Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far (608 Views)

Death Toll In German Floods Rises To 81 (Video) / Gaza: Israel Bombs 23 To Death In Single Air Strike / Death Toll In Gaza Jumps To 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 2:44pm On May 23, 2022
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said 87 people died in a Russian airstrike in the town of Desna last Tuesday, making it the biggest military death toll in a single strike since the war began on 24 February.

On the day it happened, a Russian military spokesman said high-precision, long-range missiles had hit Ukrainian reserves at a training centre near Desna, and at one other site.

The town is northeast of Kyiv, in the region of Chernihiv, and there are barracks and a training base nearby.

The Ukrainian president did not say whether the casualties were military or civilian.

"Today we completed work at Desna," Mr Zelenskyy said. "In Desna under the rubble there were 87 casualties, 87 corpses."

That number has not been independently verified.
In April, at least 52 people were killed at a railway station in the Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk.

https://news sky com/story/ukraine-news-live-public-dissatisfaction-predicted-in-russia-after-claim-they-have-lost-as-many-troops-as-in-nine-year-afghan-war-12541713

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala mukina2

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Hashabiah: 2:49pm On May 23, 2022
This news article doesn't say whether the casualties were civilians . This just goes to show that Ukraine and her people are being led by a man who is using emotions to win a war .

2 Likes

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2022
Hashabiah:
Zelensky is just a mòron who's using his people to garner empathy from the west .
no bro, Ukraine is winning ooo….it’s definitely soldiers, I’ve seen the news on Lord of war earlier today, what do you expect from western news wey Dey reports “avozstal soldiers” wey surrender as “end of mission…..

2 Likes

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 2:54pm On May 23, 2022
Hashabiah:
Even this news article doesn't even say whether the casualties were civilians . This just goes to show that Ukraine and her people are being led by a man who is using emotions to win a war .
here you go….

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Cubalabloo(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2022
You won't feel the pains, hence no member of your family is among the dead, or serving the infantry.

1 Like

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2022
Cubalabloo:
You won't feel the pains, hence no member of your family is among the dead, or serving the infantry.
his family dey live inside the bunker with him….

1 Like

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Nancy2020(f): 3:47pm On May 23, 2022
Ukraine hardly report it death toll.

So why the sudden change lol.
Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2022
Nancy2020:

Reality!!! my sister….. Propaganda no Dey win war….

1 Like

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Cubalabloo(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2022
Teazer4:
his family dey live inside the bunker with him….
I wonder what he has gained from the war so far.

1 Like

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 4:02pm On May 23, 2022
Cubalabloo:
I wonder what he has gained from the war so far.
if you ask me bro, I don’t know. I think na those western leaders still Dey push am, cos that dude based on my assessment from afar, e no resemble person wey like trouble, but when your masters talk say fire on, at the expense of his citizens….. he should ask for a change of location if they really want to defeat Russia, make he use the $40b rebuilt what’s left of Ukraine …
Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by gambojimeta: 4:03pm On May 23, 2022
True

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Cubalabloo(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2022
Teazer4:
if you ask me bro, I don’t know. I think na those western leaders still Dey push am, cos that dude based on my assessment from afar, e no resemble person wey like trouble, but when your masters talk say fire on, at the expense of his citizens….. he should ask for a change of location if they really want to defeat Russia, make he use the $40b rebuilt what’s left of Ukraine …
When the devil want to use you, you better say never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Teazer4(m): 4:06pm On May 23, 2022
Cubalabloo:
When the devil want to use you, you better say never!
dem no Dey telli person
Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by gambojimeta: 4:08pm On May 23, 2022
Nancy2020:

Perhaps, you have your head buried in sand like an Ostrich.

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by DerrickzB: 4:28pm On May 23, 2022
Frustration don make star boy zelensky dey give details by force!! grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Svlla: 5:05pm On May 23, 2022
Rule of thumb

If Zelensky say 85, then multiply it by 3 to get the actual figure grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87 Corpses Found In Town Of Desna - Biggest Death Toll In Single Strike So Far by Nancy2020(f): 5:13pm On May 23, 2022
Teazer4:
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said 87 people died in a Russian airstrike in the town of Desna last Tuesday, making it the biggest military death toll in a single strike since the war began on 24 February.

On the day it happened, a Russian military spokesman said high-precision, long-range missiles had hit Ukrainian reserves at a training centre near Desna, and at one other site.

The town is northeast of Kyiv, in the region of Chernihiv, and there are barracks and a training base nearby.

The Ukrainian president did not say whether the casualties were military or civilian.

"Today we completed work at Desna," Mr Zelenskyy said. "In Desna under the rubble there were 87 casualties, 87 corpses."

That number has not been independently verified.
In April, at least 52 people were killed at a railway station in the Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk.

https://news sky com/story/ukraine-news-live-public-dissatisfaction-predicted-in-russia-after-claim-they-have-lost-as-many-troops-as-in-nine-year-afghan-war-12541713

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala mukina2
beautiful news for Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

URGENT: Nuclear War (long Read) / Putin About To Control The World Energy Price, Master Class / WW3: USA Change Focus To China, Blackmail Americans After Russian Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.