Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,635 members, 7,861,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? (544 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? by agubata111: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2011
If Nigerian Labour Congress can go on strike over pay raise, can they also go on strike for pay reduction for National Assembly members?
Re: Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? by jamace(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2011
For where? sad Wait a minute, I don't know if I'm the only that observed the huge size, potbellied and oily faces of the so-call leaders of the NLC on NTA while issuing their 3 day warning strike to the fed govt over the minimum wage issue. Was that their physique before they came to that office? I doubt o. grin

These group of NLC chieftains seem to be worse than the Lawmakers you are expecting them to go against. Do you know whether they have collected "appreciation envelopes" from the lawmakers? Did you observe the vigour with which they fought the military intended withdrawal from PENCOM, you think they did that without collecting "roger" from PENCOM and the PFAs?

As far as I am concern, NLC is another biz group who fights for their interests first and leave the remnant to the masses.
Re: Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? by tpn: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2011
The NLC has always fought for wage increases as if that is the only solution to the problem of the masses.Once this minimum wage is passed , i give the country oney year and inflation would just rise to erase the minimum wage and another set of loafers would come to say they need another minimum wage.What happened to other social need of the workers.Have you noticed the income tax law that gives only peanuts to children and dependent in a year and expect you to use that.The issue of the health care NHS , is it working ,if the health care is working would the workers be using half of their salary to pay private doctors when they are sick.The transport system , almost half of your salary is used on transportation assumming you are on the minimum wage so tell me who is fooling who.
Re: Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? by jamace(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2011
Do you see the present crop of NLC leaders as those who have the interest of Nigerians at heart? They are a bunch of "settle us now or we mobilise against you" eediots. Do their appearance look like those fighting for the masses?

Whenever you hear them shouting, know that they have not been settled. Nonsense. angry angry
Re: Can Nlc Go On Strike Over Law Makers Jumbo Pay? by jamace(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
How can they, when their potbellies are bigger than those of the NASS members, evidence of corruption. eediots. angry

(1) (Reply)

More Nigerians Support Military Action Against Boko Haram / Jonathan In 100 Days: Still Singing Transformation Song? / I Don’t Have Oil Block With Andy Uba – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.