Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property (28969 Views)

$50bn Wiped Off Netflix’s Value As Subscribers Quit / TICAD7: Invest 5% Of $50bn Pledge On African Entrepreneurs, Elumelu Urges Japan / How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Raph82(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2022
frog12:
nigeria does not remember these people because nothing in their names still exists or shines
I think they named a popular street after him in Lagos, some foreign embassies are located there.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by naptu2: 4:26pm On May 23, 2022
frog12:
i don tell you. i only know him street name. even that name is no longer mentioned in advertisements again. the reason for these is they did not invent or manufacturer anything popular in their names. all of them, louis ojukwu, awolowo, mko abiola.

You are not everybody and it seems like you are just desperate to write something negative about him. You are saying that people don't know ouis ojukwu, awolowo, mko abiola, but here you are writing their names grin

You started out saying that Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony was governor of Lagos (implying that he was corrupt), when he wasn't even governor, then, when I corrected you, you said that nobody knows his name, which is laughable since everybody in Lagos knows Bank-Anthony Way.

Then you said that he didn't even invent anything, yet you referenced Michael Jackson, who didn't invent anything, and used him as an example of someone that people remember.

I bet after this you will create a new reason to hate him. I am done with this shifting the goalpost. You can write whatever you want, I am no longer going to read or respond to your posts.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by SocialJustice: 4:26pm On May 23, 2022
lessonotes:

Please na, Nigerian youths, haba; this man was not only an illustrious industrialist but also a philanthropist. Assets littered across four countries, it's definitely worth it. Besides most were gotten in the late 60s and 70s.
Oh please employ common sense. Nobody was worth that much from that era.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 4:28pm On May 23, 2022
wait. i used michael jackson as an example. try to understand the context. go and ask anyone born in 2000 who this man is and hear what they will say. i know these people because i am older

naptu2:

You are not everybody and it seems like you are just desperate to write something negative about him. You are saying that people don't know ouis ojukwu, awolowo, mko abiola, but here you are writing their names grin

You started out saying that Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony was governor of Lagos (implying that he was corrupt), when he wasn't even governor, then, when I corrected you, you said that nobody knows his name, which is laughable since everybody in Lagos knows Bank-Anthony Way.

Then you said that he didn't even invent anything, yet you referenced Michael Jackson, who didn't invent anything, and used him as an example of someone that people remember.

I bet after this you will create a new reason to hate him. I am done with this shifting the goalpost. You can write whatever you want, I am no longer going to read or respond to your posts.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Elibaba1: 4:33pm On May 23, 2022
carterguccy:
Yorubas get money and Dem no dey Shout grin

You must be tribe to every matter!
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 4:34pm On May 23, 2022
i can name myself on street.

Raph82:
I think they named a popular street after him in Lagos, some foreign embassies are located there.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Billyddude: 4:40pm On May 23, 2022
grin grin grin...my map keeps telling me turn left to .....mobolaji bank poosy way........ grin grin angry...was he a simp or red pill grin grin
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by slowice(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2022
Not adding up at all.... They probably mean 5b dollars.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Yankee101: 4:55pm On May 23, 2022
Tinubu loading
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 23, 2022
How did he get the money in the first place? Through ripping off people , so the favor is being returned.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by jcross19: 5:32pm On May 23, 2022
carterguccy:
Yorubas get money and Dem no dey Shout grin
audio money
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Obamaofusa: 5:35pm On May 23, 2022
naptu2:

He is one of those bad belle people.
Dont know what they gain in that type of attitude.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by TruthHurts100: 5:48pm On May 23, 2022
Czario:

Bode Thomas was quite young when he died don't confuse the two

Forgive me pls. I mistook them.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by jaxxy(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2022
quite shameful and criminal
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by jaxxy(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2022
frog12:
i don tell you. i only know him street name. even that name is no longer mentioned in advertisements again. the reason for these is they did not invent or manufacturer anything popular in their names. all of them, louis ojukwu, awolowo, mko abiola.

probably ure not yoruba or widely knowledgeable about important people in the history of lagos, southwest and nigeria.

The man is well know beyond the name of that street. I grew up hearing stories of who the man was when I was very little. He was very influential.

1 Like

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by akpumping7720(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2022
frog12:
what remains? tell us! you see their properties have become carcasses for fraudsters because the foundation is poor. him, mko abiola, louis ojukwu, awolowo, etc

Their Poor foundation contributes to transfer of generational wealth
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Vulcan24(m): 6:08pm On May 23, 2022
I was a beneficiary, my first employment was in Law Union & Rock
I was also a related party as at then( if you understand financial regulations)
Great man, RIP
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 6:11pm On May 23, 2022
heh. i am lost. abiola mansion is languishing with the bushes. concord press is no more. abiola babes no dey again. but I don't see any mobolaji bank anthony company anywhere. generational wealth to their children you mean?

akpumping7720:

Their Poor foundation contributes to transfer of generational wealth
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by FLYFIRE(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2022
lessonotes:
Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.” (NKJV)

This verse keeps our life goals, our vision and our legacy front and center when we're choosing how to use our money today.

Source: https://www.ramseysolutions.com/personal-growth/3-bible-verses-legacy
That is so true. Those stealing Nigeria BLIND forgets that "an evil man leaves CURSES to his children's children"
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 6:11pm On May 23, 2022
i am aware of him. his name was everywhere in the news but i don't see any legacy !

jaxxy:

probably ure not yoruba or widely knowledgeable about important people in the history of lagos, southwest and nigeria.

The man is well know beyond the name of that street. I grew up hearing stories of who the man was when I was very little. He was very influential.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by FLYFIRE(m): 6:14pm On May 23, 2022
jaxxy:

I agree with you...MBA was popular

1 Like

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Kingcalls: 6:18pm On May 23, 2022
davades:
E choke ! $50bn in 1991 !

No body in the world was worth that in 91
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 6:19pm On May 23, 2022
but where is his legacy?
no MICROSOFT, no HUAWEI, no UNILEVER. where is the legacy to remember him for? street name? I can give myself a streetname

FLYFIRE:

I agree with you...MBA was popular
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by jrusky(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2022
frog12:
dem no shout so people no go question the source of their wealth !

Another mistyarn filled with tribal hate. Pls I don't involve myself on any lousy peep ok.

Thanks. No offense pls face your side.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by frog12: 6:40pm On May 23, 2022
your point? if you no like my comment, SIGN OFF

jrusky:

Another mistyarn filled with tribal hate. Pls I don't involve myself on any lousy peep ok.

Thanks. No offense pls face your side.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by chaloskyx: 6:43pm On May 23, 2022
lol no be only 50bn dollars stop making false misleading stories do you know dangote is worth 11 billion dollars and he's Africa's richest believe me if he had 50b the world would have known just because he has bank by his name does not mean you have the right to inflate his net worth lol

1 Like

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 23, 2022
slowice:
Not adding up at all.... They probably mean 5b dollars.

If they meant $5b (adjusted for inflation in today's dollars), then Iragbiji Kingpin, Bola Tinubu, would be worth $50b.

Do you have any idea what $5b is?

No doubt Mobolaji Bank Anthony was one of the early birds with ruthless clarity of purpose and foresight who exploited the then numerous nascent opportunities (legal and extra-legal), including folks like Fajemirokun, Majekodunmi, Shonibare, Da Rocha, Sir Ojukwu, etc.). Men wey see road early when other people's grand fathers were still roaming about and groping in the dark in the bush. But claiming that his estate is worth billions of dollars is a laughable exaggeration.

I'd hazard a wild guess of something in the region of $200-300m at best.

3 Likes

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Bbbw: 6:53pm On May 23, 2022
Oh
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by masseratti: 6:59pm On May 23, 2022
[quote author=naptu2 post=113100466][/quote]thanks Naptu... Goc bless you more as you give us more history of this man... i remember he donated or his foundation rather, donated the lovely auditorium in law faculty UI.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 23, 2022
Some people are so confident stealing a dead man's property, falsifying documents like they are not going to die too... it is even worst when the fellow had worked with government, it is assumed without checks that it was all stolen ... Anyway good thing we shall all reincarnate back to Nigeria, and from my study of reincarnation you either reincarnate back to your family or to another family but most likely within the same geographical region very rarely outside the region ... bottom line make society conducive and enabling for everyone.
Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by 9gerian: 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
Not at all. It is a cultural thing.

They (Yorubas) don’t shout because it is considered a cultural wisdom to keep a low profile if you are rich in order to avoid unnecessary envy and antagonism that is known to accompany the boastful and proud.

A rich and boastful man is easily disrespected and easily antagonized in the Yoruba society and vice versa. This has helped to keep the society balanced.

frog12:
dem no shout so people no go question the source of their wealth !

Re: Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property by naptu2: 7:32pm On May 23, 2022
masseratti:
thanks Naptu... Goc bless you more as you give us more history of this man... i remember he donated or his foundation rather, donated the lovely auditorium in law faculty UI.

My pleasure bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Syndicate Selling New Naira Notes / ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.