Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Lagos State Government Tolerating Almajiris While Other Northern States Remove - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Government Tolerating Almajiris While Other Northern States Remove (279 Views)

7 Northern States Shut Schools Over Rising Banditry And Abductions / Kano Almajiris Attack Cleric Who "Insulted The Prophet" (Video, Photo) / Gay Man Defiles 32 Almajiris In Niger State, Blames The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Tolerating Almajiris While Other Northern States Remove by Nobody: 11:15am On May 21, 2022
I remember when Fashola was in office, he really was serious about the Lagos mega city project, because he knew you can not have a mega city with Almajiri beggars and urchins everywhere on the street. Almajiris and urchins on the streets will discourage tourists from coming to Lagos, will discourage foreigners and expatriates from living in Lagos, breeds more crimes, because the Almajiris will grow up in the area, this will embolden him to commit crimes as he grows up with no handwork, education or training, he will become a criminal, terrorists or nuisance in Lagos.

I don't know if the inaction on them, it's due to APC politicking but I know Lagos state government have the resources to take back these Almajiris and beggars back to their states...it's not just about taking their bikes from them, engage in consistent mass raiding of ghettos and bachas, we must get rid of these miscreants and discourage them from coming to Lagos. Why will they leave Kano, Kaduna, and all Northern states, and come to Lagos to live in the streets...it makes no sense.

Lagos is not for everyone, you can stay in your state and earn a living, Lagos is a secular, cosmopolitan city where tourism and business thrive, we don't need nuisance everywhere on the roads and streets.

Towards Lagos mega city project.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Tolerating Almajiris While Other Northern States Remove by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 21, 2022
Sanwo Olu, you are a Lagosian, your concern should be the well being of Lagosians, tax payers and residents that rent or buy homes, working, doing business and living legitimately. Living in the streets or creating bachas is against the law, no city that cares about security and development will allow unregistered/unprofiled people roaming around free.

(1) (Reply)

How I Faked Kidnap To Get Money From My Parents — Suspect / Indian Police Arrest 10 Nigerians For Possessing Cannabis { Photos } / NDLEA Nabs 27-year-old Housewife With Drugs Concealed In Fetish Bowls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.