Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) (529 Views)

Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen / APC Or Labour Party Presidency, A Threat To Nigeria's Unity - Harry Ariko / El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by ScamHunter: 12:31am On May 24, 2022
I feel like seeking the opinion of enlightened people on what I perceive about the candidate, Peter Obi. My main reason for opening this thread is to understand a few things. One is, is Peter Obi actually capable? The question sounds simple but here's what I mean:

China lifted millions of its working class out of poverty without following "due process" if you know what I mean. The same has happened among the Asian Tigers. Do you think any black country has what it takes to accomplish that through a man with the vision? If Peter Obi has the vision, does he have the will?

I'm marginally rendering a comment I made in another post:

The question I want to ask is, has any African country gotten it right in the real sense of the word. What makes you dream that Nigeria is capable of getting it right? Don't you think that there are powers that make it impossible for the blacks to do the right thing? You can't help thinking something is wrong with most black people.
For instance, the first African leader I've studied that had what it takes to make his country truly great and independent like China was Thomas Sankara. Patrice Lumumba too was close but not like Sankara. Now I'm seeing Obi (a low-budget Sankara) since I'm yet to be convinced that he has the Sankara will to stand up to the West like China and Singapore did. So what makes you think Obi isn't all talk?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Faber(m): 2:19am On May 24, 2022
grin grin
Am sorry you will not get anything meaningful from majority of comments here.

They will invade here with tribal sentiments, Nigerians have been beclouded by suffering that they don't even care about a better life again. That's the sad reality.

The first question is, is Nigeria truly free? If Nigeria is free and the person in Aso takes decisions without external influence, then Peter Obi's visit to the UK is just a political pilgrimage.

On the other hand, if Nigeria is been controlled by the UK and policed by the US, then they are about to make a change of government that will shock many people.

Of all the countries, that were colonized by the Bristish it is only Nigeria that is still crawling while the others are walking and running. The Great Britain prides herself in breeding powerful Nations and regional powers.

Look at US and Canada in the American Continent
Look at Australia and New Zealand in Oceania
Look at Israel and Egypt in the middle East
Look at India, UAE. Britain ruled UAE for 75 years.
Look at South Africa and Ghana.

Britain wanted Nigeria to be the most powerful and influential nation in the entire Africa, but those they handed power over chose illiteracy over education, nepotism over equity, terrorism over humanity. Nigeria they so much loved have become a failed state. And will slipping into the hands of China as the government keep taking loans from China. China will continue to lend Nigeria money till they begin to seize the key assets of the country as Nigeria will one day default on these Chinese loans. When this happens, Britain will loose Nigeria to China forever.

If Britain truly calls the shots in Nigeria, which I think is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Then they are about to make a change of government to save Nigeria their creation.

In terms of will power. My brother, Peter Obi is a gentle man to the core. But he is a no nonsense man with power. He killed lots of Biafran agitators and dumped their corpses in a river during his time as Anambra governor, what he will do to terrorists will shock many.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Multiplier7(m): 2:21am On May 24, 2022
He has what it takes...no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by PoliteActivist: 2:53am On May 24, 2022
Nigeria needs someone who will tame the profligate excesses and expenses of our ruling class. Obi can do it because he'd be willing to lead by example. Won't be surprised if he bans going overseas for medical check up - something Nigerians now regard as normal

3 Likes

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Nebulax: 6:00am On May 24, 2022
Even though PO has what it takes to be Nigeria president but there are so many odds against him. Considering the electoral law Buhari refused to sign, SE has the lowest delegates from all the regions
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Penguin2: 6:22am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:
I feel like seeking the opinion of enlightened people on what I perceive about the candidate, Peter Obi. My main reason for opening this thread is to understand a few things. One is, is Peter Obi actually capable? The question sounds simple but here's what I mean:

China lifted millions of its working class out of poverty without following "due process" if you know what I mean. The same has happened among the Asian Tigers. Do you think any black country has what it takes to accomplish that through a man with the vision? If Peter Obi has the vision, does he have the will?

You just mentioned that China and Asian Tigers lifted millions of their people out poverty…

But I can bet my early morning yellowish urine that before the advent of Peter Obi into the Nigerian Political space, you didn’t know about this.

It is Peter Obi who has constantly drawn comparisons between China, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria.

And he tells you the reason for the comparison is simple, that these countries have huge population living in poverty.

Now, he tells how China, India and Bangladesh lifted millions of their people out of poverty through support for SMEs and not through 10k Tradermoni that cannot even be enough for transportation to purchase your goods.

To lift someone out of poverty, you need to give him seed capital for his small business. Seed capital running to millions, enough to start the business and then give him so tax incentives especially in the early days of the business to allow him grow. I learnt all these listening to Peter Obi.

Now, about the will to do it… what will do you need?

It’s not as if you are going to harm anybody by supporting SMEs. So, what’s the talk about will? Or are you telling me touts and political godfathers are going to say deploy their boys against giving capitals to SMEs or giving tax incentives to them? It doesn’t require will, just the knowledge.

5 Likes

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Penguin2: 6:28am On May 24, 2022
Faber:
grin grin

They will invade here with tribal sentiments, Nigerians have been beclouded by suffering that they don't even care about a better life again. That's the sad reality.

The first question is, is Nigeria truly free? If Nigeria is free and the person in Aso takes decisions without external influence, then Peter Obi's visit to the UK is just a political pilgrimage.

On the other hand, if Nigeria is been controlled by the UK and policed by the US, then they are about to make a change of government that will shock many people.

Of all the countries, that were colonized by the Bristish it is only Nigeria that is still crawling while the others are walking and running. The Great Britain prides herself in breeding powerful Nations and regional powers.

Britain wanted Nigeria to be the most powerful and influential nation in the entire Africa, but those they handed power over chose illiteracy over education, nepotism over equity, terrorism over humanity. Nigeria they so much loved have become a failed state. And will slipping into the hands of China as the government keep taking loans from China. China will continue to lend Nigeria money till they begin to seize the key assets of the country as Nigeria will one day default on these Chinese loans. When this happens, Britain will loose Nigeria to China forever.

If Britain truly calls the shots in Nigeria, which I think is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Then they are about to make a change of government to save Nigeria their creation.

In terms of will power. My brother, Peter Obi is a gentle man to the core. But he is a no nonsense man with power. He killed lots of Biafran agitators and dumped their corpses in a river during his time as Anambra governor, what he will do to terrorists will shock many.

Lol

I’m replying just to your last paragraph…

You I have always laughed when people tend to underestimate Peter Obi’s will power.

Somebody that eradicated touts from Upper Iweka and fought Anambra Godfathers to a standstill, but people think it’s by being razz and shouting everywhere that demonstrates you are tough.

2 Likes

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by gidgiddy: 6:39am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

This question you are asking, which Nigerian President has managed to make Nigeria better? Each one is leaving Nigeria worse than he met it.

For me, I think that if Peter Obi becomes President, his administration will be an absolute disaster, not because he is not capable, but because he is an Igbo man

His government will be sabotaged from day one by those who cannot sleep at Night knowing that an Igbo man is in Aso Rock. Everything Peter Obi will do will be looked at through ethnic lens. If he coughs, thry will say he is coughing for Igbos.

They will do everything they can to bring him down and wreck everything he does. His government will br labelled an "Igbo government"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by ScamHunter: 6:52am On May 24, 2022
Penguin2:

You just mentioned that China and Asian Tigers lifted millions of their people out poverty…

But I can bet my early morning yellowish urine that before the advent of Peter Obi into the Nigerian Political space, you didn’t know about this.

It is Peter Obi who has constantly drawn comparisons between China, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria.

And he tells you the reason for the comparison is simple, that these countries have huge population living in poverty.

Now, he tells how China, India and Bangladesh lifted millions of their people out of poverty through support for SMEs and not through 10k Tradermoni that cannot even be enough for transportation to purchase your goods.

To lift someone out of poverty, you need to give him seed capital for his small business. Seed capital running to millions, enough to start the business and then give him so tax incentives especially in the early days of the business to allow him grow. I learnt all these listening to Peter Obi.

Now, about the will to do it… what will do you need?

It’s not as if you are going to harm anybody by supporting SMEs. So, what’s the talk about will? Or are you telling me touts and political godfathers are going to say deploy their boys against giving capitals to SMEs or giving tax incentives to them? It doesn’t require will, just the knowledge.

Funny... You Nigerians actually view the world through your substandard education. What made you think Peter Obi opened my eyes the way he opened yours? Anyway, I'll let this slide.
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by lonecatt(m): 7:01am On May 24, 2022
gidgiddy:

This question you are asking, which Nigerian President has managed to make Nigeria better? Each one is leaving Nigeria worse than he met it.

For me, I think that if Peter Obi becomes President, his administration will be an absolute disaster, not because he is not capable, but because he is an Igbo man

His government will be sabotaged from day one by those who cannot sleep at Night knowing that an Igbo man is in Aso Rock. Everything Peter Obi will do will be looked at through ethnic lens. If he coughs, thry will say he is coughing for Igbos.

They will do everything they can to bring him down and wreck everything he does. His government will br labelled an "Igbo government"
Buhari have been doing the wrong thing , people have been talking, cursing and some even wailing yet it has not stopped him from continuing.

In life whatever you do people nust talk . if peter obi comes on board it is not the people that come against him that is the problem, it is people like you and his supporters that is needed to stand firm and give hime support but from your words people like you will even join to pull him down yet you are seeking biafra. Is it not people like you,ne ,peter obi and the rest that will make biafra? is it angels from heaven that will come and for biafra? Or you think by setting up unknown gunmen and other criminal groups you can for a loyal biafra nation?big No ,you will only end up creating more terror groups with different ideology just like we have in the north now,boko haram,iswap , bandits etc because everyone must survive. if you terrorise me with unknown gunmen today to bow to your own warped ideology,i and my friends who have different ideology will set up our own groups to defend ourselves and push our own ideology.that is what is happening in the north today yet you claim to be educated but cannot learn.

despite buhari's failings and weakness there are igbo brothers who defend him day and night and can even stick out their head for him and tell you he is the best thing after agege bread.
Peter Obi is our own , let us support him with every strength in us . not just because he is igbo but because we believe in him and not all this kind of discouraging words your likes use in confusing the feeble minded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Faber(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2022
Penguin2:

Lol

I’m replying just to your last paragraph…

You I have always laughed when people tend to underestimate Peter Obi’s will power.

Somebody that eradicated touts from Upper Iweka and fought Anambra Godfathers to a standstill, but people think it’s by being razz and shouting everywhere that demonstrates you are tough.

My brother Peter Obi dey very very sly, cunning and brutal. Once he gets PDP presidential ticket. He is Nigeria's next President. No amount of rigging will stop him. The same thing the West did to GEJ is what they will do to APC. Hand over to Peter Obi or we break Nigeria, as una no want get sense rule Nigeria well.

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by maestroferddi: 7:13am On May 24, 2022
Peter Obi is not a perfect human being.

Having said that, I still believe he has all it takes to fix Nigeria for good and put her on the path to progress and posperity.

It is NOT about noise-making. Peter Obi has maintained discipline in his speeches and engagements on what he wants to do.

A man who has traversed the world from his pocket for more than 10 years understudying economies and development strategies should not be trifled with.

Peter Obi is the only man ready for the job if we are being honest to ourselves.

Let's put tribalism and pettiness aside and take this leap of faith so that posterity will remember us in a positive light.

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Okoroawusa: 7:15am On May 24, 2022
Peter Obi is really spending money on media and publicity. Some media guys are really cashing out with the recent formation of Obi Media Crew.

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by ScamHunter: 7:34am On May 24, 2022
[quote author=Faber post=113115215] grin grin
I agree with you. I just wanted to try knowing that I've seen intelligent comments sprinkled here and there as exemplified by yours. Someone already told me how I was ignorant before Peter Obi, not knowing that I can barely recall listening to the man even once. What little I know about him are what I read here. As you're aware, Nairaland is dumping ground without sensible moderators, unlike Quora, where you go to if you're searching for people who are using their senses. I think the Nigerian system of incompetence is reflected here.

I doubt Nigeria is independent. I also doubt that Britain wanted Nigeria to be great. If they did, the colonial government wouldn't have amalgamated the two protectorates. Even if they did, prior to independence, they would have done exactly what they did for the Indian sub continent, knowing that oil and what cannot mix. You know that despite being separated by the British, India and Pakistan still fought wars after independence. Imagine how it would have been if they were a country.

Britain doesn't care about black nations. I assure you that. Did they not invite Buhari prior 2015 election? I'm sure they're aware that he'll be a dismal failure. Were they not the ones that rigged the census in favour of the north? And rigged out Awolowo, who was the most competent premier for the post of prime minister?
What of Aminu Kano, who was loved by the Talakawas? Why did he lose the election to a less popular Tafawa Balewa?

Britain instigated the failure of the first revolution by tagging it Igbo coup because they never wanted power in the hands of people who won't dance to their tunes. Since then, they've been stealing the country dry because, to them, this country is just a ware house. It's all about the resources in it and less about the people.

Britain fought Biafra because they didn't want Russia to become the dominant power in West Africa and be the ones stealing the oil. To fulfil the traditional whiteman's greed, anyone ruling in Nigeria must be foolish enough to dance to the whiteman's whims.

I agree. Especially if they are afraid of losing the country to China. The question is: will Obi play ball and stand against the China he wants to emulate while continuing as British puppet?

Is there evidence that he did this?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by maestroferddi: 7:36am On May 24, 2022
gidgiddy:

You are pathetically wrong....

Peter Obi is determined and that will in no time transform traducers to supporters.

It is like the Igbos whose business and commercial prowess is of global renown...

Does it mean that Igbo businessmen and other determined Nigerians do not encounter seemingly insurmountable obstacles in their business pursuits?

You know the answer that despite stultifying business environment and disincentives, these men still come good.

The problem of Nigeria is traceable to leadership failure: As soon as Nigerians see a demonstrable commitment from a transformative leader, I can wager that the would fall in line and consign the obnoxious political class to where they should be..
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Penguin2: 7:37am On May 24, 2022
Faber:

My brother Peter Obi dey very very sly, cunning and brutal. Once he gets PDP presidential ticket. He is Nigeria's next President. No amount of rigging will stop him. The same thing the West did to GEJ is what they will do to APC. Hand over to Peter Obi or we break Nigeria, as una no want get sense rule Nigeria well.
Obi is everything Nigeria needs.

Intelligent

An entrepreneur

Expert knowledge of the economy

Cosmopolitan

Frugal

Brutal

Vibrant

If Obi doesn’t become president, na Nigeria lose no be him.
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Penguin2: 7:42am On May 24, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Peter Obi is really spending money on media and publicity. Some media guys are really cashing out with the recent formation of Obi Media Crew.

I can bet my early morning yellowish urine that 99.9 percent of those you see campaigning for Obi online were not given shishi.

Not everyone is like Tinubu urchins and brainless zombies who would sell their conscience for stipends and do not care what becomes of Nigeria.
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by ScamHunter: 7:44am On May 24, 2022
gidgiddy:

This is actually another important viewpoint. Igbo are held at a higher standard than other tribes in Nigeria. We can remember what they did to Jonathan, who isn't even Igbo becaue he surrounded himself with Igbos. We can now compare to how the same people are tolerating worse performance from Buhari and even cheering him on. This is one of the reasons why I do not think Obi stands much of a chance at success too. Shouldn't the routine politicians continue until the country is down and people come to their senses?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Reality3080: 7:44am On May 24, 2022
Faber:
grin grin

u have said a lot n have said nothing

Have u forgotten he threatened to resign over insecurity in his state when he was governor?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Reality3080: 7:46am On May 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Nigeria needs someone who will tame the profligate excesses and expenses of our ruling class. Obi can do it because he'd be willing to lead by example. Won't be surprised if he bans going overseas for medical check up - something Nigerians now regard as normal
can obi handle the cabals?
The same person that doesn’t have d mind to condemn ipob is d same person who will control boko haram n it’s financiers?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Faber(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
u have said a lot n have said nothing

Have u forgotten he threatened to resign over insecurity in his state when he was governor?

Will attacking Obi get Yoruba's Presidency... grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Reality3080: 7:53am On May 24, 2022
Faber:

Will attacking Obi get Yoruba's Presidency... grin grin
your trademark is insult so I am not surprised

By this time next week your eye go don clear
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by Faber(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
your trademark is insult so I am not surprised

By this time next week your eye go don clear

https://www.nairaland.com/6933895/attacking-tinubu-get-igbos-presidency.

Who created this thread? I made that post as a counter to your useless thread on Igbos and Tinubu.

Deal with your foolery

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by PoliteActivist: 10:29am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
The same person that doesn’t have d mind to condemn ipob is d same person who will control boko haram n it’s financiers?

He did deal with IPOB. But he doesn't have to condemn anything. The Nigerian presidency happens to be foolishly extremely powerful. All he has to do is make it unfashionable to go overseas for medicals by prohibiting all ministers, police, army, customs, etc from doing so
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by pricklewane: 10:46am On May 24, 2022
How many people did the Pandora criminal lift from poverty in his 8 years of looting Anambra state fund into his daughter's Pandora account ?
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by CanadaOrBust: 12:29pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

You don’t understand how ridiculously powerful Nigeria made their president. The only thing the cabal can do is PREVENT him becoming president. If he becomes president cabal is powerless - unless they stage a coup!
Re: The Impact Of A Peter Obi Presidency (A Discourse) by CanadaOrBust: 2:49pm On May 24, 2022
pricklewane:
How many people did the Pandora criminal lift from poverty in his 8 years of looting Anambra state fund into his daughter's Pandora account ?

Poor guy, going thread to thread slandering and shouting pandora, and it’s having absolutely no effect.
Unfortunately for you people know real when they see it.

See your most recent topics and posts:

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Picks Senate Ticket As Senator Alimikhena Dumps APC / Tinubu Or Osinbajo Stand A Good Chance Against Atiku / Tinubu Never "Made" Anyone President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.