise he has made a standing ground in the whole of aba, and environ.
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by tolor: 10:19am On May 22, 2022
Christistruth00:

May be he was not recognised because everyone knew how he came about the wealth

Kalu was Babangida’s boy

The People of Maiduguri know very well how Orji Kalu became wealthy and it is very unflattering

It was not business acumen that made Orji Kalu Rich you only need to look at Abia State to know he has none
please can you tell more in what Maiduguri people know about him?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by tolor: 10:21am On May 22, 2022
Kpengla:
Back when someone was getting dìcked up the ãss by baby generals grin
which generals? So kalu na bisexual?
Re: Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) by christistruth01: 10:29am On May 22, 2022
tolor:
please can you tell more in what Maiduguri people know about him?

Orji Kalu was very Close to Babangida but the post attached below will give you a real idea of the true nature of their relationship that was the story then in Maiduguri not only from the Big Men close to the corridors of power but also from the Army Officers

Orji was first close to Abacha and got to know Babangida through him

Orji was their " Boy"

The Story about Orji being a Businessman is Solid Trash

http://police.com.ng/index.php/19-huhucategory/2369-nigeria-the-homosexual-a-nation-of-adulterous-and-fornicating-thieves-who-would-rather-hang-gay-honest-people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Group Photo Of APC Presidential Aspirants / Nnamdi Kanu Writes British Commission, Asks For Consular Services / PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.