Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn (2010 Views)

Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Martina Hingis Quits In Drugs Storm / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn by thisisEMP: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2011
Roger Federer may pair with Martina Hingis in the mixed doubles of the London 2012 Olympics.

Hingis revealed Federer's team had asked her about representing Switzerland together in an interview with the Ben Rothenberg of the Daily Forehand, while discussing her career on the seniors circuit.

"You're playing so well now, and there aren't really any other Swiss women near the top of the game at the moment," began Rothenberg.

"I was wondering - they're having mixed doubles at the Olympics next year, and someone who has had success in doubles in the Olympics is your countryman, Roger Federer,

"Would you play in the Olympics with him, if he asked?"

"You're tricky, right?" laughed Hingis - still aged just 30.

"Well, he kind of was like, through the angles, he already, like, you know tried, a little bit? But I don't know, "

"He already tried to ask you?" interjected Rothenberg.

"Well, I don't know," continued Hingis.

"Not him, personally, but, I mean, they asked that question, We're still a long way away, so, "

"But you're not saying no, you're open to it?" probed the Daily Forehand.

"I don't know, I don't know," squirmed Hingis.

"I'm not sure, because you have to really commit. And I feel great right now, but, you know, it's still a long way to go, it's another year.

"So just to be clear, someone from his team did ask you?" asked Rothenberg.

"Yeah, they did," admitted Hingis.

"But who knows, I mean, I would have to play some doubles before, or some mixed, who knows?"

Re: Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn by medjai(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2011
Two tennis legends. It'd be great to see them play together. If they win Gold at next year's Olympics, it'd be back to back Gold medals for Federer. He won the Men's doubles with Wawrinka in Beijing '08.
Re: Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn by JeSoul(f): 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2011
That would be a very nice duo . . . I hope it happens. Women's tennis is suffering right now from top notch quality legendary players. Hingis should be able to hold her own and pull her weight against any of the supposed top 10 women in the world.
Re: Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn by montelik(m): 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2011
Wow, should be a treat watching them if it happens. Two of d most intelligent tennis players of their time.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Announce Final U-20 Women Squad For World Cup / The Only Unbeaten Team In Europe 2014/2015 / Funny Football Picture: Arsenal Ramey And Mertesacker In Pursue Of UCL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.