Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi (41425 Views)

Five APC Governors In Talks With Atiku - PDP / Tension In Tinubu Camp As Oyegun Says Only ‘youthful Aspirants’ Are Cleared / Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by dre11(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2022
"This is a season of visits and states keep receiving us. The list of presidential aspirants says there are 23 but only five of us are going around the country. With this, you can separate the pretenders from the contenders."

Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has said there are more pretenders in the race for the presidential ticket of the APC than contenders.

He said out of the 23 persons currently in the race, only about five of them are serious in the quest to clinch the ticket of the ruling party.

He did not, however, name the five aspirants.

Mr Fayemi said this while soliciting the support of the delegates from Niger State during a visit to the state on Sunday.

The APC presidential primary election will hold on May 29 and 30. The party is yet to decide on the date for screening of the presidential aspirants, after postponing the exercise indefinitely.

In a statement released by the spokesperson of the Fayemi Presidential Campaign Organisation, Femi Ige, the Ekiti State governor said the level of seriousness is determined by the ability of the aspirants to move across the country.

“This is a season of visits and states keep receiving us. The list of presidential aspirants says there are 23 but only five of us are going around the country. With this, you can separate the pretenders from the contenders,” he said.

While 25 aspirants returned their nomination forms, very few of the aspirants have been moving around the country. Some of the aspirants who have been visiting states include the former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, the former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, the Senate President Ahmad Lawan and Mr Fayemi.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva and the President of Africa Development Bank, Akinwumi Adeshina, have all opted out of the race.

Speaking to the delegates, Mr Fayemi asked the delegates to take a bet on him, as he promised to remake Nigeria without unmaking it.

“I am ready for the job. I want you to take a bet on me and you will have no cause to regret. I can remake Nigeria without unmaking it. I believe in Project Nigeria and that Nigeria is worth fighting for and together we can regain the lost glory of Nigeria”, he said.

He promised to tackle the insecurity currently ravaging the country.

Niger State is one of the states currently battling banditry and has experienced multiple mass abductions in the last three years.

Last year, several students were abducted in Tegina, a community in Rafi Local Government of the state. Earlier in the year, the governor of the state, Sani Bello, raised the alarm that at least 220 people have been either killed or kidnapped in attacks on about 300 communities in Niger State this year.

Receiving Mr Fayemi in his office in Minna, Mr Bello described the Ekiti State governor as a friend of the State, noting that if he was in a position to appoint someone president, he would pick Mr Fayemi.

Mr Bello said: “You have been here at least three or four times before now. You have been a close friend to Niger state. It is not now that there is a need for support that people are coming.

“Only five or six people have been to the state but you can count on my support. If you become president, I will relax because I know I will have easy access to you. In fact, if I have my way I will appoint you as the next President after President Muhammadu Buhari.”

Mr Fayemi, who is the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, has been focusing his campaign on security and on several occasions referred to his educational background in war studies.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/531912-2023-only-five-apc-presidential-aspirants-are-serious-fayemi.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Xscape1993(m): 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
Serious to loot I guess...APC that will very soon go into extinction.....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by JosephXavier: 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
We don't care if they're serious or not

On Peter Obi's mandate we stand

Anywhere he goes, we will go

There is a move to merge NNPP, ADP,PRP, SDM, APM into labour party and hand him the ticket of Labour party and make Kwankwaso his running mate if PDP refuses to field him

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
#TEAMSTARBOYANDZULUM come 2023

165 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Mickykarim: 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
WHERE HAS HE VISITED, ALSO.

He is right about bounds of JOKERS. The category which he falls into.

A pot calling the kettle black. Fayemi should stop wasting his time and redirect his energy into something else, something productive. He is not going to make the presidency of Nigeria. He does not posses what it takes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21pm On May 23, 2022
For those with JAGABAN OF AFRICA,
Una head dey there also... because.....

STARBOY and ZULUM / JAGABAN,
Whoever the party field will win PDP before 11am on election day.
Know this, Know peace ✌️

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by slawormiir: 7:22pm On May 23, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Yemi the mere house boy in aso rock and Tinubu are serious

But I can bet my balls they can never rule us

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by lawnreigh(m): 7:22pm On May 23, 2022
You politicians are all the same, y'all fighting for your pocket, both the so-called Contenders and Pretenders. Tueh

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Viraltrends123: 7:22pm On May 23, 2022
tbbt15:
Nigerians must get sense by fire by force or perish...
And who told you you are wise. Yeyeyen yeyeyen by fire yeyen. From your bedroom.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by inoki247: 7:22pm On May 23, 2022
lol we know some of dem dey use am negotiate slot ni wen the right person enta....
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by bigdammyj: 7:22pm On May 23, 2022
Noted
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by RaptObserver: 7:23pm On May 23, 2022
No be mess wey loud pass dey smell pass o. Fayemi calm down.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On May 23, 2022
Mickykarim:
WHERE HAS HE VISITED, ALSO.

He is right about bounds of JOKERS. The category which he falls into.

A pot calling the kettle black. Fayemi should stop wasting his time and redirect his energy into something else, something productive. He is not going to make the presidency of Nigeria. He does not posses what it takes.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by AfonjaNaBastard(f): 7:23pm On May 23, 2022
post=113108136:
These 2

SHUT UP THERE!!!

ALWAYS SAYING RUBBISH

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by AzuNas: 7:23pm On May 23, 2022
Alright. . . . . . . Aje

Atleast you dey among the pretenders for PDP.

Abeg
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Woleobi: 7:23pm On May 23, 2022
They are actually only four serious candidates: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Lawan and Amaechi. Fayemi himself is not serious and he knows it. grin

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by AbuAeesha: 7:24pm On May 23, 2022
na their own wahala be dat
All of them should get out!!
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Dailymice: 7:24pm On May 23, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by oka4ugoo: 7:24pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerians are creative.

Whoever coined the word "Thiefunbu" deserves an award. Last last that man na thief grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by somehow: 7:24pm On May 23, 2022
Only 3 remains serious contenders.

Osinbajo
Amechi
Tinubu

The rest are time wasters.

I wrote Osi. bajo, who on earth is changing it to Osinbajo?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Bigfish121(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2022
Amaechi is the choosen one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:25pm On May 23, 2022
Deji and MumuReno don finish the lives of their brainwashed cannibals sha grin cheesy wink

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by sogodihno: 7:25pm On May 23, 2022
Bigfish121:
Amaechi is the choosen one.

Amaechi that can't win his state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by Zico5(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2022
Mark my words, only one person is running the race. Others are just pretender. Tinubu is the only aspirant that's accepted nationwide. The reception towards him show he will beat other contestants hands down. Even the Osinbajo as the vice president is no match to him in any way. That's why they are running after consensus candidate.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by abobote: 7:25pm On May 23, 2022
Is only 3
Ameachi, Tinubu and Osibanjo
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by ekukeku(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2022
All of u r just using 100m to oppress Nigerians
U r all telling us dat 100m is nothing to u guys but w all know dat b4, u r only oppressing ur self
To hell with all of u

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by STEWpid(f): 7:26pm On May 23, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by JovialJune(f): 7:26pm On May 23, 2022
And you are not one of them.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by ZombieTAMER: 7:27pm On May 23, 2022
undecided

Tinubu is not serious

An old certified thief running for president...

that's a joke
Re: 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi by abobote: 7:27pm On May 23, 2022
post=113108229:
Deji and MumuReno don finish the lives of their brainwashed cannibals sha grin cheesy wink
You don't even have direction

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Station At Ariara International Market Aba On Fire / President Tinubu Redeploys Oyetola, Tunji-Ojo, Abubakar Momoh, Others / Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.