Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? (394 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / The Most Important Reason Why You Should Become A Christian For Real / "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by kinggenesis(m): 3:10am On May 23, 2022
I just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

I was raised in a very Christian home, my parents are both leaders of different departments of a massive church. I slowly went away from the the doctrines of the ministry. I keep this to myself because I love my parents so much, and they are so supportive and our relationship is great.

I still go to church when I'm at home with my parents and I generally try to avoid the topic, but still say that I believe when it comes down to it.

It just does not feel worth it to tell them. Why ruin a great relationship with my parents over an issue of doctrines they have lived with for almost 4 decades. I will just continue to pretend since it does not bother me very much, and the love I have for my parents far out weighs anything I would gain by telling them the truth.

The fact that I am hiding it really gets to me sometimes, and right now is one of those times. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that is feeling the same pain.

Thanks for reading. cool
Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On May 23, 2022
kinggenesis:
It just does not feel worth it to tell them. Why ruin a great relationship with my parents over an issue of doctrines they have lived with for almost 4 decades. I will just continue to pretend since it does not bother me very much, and the love I have forage my parents far out weighs anything I would gain by telling them the truth.

The fact that I am hiding it really gets to me sometimes, and right now is one of those times. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that is feeling the same pain.
So you are not happy with the fake relationship you have going with your folks but you are too much of a coward to change things for good , so you are here looking for other cowards like you, in order to console yourself , is that it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Kingkyle1(m): 4:21am On May 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you are not happy with the fake relationship you have going with your folks but you are too much of a cowards to change things for good , so you are here looking for other cowards like you, in order to console yourself , is that it? undecided

Misery loves company.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On May 23, 2022
Kingkyle1:
Misery loves company.
lipsrsealed
Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by GboyegaD(m): 4:58am On May 23, 2022
You are worse than those who believe. If you want to believe, do; if you don't want to, don't.

The hypocrisy will lead you no where. If you love your parents and they love you, they would accept and respect your choice and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12am On May 23, 2022
GboyegaD:

You are worse than those who believe. If you want to believe, do; if you don't want to, don't.
The hypocrisy will lead you no where. If you love your parents and they love you, they would accept and respect your choice and vice versa.

What most people don't realize is that hypocrisy destroys the peace and security in any society faster than crime itself. Pretending you believe in something whereas you don't is evil on its own. The first time i heard that a religious group don't recite either the national anthem or pledge i became so furious to the point of planning to hurt anyone that belongs to such a religion.
Today i know better, how can honest hearted individuals pledged to be faithful, loyal and honest, and also serve a country with all their strength when the system is faulty? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Romanoff(f): 5:57am On May 23, 2022
So what or who do you now believe in?
Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by christm386: 6:36am On May 23, 2022
Not only u bro, I have to pretend in their presence too, but I can’t get my self to go to any church, I will rather dress up and leave the house

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by falcon01: 6:36am On May 23, 2022
Well, they might accept you for who you are and they might not. Indoctrination is a strong thing and you don't expect them to just snap out and accept you, No! Heck they would be very disappointed and feel like they've failed you. But since you say it doesn't bother you, just keep it that way and show them love as they've shown you, take care if them like they did to you and let peace reign Amigo.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On May 23, 2022
falcon01:
Well, they might accept you for who you are and they might not. Indoctrination is a strong thing and you don't expect them to just snap out and accept you, No! Heck they would be very disappointed and feel like they've failed you. But since you say it doesn't bother you, just keep it that way and show them love as they've shown you, take care if them like they did to you and let peace reign Amigo.
If it doesn't bother him then why do you think he came on here to talk about it? undecided
Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by falcon01: 2:32pm On May 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If it doesn't bother him then why do you think he came on here to talk about it? undecided
to see if there's someone like him

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by peterincredible: 3:49pm On May 23, 2022
kinggenesis:
I just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

I was raised in a very Christian home, my parents are both leaders of different departments of a massive church. I slowly went away from the the doctrines of the ministry. I keep this to myself because I love my parents so much, and they are so supportive and our relationship is great.

I still go to church when I'm at home with my parents and I generally try to avoid the topic, but still say that I believe when it comes down to it.

It just does not feel worth it to tell them. Why ruin a great relationship with my parents over an issue of doctrines they have lived with for almost 4 decades. I will just continue to pretend since it does not bother me very much, and the love I have for my parents far out weighs anything I would gain by telling them the truth.

Thanks for reading. cool
Bros for me i never really pretended I at first just stop going to church and when they asked me I told them am not going to church again what broke the camel back was when my dad entered my room and saw me meditating he told my mum Bros kon see wahala but I no stop dey just let me be

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Ayo081(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Today i know better, how can honest hearted individuals pledged to be faithful, loyal and honest, and also serve a country with all their strength when the system is faulty? undecided

You stopped being faithful to/serving her?
Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2022
Ayo081:

You stopped being faithful to/serving her?
Of course you can only serve where you know you're not going to loose completely but serving with all one's strength will be unwise! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Pretend To Still Be Christian For Their Parents Sake? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 23, 2022
You are smart and honest.
Though I was never Christian and I am not,we share something in common.
I am religious but not Godist.
I am Muslim in culture and feel proud of it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Would You Rather Forgive, A Denial Or A Betrayal? / If I Have Money, I’ll Buy Every Member Of My Church A Bulletproof Car — Suleman / Prophet Tells Members To Contribute N130k Each So He Can Buy A New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.