Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill (475 Views)

Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / Mentally Ill Patients Released From A Psychiatric Hospital In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 3:42pm On May 23, 2022
Please nairalanders help me, the issue started last year.. my junior sister is about 15 years old, she started running round the house, jumping from one place to another..

She talks to herself and laugh about it, she can't seem to comprehend stuffs again.. sometimes she comes back to normal, but now it's getting severe..

I just need to know what's wrong with her and how we can treat it, we've gone to mental hospital in Benin, we've gone to different churches, herbalist, spent money yet nothing is changing..

It's hurt seeing my sister like this.. please nairalanders help..

Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by mymadam(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2022
Please take her back to a psychiatric hospital immediately. Yaba, Lagos or Aro, Abeokuta. She will be treated as an in-patient. Meanwhile, continue to have faith in the efficacy of your prayer. All the best sad

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 5:19pm On May 23, 2022
mymadam:
Please take her back to a psychiatric hospital immediately. Yaba, Lagos or Aro, Abeokuta. She will be treated as an in-patient. Meanwhile, continue to have faith in the efficacy of your prayer. All the best sad
thanks very much
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by oxygenator: 5:34pm On May 23, 2022
TheCeasar:
Please nairalanders help me, the issue started last year.. my junior sister is about 15 years old, she started running round the house, jumping from one place to another..

She talks to herself and laugh about it, she can't seem to comprehend stuffs again.. sometimes she comes back to normal, but now it's getting severe..

I just need to know what's wrong with her and how we can treat it, we've gone to mental hospital in Benin, we've gone to different churches, herbalist, spent money yet nothing is changing..

Mynd44 lalasticlala

If already she has visited a mental health doctor and her condition did not improve you need to go back to them and complain.

On the other hand some of these mental health patients will improve with hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot.

To have more info on how hbot can help go to our whataapp number or simply google: hbot for mental health.

HBOT PROVIDERS in Port Harcourt.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by suffering: 6:28pm On May 23, 2022
Take her to Yaba Left immediately. They will make her better with time. The longer you wait the worse things will become. This is not the time to hide her indoors based on shame regarding what neighbours will think.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by Charleys: 6:29pm On May 23, 2022
There's nothing wrong with your sister.
At the age of 12 children start talking alone, start living in their own world.
But your sister's own came late.

Just let her be, you're making a mountain out of nothing.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 7:53pm On May 23, 2022
suffering:
Take her to Yaba Left immediately. They will make her better with time. The longer you wait the worse things will become. This is not the time to hide her indoors based on shame regarding what neighbours will think.
the problem is we are in Benin city, not in Lagos.. we don't know anybody in Lagos
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 7:54pm On May 23, 2022
Charleys:

she's close to 16, most of her mates are writing jamb and waec planning to enter School while she's at home doing nothing but talks to herself.. it's not normal

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 7:54pm On May 23, 2022
oxygenator:

If already she has visited a mental health doctor and her condition did not improve you need to go back to them and complain.

On the other hand some of these mental health patients will improve with hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot.

To have more info on how hbot can help go to our whataapp number or simply google: hbot for mental health.

HBOT PROVIDERS in Port Harcourt.
I'll look into that
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by Originalsly: 9:06pm On May 23, 2022
Maybe she's stressed out. Was she studying too long and too hard? ... do you and other family members pressure her for not doing good at exams?... or demanding good grades at exams? ... was she using drugs and you don't know? Is she on any medication?... was she using drugs to sleep?... to study? Try and figure out when this began and the circumstances at the time.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 9:41pm On May 23, 2022
Originalsly:
Maybe she's stressed out. Was she studying too long and too hard? ... do you and other family members pressure her for not doing good at exams?... or demanding good grades at exams? ... was she using drugs and you don't know? Is she on any medication?... was she using drugs to sleep?... to study? Try and figure out when this began and the circumstances at the time.
she was not that smart in school, though she wasn't that pressure to do better..

I was thinking it's due to the heavy restrictions we placed on her, you know since she's a girl, she hardly went outside.. no movement at all.. from school to House, we picked her from school by car and drop her, everyday since she was born . She goes out once in a blue moon

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by Originalsly: 10:04pm On May 23, 2022
TheCeasar:

she was not that smart in school, though she wasn't that pressure to do better..

I was thinking it's due to the heavy restrictions we placed on her, you know since she's a girl, she hardly went outside.. no movement at all.. from school to House, we picked her from school by car and drop her, everyday since she was born . She goes out once in a blue moon

So you know that is likely the root of problem. FYI ... mental health problems in youths due to COVID-19 restrictions have increased tremendously.... not full lock down... simple restrictions. Now here is your sister... under restrictions from birth.... at 16 ... transitioning into adult hood.... the bird now has wings... but not allowed to fly... something has to give. Imagine... seeing kids playing.... gathering in groups... out strolling... having fun... and all she can do is watch. Free that girl.... take her out often.... start with to her best friend at school.... see her as a house pet to be released into the wild.... has to be stage by stage....bear in mind she will not be street smart.... can easily be deceived. I think eventually she will come around. Avoid having anyone prescribe drugs... that will make matters worse. Just my view.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by suffering: 10:09pm On May 23, 2022
TheCeasar:
the problem is we are in Benin city, not in Lagos.. we don't know anybody in Lagos
UBTH has a psychiatric quarter.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 10:51pm On May 23, 2022
Originalsly:

So you know that is likely the root of problem. FYI ... mental health problems in youths due to COVID-19 restrictions have increased tremendously.... not full lock down... simple restrictions. Now here is your sister... under restrictions from birth.... at 16 ... transitioning into adult hood.... the bird of has wings... but not allowed to fly... something has to give. Imagine... seeing kids playing.... gathering in groups... out strolling... having fun... and all she can do is watch. Free that girl.... take her out often.... start with to her best friend at school.... see her as a house pet to be released into the wild.... has to be stage by stage....bear in mind she will not be street smart.... can easily be deceived. I think eventually she will come around. Avoid having anyone prescribe drugs... that will make matters worse. Just my view.
wow didn't look at it from this angle, thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by gameova(m): 12:10pm On May 24, 2022
Lalasticlala front page pls
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by TheCeasar: 11:24am On May 25, 2022
I wish it just ends
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by AmancalledGod: 6:33pm On May 25, 2022
I feel your pain brother, just do those things that makes her happy..taking her out, believe me she will be fine.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by Mindlog: 7:11pm On May 25, 2022
TheCeasar:

Mynd44 lalasticlala

I guess it was the Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu that she was taken to. What diagnosis did the Psychiatrist give?

Any older relative either from your dad or mum's side, ever experienced what your sister is going through? I believe this was asked at the hospital when her Mental Status Examination was done
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill by Mindlog: 7:17pm On May 25, 2022
Charleys:

You are very wrong because there is certainly something wrong with her as just reading what the OP explained, she mosr likely meets the criteria for the diagnosis for a particular mental disorder going by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which is the basis for mental disorder diagnosis.

(1) (Reply)

End Hepatitis B,C In 2024 / What Is Your Favourite Form Of Exercise? / Handbags May Contain More Germs Than Average Toilet Flush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.