Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders (621 Views)

My Sincere Apology To Nairalanders And Nairaland In General / I Advise To You To Look For A Site, With Articles On A Theme Interesting You. / Proud To Present 2004 Golf 4for Sale To Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders by KunleA2(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2011
For anyone who care enough or have been paying attention, you can see that the rate of exchange is laready at $1/N166 as of today.

Actually back in April/May, i have a Banker friend told me it will hit $1/N180 but didn't believe him cos i don't see a reason for it. We are not in "rush" period yet. But now i am starting to.

My advise to anyone that's buying car is to  BUY NOW! Especially if you see a car at "old price" Jump at it.

A typical good 1997-1999 Camry selling for about N1m will be hard to come by as soon as the rate increase is felt thru the auto market.

Profit margin on those vehicles are about N150k thereabout. The rate increase will take a good chunk of that at present day.

Once again, DO NOT HESITATE!!!!

RUN! DON'T WALK! TO YOUR NEAREST DEALER AND COP THAT RIDE!

Happy Motoring.
Re: Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders by baconline(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2011
true talk
Re: Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders by oblo(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2011
^^ Baconline, how far? I no see you again oo!  grin grin

To butress kunle's point, its really true albeit disappointing that the almighty naira has soooo sooo degraded to this level!!!   Some time in June I took an order to get a car for a client in cotonou, the rate was 339naira per 1000. believe me when i went back just the next week, it had risen to 346 per 1000!!! shocked  grin grin

All this is due to the rise in dollar !! When one tries to explain to a customer genuinly about thiis and why their supposed car might cost more  they feel u wana rip them off!! angry angry  .

Honestly I feel something has to be done and done fast cuz in no time naira mite pass the 180 mark!!
Re: Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders by Fhemmmy: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2011
True talk and i hope that Nigerians will survive this.
We produce almost nothing and we yet consumes everything
Re: Dollar Ri$ing: A Word Of Advise To Nairalanders by baconline(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
@oblo u never give me green light,shey make we deal for mi price?

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! LR3 2006 Full Options For Quick Grabs: SOLD!!! / Neatly Used 08 Honda Crv : N 3m / Nissan 3.5 At Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.