Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Any Fashion School For Kids? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Any Fashion School For Kids? (2807 Views)

Help: Any Fashion Designer Here? I Wana Start A Clothing Line. / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) / Is There Any Fashion School Arround Festac Pls??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Fashion School For Kids? by tommi34475: 9:52am On Jul 15, 2011
Please I'll appreciate if anyone out there could help me with information on this. My little kid just picked up interest in sewing, she sews cloths on dolls and the likes and the interesting thing is that she actually creates her own designs. I need a not too expensive school that can help her brush up her skills, especially when school's on break.
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 17, 2011
u are such a good and caring parent, i had those dreams too while growing up but was never given the opportunity.my mom always promised to repair her old sewing unit for me to practice on but never did sad its a good thing you are doing for hersmiley,
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by razznaija(f): 7:00am On Aug 17, 2011
thats good atleast your helping her achieve her dreams, you should look for cd's that give sewing instructions so that she can watch the videos and practice, but as for classes; where do you live? if you live in the U.S try to find a Micheal's or Joanne fabric store, they offer free classes on sewing. Or just look for any arts and crafts stores near you.
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by tommi34475: 7:30am On Aug 17, 2011
Thanks guys for your responses and I guess I forgot to add that i live in LAGOS!
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by pynkspyce: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2011
how old is your child? talk to a local tailor in your area, but help them understand that under no circumstances must ur child double as a slave. Or buy a sewing machine and have a teacher come to the house for a few hours to teach her, so that you or someone in your household can monitor the interaction.
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by bdizzl: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2011
ok my mum did the same for me too and i live in Lagos. The first thing is get her a sewing kit let her be familiar wit her needle work, simple stitches, taperules nd stuff. Fashion schools are so expensive nd near ridiculous. Let her focus on home econs class. Local tailors would have bin the best but they can be really mean, theyl make u fetch water wash mop long errands! Bt they teach. Jst buy her a kit, some fabric and let her continue learning.
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by Natasha2(f): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2011
don't know of any fashion school but like someone said you can take her to a local tailor, my mum taught me how to sw too at home not that she'a a fashion designer or anything but she just wanted us to also have a little knowledge of it, so I can mend my clothes my self and it even gets better, there are times i get new clothes and turn them into something else, its really cool cheesy no knowledge is a waste after all
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by MMM2(m): 11:55am On Aug 17, 2011
i dont think dere is
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by chines4(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
When I saw the tread, I was like what?. but reading it now am like wow, that's so wonderful. And I think we equally need something like that. may be a summer fashion class for kids. Any N/L that is in fashion designs business can actually, start one imagine training next generation of wold class fashion designers, and making money doing that.
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by hollas2jnr(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
really, just as some have suggested, i would advice u ger her a GOOD sewing machine first and then sit back and see what she'll do with it. she'll definately do wonders with; its an in-born thing i believe just like my sisters, today, i must tell u, myself and my siblings sew almost all manner of trousers, shirts, natives clothes, even do embroidery on our clothes, learning from local tailors isn't adviceable at all, she won't be given the full opportunity to expand and express her full potential of creativity. she'll really enjoy it and WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE COULD BECOME. pls be of her support 100%. best of luck!!!
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
We organise Summer Vocational Classes for kids from 9-17years. However, our focus is more on Knitwear designs, using hand pins and knitting machines. Also, on hat making etc.

Alternatively, you could pair your daughter up with your seamstress!? smiley
Re: Any Fashion School For Kids? by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
At our school Valisimo fashions, www.valisimofashions.com we have students as young as 12 years old,becouse our madam her self started learning fashion designing at the age of 9,so she knowns how to train young kids on fashion due to her expirience.

(1) (Reply)

When Extensions Go Wrong: Naomi Campbell Is Going Bald! / So What? A Pastors Wife Is Condemned For This Outfit / Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.