Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate (755 Views)

Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim / 2023 Presidency: Why Tinubu May Look Elsewhere / Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by membranus: 9:13am On May 21, 2022
I have no apology to anybody on my political decision; but, I respect the concern and opinion of everyone.

My political decision is based on my personal conviction and conscience.

Some people called me while some sent me messages requesting to know why I am supporting Tinubu .

My response is very simple - HE IS THE BEST AMONG THE AVAILABLE FOR NOW.

I am not trying to justify bad governance.

I am not here to support and encourage corruption and godfathers.

I am not a hypocrite.

I am not a hater.

I am a realist; a humanist to the core.

Some people said Tinubu is corrupt.

I asked them to mention a politician that is vying for the post of president that is not corrupt.

Corruption is not peculiar to Tinubu alone. It is almost a culture in Nigeria.

Some people said he sold Lagos to himself.

I requested them to mention Nigerian leader that was given opportunity that didn't consider himself and his family first.

It is always me, mine, and myself in Nigeria. Do your investigation very well about privatisation and monetisation in Nigeria both at the states and national levels.

How about El-rufai and Atiku privatisation in Abuja; you have forgotten so soon.

How about Saint Buhari and the rot in PTF. Or Pastor Prof and School Feeding/Trader Money scam.

It is not unique to Tinubu alone.

They said Tinubu is playing God - godfathersm.

I told them most Nigerian leaders not only in politics, but in corporate/private, religious, traditional and other sectors play godfathersm.

Most governors from year 1999 till date tried to replace themselves with stooges.

Most of them failed. It is not Tinubu's fault that he(Tinubu) succeeded. Most Nigerians are struggling to become a political son or daughter to any godfather that would promote them - let's be honest !

Some people said Tinubu is too old. I asked them what were the benefits derived from the very young leaders (both military and civilians) that we had since 15th January 1966 coup

Aguiyi-Ironsi was young as Head of state, Gowon was young as Head of state, Murtala was young as Head of state, Obasanjo was young as Deputy and Head of state, Shagari was not an old man as President, Buhari was young as Head of state, IBB was young as Head of state, Abacha was not that old as Head of state
Abdulsalami was not too old as Head of state. Jonathan was not an old man as president . These leaders were having young Nigerians both as either military or civilian state governors, head of MDAs etc.

Orji Kalu was young as Governor of Abia state, Saraki was young as Governor of Kwara State
Donald Duke was young as Governor of Cross Rivers State, Yahaya Bello of my state - Kogi, is a disgrace to the youths and bad reference for the youth agenda.

Bello Matawalle of Zamfara probably the youngest governor at the moment, but, clueless and lack direction.
Etc

What magic have these so called young people brought to governance with their youthfulness.

Lee Kuan Yew was a Singaporean statesman and lawyer who served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and is widely recognised as the nation's founding father. He was an old man

Age doesn't bring good governance; ideas do.

Some said Tinubu is sick. I ask who is not either physically or emotionally or mentally or ideologically sick in Nigeria.

The society and long time bad governance have frustrated most Nigerians in Nigeria. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882–1945) was the 32nd president of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was on wheelchair; he won a record four presidential elections and became a central figure in world events during the first half of the 20th century.

Some said Tinubu is too rich and too powerful to be a president. I asked them are they looking for a poor and weak person to be Nigerian president.

I then demand they present their candidate. They told me God will bring one. Is he/she coming from Heaven.

There is God in us. God has His role while we humans also have our roles. God rules in the affairs of men.

I told them that through the instrumentality of Tinubu:

1. Lagos has the highest IGR inNigeria
2. Lagos is the economy centre/pillar of Nigeria
3. Lagos is among the fastest growing economy in Africa
4. Tinubu didn't just build roads, schools, hospital
5. Tinubu also expanded Lagos and opened Lekki, Eko Atlantic etc
6. Tinubu is a Fisher of men. He goes for potentials while your leaders go for Touts, Thugs, sycophants, mediocres, and uneducated fellows
7. Tinubu is a nationalist. He has grown beyond bigotry and conquered trivial sentiments. He is neither an ethnic champion nor a religious bigot like your leaders. He gave opportunity to everyone to grow in Lagos irrespective of his/her religion, ethnic or state he comes from.
8. Tinubu is vastly educated. Well trained professional Accountant. Politically sagacious and human philosopher
9. Tinubu fought gallantly for democracy. He fought the military. He is a brave and charismatic leader. He has paid the price for leadership
10. Tinubu has made many leaders, he is a leader of the leaders. He has large heart to forgive and accommodate betrayers

I am not saying Tinubu is the best in Nigeria, but, Tinubu is the best among those that are parading about to contest for Nigerian president come year 2023.

Please, bring your best candidate with proving and convicing superior credentials. I will support him because I need the best for Nigeria.

Stop hating Bola
Stop harassing Ahmed
Stop abusing Tinubu
Stop that envy and jealousy against Jagaban

Tinubu is the Asiwaju
Tinubu is the leader.
Tinubu is either the next president or a determinant for the next president.
Tinubu is a massive force to be reckoned with

Finally, always remember that Tinubu is a product of this bad society called Nigeria. He is a human being. He is not God and he has never assumed to be God. He is just contributing his own quota to the growth and development of Nigeria. If you have the liver like him, come out and throw your hat into the ring !

Lets all join hands without hatred to build a better Nigeria.

I rest my case for now.

Adebakin

Copied.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Blaqroman0000: 9:29am On May 21, 2022
Yorubas people don't even know how to hide being tribalistic...
How can you say Tinubu is the best candidate among the rest.. Is it that you're sick o what?

And you're using lagos as an example.
Oga once they open bother in somewhere like anambra or even enugu, in space of three months lagos will be dried up. Developement of lagos was not generally done by Tinubu, it was mainly for the fact of that tin can port where thousands of goods are shipped in, now tell me how on earth will it not be developing..

See am not a tribalist but there is difference between someone that just has an ambition to be president... And someone who has game plan to tackle some problems we are currently facing, and since all the candidates have been declaring for presidency... Its just two candidates that has been interviewed and they stated out their plans and what they would do to take Nigeria to the next level not just having mere ambition of becoming president by fire by force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by gozzlin: 9:53am On May 21, 2022
I didn't read all that drivel you posted up there.

I believe strongly that anyone who supports Tinubu, does so for the fact that he freely gives them pittance from the funds he's looted from Lagos state from his time as governor and even now that he's allegedly been paid 10 percent of all revenue accruing to Lagos. Nigerians like you are only interested in the chicken change you give them right now and not how things will deteriorate in future if someone like Tinubu is elected the president.

I mean seriously, how can someone in his right senses even consider a fantastically corrupt elderly man who has maintained a stranglehold on Lagos state since 1999 to lead a country of over 200 million people as if there are no more vibrant individuals with experience that can lead this nation? An elderly man with so much tainted past history of crime. A man who made agberoism a culture in Lagos, a man who is obviously more than 80 years old, and suffering from debilitating illnesses and documented case of dementia is what some people are hyping to the heavens as the most qualified to be the president?

I can't wrap my head around this idiocy. Some people are just insane, to put it mildly.
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by 00FFT00(m): 10:07am On May 21, 2022
membranus:
I have no apology to anybody on my political decision; but, I respect the concern and opinion of everyone.

Some people called me while some sent me messages requesting to know why I am supporting Tinubu .

I am not a hypocrite.

I am not a hater.

I asked them to mention a politician that is vying for the post of president that is not corrupt.

I requested them to mention Nigerian leader that was given opportunity that didn't consider himself and his family first.

It is always me, mine, and myself in Nigeria. Do your investigation very well about privatisation and monetisation in Nigeria both at the states and national levels.

How about El-rufai and Atiku privatisation in Abuja; you have forgotten so soon.

How about Saint Buhari and the rot in PTF. Or Pastor Prof and School Feeding/Trader Money scam.

I told them most Nigerian leaders not only in politics, but in corporate/private, religious, traditional and other sectors play godfathersm.

Most governors from year 1999 till date tried to replace themselves with stooges.

Most of them failed. It is not Tinubu's fault that he(Tinubu) succeeded. Most Nigerians are struggling to become a political son or daughter to any godfather that would promote them - let's be honest !

Some people said Tinubu is too old. I asked them what were the benefits derived from the very young leaders (both military and civilians) that we had since 15th January 1966 coup

Aguiyi-Ironsi was young as Head of state, Gowon was young as Head of state, Murtala was young as Head of state, Obasanjo was young as Deputy and Head of state, Shagari was not an old man as President, Buhari was young as Head of state, IBB was young as Head of state, Abacha was not that old as Head of state
Abdulsalami was not too old as Head of state. Jonathan was not an old man as president . These leaders were having young Nigerians both as either military or civilian state governors, head of MDAs etc.

Orji Kalu was young as Governor of Abia state, Saraki was young as Governor of Kwara State
Donald Duke was young as Governor of Cross Rivers State, Yahaya Bello of my state - Kogi, is a disgrace to the youths and bad reference for the youth agenda.

Bello Matawalle of Zamfara probably the youngest governor at the moment, but, clueless and lack direction.
Etc

What magic have these so called young people brought to governance with their youthfulness.

Lee Kuan Yew was a Singaporean statesman and lawyer who served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and is widely recognised as the nation's founding father. He was an old man

Some said Tinubu is sick. I ask who is not either physically or emotionally or mentally or ideologically sick in Nigeria.

The society and long time bad governance have frustrated most Nigerians in Nigeria. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882–1945) was the 32nd president of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was on wheelchair; he won a record four presidential elections and became a central figure in world events during the first half of the 20th century.

Some said Tinubu is too rich and too powerful to be a president. I asked them are they looking for a poor and weak person to be Nigerian president.

I then demand they present their candidate. They told me God will bring one. Is he/she coming from Heaven.

There is God in us. God has His role while we humans also have our roles. God rules in the affairs of men.

6. Tinubu is a Fisher of men. He goes for potentials while your leaders go for Touts, Thugs, sycophants, mediocres, and uneducated fellows
7. Tinubu is a nationalist. He has grown beyond bigotry and conquered trivial sentiments. He is neither an ethnic champion nor a religious bigot like your leaders. He gave opportunity to everyone to grow in Lagos irrespective of his/her religion, ethnic or state he comes from.
8. Tinubu is vastly educated. Well trained professional Accountant. Politically sagacious and human philosopher
9. Tinubu fought gallantly for democracy. He fought the military. He is a brave and charismatic leader. He has paid the price for leadership
10. Tinubu has made many leaders, he is a leader of the leaders. He has large heart to forgive and accommodate betrayers

I am not saying Tinubu is the best in Nigeria, but, Tinubu is the best among those that are parading about to contest for Nigerian president come year 2023.

Please, bring your best candidate with proving and convicing superior credentials. I will support him because I need the best for Nigeria.

Stop hating Bola
Stop harassing Ahmed
Stop abusing Tinubu

Tinubu is the Asiwaju
Tinubu is the leader.

Finally, always remember that Tinubu is a product of this bad society called Nigeria. He is a human being. He is not God and he has never assumed to be God. He is just contributing his own quota to the growth and development of Nigeria. If you have the liver like him, come out and throw your hat into the ring !

I rest my case for now.

Adebakin

Copied.

Notice that for of the vices the writer admitted Tinubu to and rightly indicted him for, none, and I repeat, none is attributable to the one man Nigerians of all ethnicities and religion are increasingly agreeing should bring Nigeria back on the right track.

A detribalized Nigerian who not only possesses, but has consistently demonstrate capacity and capability in every position and endeavor he has undertaken both publicly and privately.

He is easily the most unencumbered of all the contestants in the pack. He was never indicted for any act of breach of trust or corrupt behaviour in his 8 years as a governor or chairman of banks in Nigeria or during his sojourn in foreign lands.

A honest man. An effective people and resources manager, and a man with a heart for humanity.

Who is this man?.

Mr. Peter Gregory Obi.

1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Jlow2: 10:11am On May 21, 2022
Nigeria has geopolitical zones and the presidency must rotate ,for equity and justice, we have seen how polarized nigeria is, if only tinubu is qualified because he is a Yoruba man lyk you, then you re not realistic as you have said,nigeria is gradually skidding into anarchy,nobody hates you or tinubu but your greed, you can not be shouting one nigeria at the detriment of other regions, reality is stearing at us, by the time it happens tinubu will fly out with his family and abandon you to ur fate
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by ZombieTAMER: 10:21am On May 21, 2022
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari and that's a fact..

Tinubu is too old and sick to tackle the problems of the country

Tinubu is too corrupt.. he has singlehandedly made Lagos State his cash cow and personal property.

Tinubu is tribalistic, i remember when herdsmen killed a daughter of a South West elder stateman, he quipped " where are the cows" Is Evans a herdsman.. meaning the crime was not committed by Fulani but an Igbo. even with all the evidence available.

I told people that nothing will come out of the police investigation in lekki where bike riders killed one sound Engineer especially now that elections are around the corner.. today I'm vindicated..
they said it's Igbo people that are okada riders in lekki led by one chigozie.

No faces to those names..

Tinubu is evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Davinity: 10:25am On May 21, 2022
How can I possibly waste my time to read that gibberish you typed... You just need sense at least for your future

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Reality3080: 10:46am On May 21, 2022
00FFT00:

Notice that for of the vices the writer admitted Tinubu to and rightly indicted him for, none, and I repeat, none is attributable to the one man Nigerians of all ethnicities and religion are increasingly agreeing should bring Nigeria back on the right track.

A detribalized Nigerian who not only possesses, but has consistently demonstrate capacity and capability in every position and endeavor he has undertaken both publicly and privately.

He is easily the most unencumbered of all the contestants in the pack. He was never indicted for any act of breach of trust or corrupt behaviour in his 8 years as a governor or chairman of banks in Nigeria or during his sojourn in foreign lands.

A honest man. An effective people and resources manager, and a man with a heart for humanity.

Who is this man?.

Mr. Peter Gregory Obi.
can u furnish us with reasons y u believe Peter obi is better than tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by 00FFT00(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2022
Reality3080:
can u furnish us with reasons y u believe Peter obi is better than tinubu?

To you?.

Nwokem, even if Jesus himself presented the information you seek, you, a general in Tinubu's urchin army will trample your Tinubu dirty feet on it. I'm a busy man. I no just get your time.
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by WhizdomXX(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2022
Wike is the best. Tinubu doesn't deserve the ticket on the principles of rotation. Either A Niger Deltan or North eastern person carries it for one term OR a Middle belt or South eastern person holds it for two terms.
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Reality3080: 12:09pm On May 21, 2022
00FFT00:

To you?.

Nwokem, even if Jesus himself presented the information you seek, you, a general in Tinubu's urchin army will trample your Tinubu dirty feet on it. I'm a busy man. I no just get your time.
peter obi fans become busy anytime u tell them to list his achievements

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Savagr(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
Amaechi we know
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by 00FFT00(m): 12:58pm On May 21, 2022
Reality3080:
peter obi fans become busy anytime u tell them to list his achievements

The thief you support has nothing on Peter Obi.
Ever wonder why Nigerians don't like your candidate?.
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by duwdu: 1:43pm On May 21, 2022
membranus:

I am not a hypocrite.

I am not a hater.

Etc

Stop hating Bola
Stop harassing Ahmed
Stop abusing Tinubu

Tinubu is the Asiwaju
Tinubu is the leader.

I rest my case for now.

Adebakin

Copied.

@OP, can you please provide a working link to the copied message and its author?

Thanks.

P34c3
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by damo2014(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2022
@OP thank you for this expository piece. Although many like this have been written but trust my Naija people, they will rather painstakingly look at the truth and pretend as if they dont see one. Their hypocrisy is way out of this world.
Among all the prominent candidates vying to lead us in 2023, which one of them has something to present to us their preclude to deliver well when elected as president. Tinubu has. And they are ubiquitous.
You want to talk of corrupt tendencies, all of them have been tested with one political positions or the other. And yes, none of them can confidently claim sainthood.
If we are talking of delivery, Tinubu should be tested at the national level. Lagos case as governor is a good example. Prior to our return to democracy in 1999, how many institutions could be boasted of? Now there are several of them. This is as far as 1999 when virtually all states were just brainstorming how they would start.
Tinubu has an eye for quality people to work with.
At this time that Nigeria is battling the issue of tribalism and religious fanatism, is it Peter Obi or Atiku or even Oshibajo that best fits in. Tinubu is detribalized. Tinubu is neither here nor there, religion-wise. Fanatism is never his thing.
Tinubu is a good friend of the private sector. Investments will troop in during his presidency.
Politically, he's smart just like Obasanjo. He also has friends all over the country, because he's been there for more than 3 decades. He's not a newbie like Oshibajo or Obi. Tinubu has the tenacity. He has the mien, the brain and already the followership.

He may not be best we can put forward but among the ones we are seeing and the time he's coming out, Tinubu remains a credible Option.
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by Basic123: 3:31pm On May 21, 2022
ZombieTAMER:
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari and that's a fact..

Tinubu is too old and sick to tackle the problems of the country

Tinubu is too corrupt.. he has singlehandedly made Lagos State his cash cow and personal property.

Tinubu is tribalistic, i remember when herdsmen killed a daughter of a South West elder stateman, he quipped " where are the cows" Is Evans a herdsman.. meaning the crime was not committed by Fulani but an Igbo. even with all the evidence available.

I told people that nothing will come out of the police investigation in lekki where bike riders killed one sound Engineer especially now that elections are around the corner.. today I'm vindicated..
they said it's Igbo people that are okada riders in lekki led by one chigozie.

No faces to those names..

Tinubu is evil.

Now name one of the aspirants that is directly opposite of Tinubu negative attributes?

Amathief?

Osinwere?

Obituary?
Re: Why Tinubu May Be The Best Available Presidential Candidate by ZombieTAMER: 4:11pm On May 21, 2022
Basic123:

Now name one of the aspirants that is directly opposite of Tinubu negative attributes?
Amathief
Osinwere?
Obituary?

you said same thing in 2015 about buhari integrity

Now you have become the skullership capital of Africa.. you are only doing yourself, not me

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Dance To A Popular Song - Buga By Kizz Daniel / President Buhari Receives Ekiti Governor-Elect Oyebanji In Aso Rock PHOTOS / Nigeria’s Chief Justice Tanko Mohammed Has Resigned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.