Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police (16693 Views)

Legal Grounds Why Tinubu Can’t Be Arrested & Prosecuted - NDLEA / Man Seen Dumping Waste Lagos Gutter Arrested, Prosecuted (pictures) / Sagay: Reps, Senators Who Refuse Screening Can Be Arrested, Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 21, 2022
PDJT:

-You have a point. Farming is far more noble than risking your life on motorcycles.

Personally, I couldn't be paid to live anywhere in Lagos. I wonder what the average age of Lagos residents is, I mean the environmental issues there is enough to cut 20 years out of someone's life. Even the Lagos airport is ridiculous.
Many people are not smart, everyone wants to come to Lagos and live on the streets...how can you leave the North and come all the way to Lagos(southwest) to live on the streets and bachas, I think these people have a sinister plan, it does not make sense. Maybe they are trying to populate Lagos with their kids and people, we must not allow it. Lagos is for Lagosians and people who earn a living, miscreants coming into Lagos daily is congesting this city.

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by komek(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2022
Another good way to drive this policy
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Tzar(m): 10:33pm On May 21, 2022
You forget that a power bike is more expensive to own and maintain than some cars.
A small 250cc power bike costs between
850k-1m. Minimum kits costs 70-100k used.
So just budget N1m for the smallest power bike. That can buy you a small Nigerian used car.

cocolacec:

Trekking is good for the body as a form of exercise.If you cant trek buy your private Okada(Power bike).Private Okadas(Power bike) and dispatch riders are not banned,only commercial okadas are banned.
Eko oni baje
God Bless Lagos
God bless Yorubaland
God bless Western region.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Cantonese: 10:37pm On May 21, 2022
madridguy:
The State government should consider us with no other means of transportation.
We cannot be trekking day and night.

Bicycle nko?
Horse nko?
Your legs nko?
Water ways nko?

5 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by PDJT: 10:38pm On May 21, 2022
Fairmedia:

Many people are not smart, everyone wants to come to Lagos and live on the streets...how can you leave the North and come all the way to Lagos(southwest) to live on the streets and bachas, I think these people have a sinister plan, it does not make sense. Maybe they are trying to populate Lagos with their kids and people, we must not allow it. Lagos is for Lagosians and people who earn a living, miscreants coming into Lagos daily is congesting this city.

-Una wey de Lagos de try. January 2015 was the last time I set my foot on Lagos soil. I don't think anything will bring me there in the nearest future, if am honest.

-Pollution, disorder, insanity, antisocial behaviours, corruption, disease, agberoism .... name them, all in there.

3 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 21, 2022
PDJT:

-Una wey de Lagos de try. January 2015 was the last time I set my foot on Lagos soil. I don't think anything will bring me there in the nearest future, if am honest.

-Pollution, disorder, insanity, antisocial behaviours, corruption, disease, agberoism .... name them, all in there.
I like people like you... overpopulation makes it worse, this is why the government must deport all illegal immigrants, take back urchins and beggars to their states.

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by mywells: 11:02pm On May 21, 2022
They should ban everything both okada and tricycle all of them are mothafvkcass,there should be sanity on the road,plan your journey ahead of time,learn the culture of using buses and taxis.dont wait until you're late and start rushing on a bike.

2 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by platinum131(m): 11:04pm On May 21, 2022
madridguy:

Consider you? You mean with your 30k Bmc allowee ..you never buy motto? God dey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by KaluwisxPRO: 11:12pm On May 21, 2022
madridguy:

Na only Nigeria people dey go visit person without invitation. There are so many people moving around in Nigeria that should’ve been at home.

Some who are supposed to be in the villages, enjoying peace are busy roaming the cities constituting nuisance. City is not for everyone, go your village and have peace if city life too hard.

3 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by blackgold2018(m): 11:12pm On May 21, 2022
madridguy:
order Uber. We are here for you grin
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by 9japride(m): 11:54pm On May 21, 2022
Double wahala. I support this. Normally, it use to be only the bike men that suffers from all these kind of policies. The passenger usually japa.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Aystarz: 12:04am On May 22, 2022
komek:
Another good way to drive this policy

The one reason I know this twist would work is because police officers like extortion and bribes. They wouldn't lose an opportunity to put erring passengers behind bars for this.

Good one by LASG.

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by davit: 12:36am On May 22, 2022
That's the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Osanoghodua1: 1:35am On May 22, 2022
I love it with all my heart, ban them all in every Major roads too, ban them all they're too aggressive and careless. I hate to live in Lagos, if I must, then official cars must carry me and my project site must be close to my house Otherwise, I work from home

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Litmus: 2:35am On May 22, 2022
Fairmedia:

To stay Lagos is not by force, the state government can not compromise on security and welfare of Lagosians because of you.
Lagos is not for poor people.

Most Nigerians have land in their villages. Is an individual with land to his name actually poor?

1 Like

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by johnnychuks(m): 3:45am On May 22, 2022
clothingonline:
Lagos needs to step up this ban
Okada is ban in Abuja and south east
. Abeg leave south east on this issue pls.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by johnnychuks(m): 3:55am On May 22, 2022
Fairmedia:

I like people like you... overpopulation makes it worse, this is why the government must deport all illegal immigrants, take back urchins and beggars to their states.
is like you are looking for trouble for some special tribe ooo, who their job is to beg with one hand holding jack knife �
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Perfectbeing(m): 4:00am On May 22, 2022
People that are smart should go into bicycle selling business
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Elporo(m): 4:16am On May 22, 2022
madridguy:

.. poor people killing each other.
Tufia... as if the poverty is not enough burden to carry.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by kernniejay(m): 4:50am On May 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I hope Oyo state government is taking note because the marauders will simply move down here and bring their wanton disregard for decency and order.
Very correct. Oyo and Ogun states will be the next option and would soon be flooded by those aboki okada men from Lagos. I hope those governments will wake up and do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by kernniejay(m): 4:56am On May 22, 2022
johnkay1:

Sanwo-olu just want to sell those cars the contractor has remitted kickback.

Which of the cities in the developing world do you see adopt okada as a means of public transport?
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by seanwilliam(m): 5:12am On May 22, 2022
Fairmedia:

To stay Lagos is not by force, the state government can not compromise on security and welfare of Lagosians because of you.

Funny but true
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by kingthreat(m): 5:22am On May 22, 2022
This will really stop the influx of people that come to Lagos just to do Okada.
Let them stay in their villages and farm.

2 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by kingthreat(m): 5:25am On May 22, 2022
Fairmedia:

Just like New York is not for poor people
Just like Capetown is not for poor people
I used to consider okada riders because it is an easy means of transportation.
But with the way it is going, it is affecting the outlook of the state.
Let them be restricted to the streets not main roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Jakumo(m): 5:30am On May 22, 2022
PDJT:

I agree with this view 100%. Lagos fits my definition of hell on earth, and I would never set foot in that horrible place but for my occasional need to take an international flight into or from the airport. Whenever I find myself with no choice but to visit Lagos, I lose sleep for a week beforehand, as I contemplate all the ugly and deadly things that can befall anyone in that place without warning.

I would rather go to jail for a year than spend one day in Lagos. To those of you who call Lagos home, kindly accept my deepest condolences on the predicament in which you find yourselves.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Mandate2023: 5:31am On May 22, 2022
madridguy:

No other means of transportation?

Do u know what transportation means
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Mandate2023: 5:34am On May 22, 2022
kettykings:

Who the hell wants to live in Lagos if not for the lopsided federal structure of Nigeria where everything is centred in 2 cities.

Go and check all the laws made by the present governor who I understand was handpicked and appointed a governor,they are all anti people laws. By the way I don't support okada because they have been banned elsewhere in the east and Abuja , I support banning them in Lagos .

Shut that ur dirty mouth up.....u don't know what u r saying
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by adebwalex(m): 5:52am On May 22, 2022
cocolacec:

Trekking is good for the body as a form of exercise.If you cant trek buy your private Okada(Power bike).Private Okadas(Power bike) and dispatch riders are not banned,only commercial okadas are banned.
Eko oni baje
God Bless Lagos
God bless Yorubaland
God bless Western region.

They can even buy bicycle. At least na to exercise the leg too.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Olowosaudi(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2022
I support the government of Lagos State on this move. These guys riding bikes are animals and very dangerous to commuters on the road. We need sanity in Lagos like Abuja. Lagos cannot be a dumping ground for these guys ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by OYEDIPE(m): 6:08am On May 22, 2022
meedoLock:
Una well so, arrest me and my money?
Try it now.... Police will cash out on you ni.
Re: Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police by Druss(m): 6:20am On May 22, 2022
Supported.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: E-Transmission Of Election Results Has Come To Stay – Mahmood Yakubu / Pini Jason, A Nigerian Pundit, Is Dead / APC Governors Are Sponsoring Daily Protests Against Oshiomhole - Nabena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.