Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

Juventus Lodge £45m Bid For Unsettled Man City Star -tevez - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Juventus Lodge £45m Bid For Unsettled Man City Star -tevez (512 Views)

Iheanacho Is A Manchester City Star In Waiting - Goal.com. Scores Hat-trick. / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 1) On 13th May 2015 / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Juventus Lodge £45m Bid For Unsettled Man City Star -tevez by thisisEMP: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2011
Juventus have joined the chase to sign Man City star Carlos Tevez and made a £45million bid, according to Corinthians, who have seen their own offer to buy him rejected.

2011 Copa America Live Streaming

Tevez is keen to leave Manchester City for a return to South America due to family reasons, as his children are currently based back home in Argentina.

His former club Corinthians had a £35million offer rebuffed on Tuesday and the Brazil giants have stated they will not be increasing their offer the Argentine striker.

A move to continental Europe may now be Tevezs only option with Inter Milan and Real Madrid credited with an interest in the former Manchester United player.

Juventus had been looking to make a move for Ateltico Madrids Sergio Aguero, who is now being strongly linked as the man City want to replace Tevez.

However, Juve have seemingly now shown their hand and lodged a stunning £45million offer for Tevez.

But while confirming that Juve had now made an offer, Corinthians president Andres Sanchez insists Tevez does not want to continue playing anywhere in Europe.

"Nothing has changed. They (Manchester City) have to decide whether to sell or not," said Sanchez, after seeing his Brazilian side win 1-0 against Internacional on Thursday evening.

"They have a proposal for 52million (£45million) from Juventus, but Tevez does not want to stay in Europe.

"I keep dreaming. I made the offer in the end, even I was surprised. But it now depends on City. If I am president of a club that has Tevez then I would not want to sell. But the word of the player has a lot of weight

"You see that when the player wants to leave, he will leave anyway. In football, contracts were made to be broken."

Sanchez insists that Corinthians have a plan in place that will make them one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"Within three or four years, Brazilian soccer is going to be the world's richest. Just do the accounts," he said."The Corinthians have a recipe that no-one imagined two years ago. Corinthians will be, financially speaking, one of the world's strongest teams."

Sanchez said that their offer would remain on the table until January, adding: "He has until early next year to decide."

(1) (Reply)

Why Always Me? / Sep 11 Manchester United Prepared To Sell Brazilian Midfielder Anderson / John Terry Banned For 4 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.