Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace (36227 Views)

Atiku's Lawyers Receive Tinubu's Academic Records From Chicago State University / Edo: Oshiomhole Backs Ize-Iyamu, Dashes Odubu, Ogiemwonyi, Airhiavbere's Hope / Edo Government Revokes C-of-O Of Obaseki, Odubu, Ihonvbere’s Choice Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Lanrelagboi: 10:16pm On May 21, 2022
Oba Of Benin To Tinubu: We’re Praying For You To Get APC Ticket

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, has assured the National Leader of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that he and all the people of Benin Kingdom will continue to pray for him to pick APC’s ticket and win the presidential election.

The first-class monarch gave the assurance on Saturday evening in his palace while receiving Tinubu and members of his team.

A former National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole; the governorship candidate of the party during the September 19, 2020 poll Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu; and a former Deputy Governor, Chief Pius Odubu; among other chieftains of APC were also at the palace to welcome the presidential aspirant.

Oba of Benin said: “Your (Tinubu’s) remarks are like preaching to the converted or the Pope. The Benin throne is non-partisan; we are interested in who becomes president of Nigeria. Hence, the throne prays for good leadership.

“We are praying for you (Tinubu). If you are eventually given the ticket (of APC) and become president of the country, do the things that will make you sit at the right hand of God. Do not forget those of us that are praying for you.”

Tinubu said he has the capacity and experience to govern Nigeria.

According to him: “I supported and worked hard for Buhari to become President. I am a very competent individual. I served in Mobil as the Auditor-General and the Treasurer. I have helped to build great institutions and I have been Governor of Lagos State two times.

“When I took over as Governor, Lagos State was a big slum. Today, I am proud to say that Lagos is a mega city state. When I took over, Lagos was generating N600 million monthly as Internally-Generated Revenue (IGR). Today, Lagos State is generating over N50 billion monthly. Nigeria needs transformational leadership. We need great reforms.

“I am here (palace of Oba of Benin) to solicit your blessings, to ask for your endorsement and prayers. I am not a stranger in this palace. I am a son and an in-law at the same time.

“This is just a delegates’ selection process. I can come to Benin and sneak out, just to speak with the delegates, but since you are a father, and there is a great history behind your throne and the culture, I know I will be here today on a courtesy visit, before I will start meeting with the delegates.”

The national leader of APC promised to replicate in Nigeria, the developmental strides that he put in place in Lagos State as Governor.

Oshiomhole described Tinubu as the best man for the presidential job, declaring that the country needs somebody who could get the job done, without giving excuses.

He noted that the former Lagos Governor has the ability of identifying competent and loyal persons across Nigeria, who would work with him to get the desired results.

The former President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) disclosed that when he was Edo governor, his administration borrowed many initiatives from Lagos State based on the solid foundation laid by Tinubu.

He urged APC delegates and other Nigerians to massively vote for him during the primary election and the presidential poll.
https://thenationonlineng.net/oba-of-benin-to-tinubu-were-praying-for-you-to-get-apc-ticket/

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Rastaramsey(m): 10:20pm On May 21, 2022
Oba of Benin dey support this thief sef grin grin

Omo this man don do money for all the obas grin grin

We no want this thief jare

544 Likes 116 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by itaewon: 10:35pm On May 21, 2022
Remain obi of onistha to pray and endorse

mazi ikechuwku ahmed tinubu

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by famology(m): 10:38pm On May 21, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Cry me a river

122 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by famology(m): 10:38pm On May 21, 2022
Edo in the bag for Tinubu

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 21, 2022
Rastaramsey:

5%ter

539 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Realist12: 10:54pm On May 21, 2022
Good, I really like the point Oshiomole made , Tinubu is a man that makes no chance for excuses . He's defied odds in the past to provide the best possible results. Lagos FAAC comes to mind . He has a vision I'd implore all critics to drop the sentiments and look into his antecedents and compare it with all other aspirants , if Nigeria can be governed how Lagos has been governed it wouldn't be this bad . He's definitely the best man for the job .
The current state of the country isn't good and we know a lot of candidates will give excuses for their non performance. We need a man who is a goal getter .

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by pricklewane: 11:37pm On May 21, 2022
This is not the Pandora criminal Peter Obi this is Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Rastaramsey:

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Puskas: 11:41pm On May 21, 2022
How much did the Oba collected from the Iragbiji born thief?

358 Likes 68 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by OfficialAwol(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2022
itaewon:

Oh!

You people want Obi of Onitsha's endorsement?

I thought Igbo votes don't matter?

Meanwhile, Oba of Benin is praying Tinubu gets APC ticket so he can waste it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Gozac: 11:46pm On May 21, 2022
famology:
Edo in the bag for Tinubu
With 31states already covered as at today, Chibuike Amaechi is now the leading aspirant
That's by the wày Amaechi remains the most experienced, qualified and prepared to lead Nigeria at this time
As a detribalised man, he remains the national and unity candidate for one, strong united Nigeria
We urge the delegates to vote an Amaechi for a secured, united and prosperous Nigeria
Forward with courage, Victoria Ascerta!

5 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Gozac: 11:56pm On May 21, 2022
Realist12:
Good, I really like the point Oshiomole made , Tinubu is a man that makes no chance for excuses . He's defied odds in the past to provide the best possible results. Lagos FAAC comes to mind . He has a vision I'd implore all critics to drop the sentiments and look into his antecedents and compare it with all other aspirants , if Nigeria can be governed how Lagos has been governed it wouldn't be this bad . He's definitely the best man for the job .
The current state of the country isn't good and we know a lot of candidates will give excuses for their non performance. We need a man who is a goal getter .
So Tinubu is the goal getter now? Let's watch out and see how he will win.
Tinubu didn't do anything in Lagos apart from enriching himself, foisting his stooges all over Lagos and empowering stick wielding national union collecting " Owo mi da" at every bus stop
Tinubu can never win APC ticket to replicate the madness he left in Lagos all throughout the federation
Amaechi remains the most experienced, qualified and prepared to lead Nigeria at this time
As a detribalised man, he remains the national and unity candidate for one, strong united Nigeria
We urge the delegates to vote an Amaechi for a secured, united and prosperous Nigeria
Forward with courage, Victoria Ascerta!

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Mercury12(m): 1:39am On May 22, 2022
Great king oba of Benin.
Nobody cough

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by lonecatt(m): 6:11am On May 22, 2022
Baba needs to work harder
kano votes have disappeared

this election will not be determined by how much money you stole to buy votes because that is the only way jagaban believes he can win. e go shock am

384 Likes 71 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Sabadon(m): 6:12am On May 22, 2022
Edo no be Lagos grin

398 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Jacksparrow7(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2022
G

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by RaptObserver: 6:13am On May 22, 2022
This monarch dey suffer for politicians hands.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by PrinceMajestic: 6:13am On May 22, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Oba Of Benin To Tinubu: We’re Praying For You To Get APC Ticket

https://thenationonlineng.net/oba-of-benin-to-tinubu-were-praying-for-you-to-get-apc-ticket/
Edo 2020 failure squad with 2023 failed sick drug addict. His Majesty better fortify himself after. I know say the smell of yellow teeth and piss don choke oba. Nawa o

379 Likes 71 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by bestman09(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2022
Relegation team

389 Likes 64 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Nobody: 6:14am On May 22, 2022
They welcomed our next president

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Fasindo: 6:14am On May 22, 2022
shocked

Let the best candidate emerge.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by NairaLux(f): 6:15am On May 22, 2022
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Gkay1(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2022
All this wakawaka is because of presidential race. Few weeks to now, we will know the chosen one from apc

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by PrinceMajestic: 6:15am On May 22, 2022
RaptObserver:
This monarch dey suffer for politicians hands.
Lol, real line bro. I dey pity am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by englishmart(m): 6:16am On May 22, 2022
Tinubu is evil. Know this and know peace.

362 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by PrinceMajestic: 6:16am On May 22, 2022
Why can't we have monarchs that will act like Tyga woodz of Delta. Simply lock Palace gates against some aspirants, not everyone should be welcomed into sacred royal grounds

365 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Mandate2023: 6:19am On May 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by SensualMan: 6:20am On May 22, 2022
Akpolokpolo biko collect ur on $50,000 ojare!

There's a lot in lagos where that came from.

North, South and East everywhere is Sai Amaechi!!!
Amaechi do not need yoruba votes at all Tinubu can have em all!

Sai Dan Amana!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by PrinceMajestic: 6:21am On May 22, 2022
Nice one, Thank God Tinubu showed the respect. No caps allowed in Oba's presence or in his palace premises just like some sacred kingdoms that originated from Benin throne. Nice

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Mandate2023: 6:21am On May 22, 2022
Rastaramsey:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace by Salvador1: 6:21am On May 22, 2022
itaewon:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Travel Ban: Buhari Repeating 'Evil Decree 2' Of 1984 / Supporters Of Zakzaky Hold Rally In Washington DC, London And Turkey / Tinubu: Why I Believe I Will Win Presidency In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.