Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

God's Greatest Concern! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Greatest Concern! (163 Views)

Female Energy, Female Power: Lessons From God's Greatest Gift To Man / What Is God’s Greatest Gift To Man? / FG Suspends Adeboye’s Helicopter From Flying Over Expired Papers, Safety Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Greatest Concern! by topshore(f): 10:07am On May 24, 2022
Scripture Text: Mathew 10:34-39

Calvary greetings to you brethren in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's a great privilege to be alive today and thank the Lord for the work of His grace in our lives.

Today, we will be looking at what God's greatest concern is. That is, what is the greatest thing that is in the heartbeat of God and is expected of us to do to please Him as His Children.

In our today's Scripture text, it is written: "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me"- Mathew 10:37.

What Christ is trying to tell us here is that He is our Priority. God- the Father, Christ- the Son, and the Third God Head- Holy Spirit, all One God should be our top priority in life over any other person or thing we hold dear on in high esteem. Anything that takes over the first position of God in a man's life has become an idol and makes him unworthy before Christ Jesus. If you love your father or mother more than Christ, you are unworthy. If you love your son or daughter more than Christ, you are unworthy, if you love your husband or wife more than Christ, you are unworthy. If you love your life, money, business, job, successes, ambitions, dreams and et al more than Christ, you are unworthy.

However, the greatest concern of God is found in Mathew 9: 37-38.

"The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest"- Mathew 9:37-38 KJV.

From the above Scripture what does God expects of us or what is Christ telling us to do?

1. There is plenty of harvest but very few workers. Harvest here means lost souls that need to be won for Christ to expand the Kingdom of God. But there are no workers in God's vineyard to harvest these souls for Him. So, the greatest concern of God here is for you and I to make ourselves available in totality and make God's heartbeat our top priority by registering in His Vineyard to work for Him and harvest these lost souls. After all, we and all things were all created by God to give Him pleasure, why are we the unavailable for Him? What is the essence of our being on earth if God's concern is not our priority?

2. Another thing that is God's concern is for us to seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness. We don't have to be seeking for money, fame, children, success, etc. first before God. What God needs us to put before us first are not all these worldly things- that would eventually be eaten by moth or destroyed by fire at the end- but He wants us to seek His "Righteousness" and "Kingdom- Heaven"- Mathew 6:33. Only when we seek first what is of God's great concern that He Himself will arise to supply us everything we need without us struggling or toiling hard day and night before getting it. He will supply our needs with supernatural ease and will bless us without any sorrow added.

3. Mission is another greatest concern of God. Going on mission for Christ is the heartbeat of God. Mathew 28:19-20 tells us about the Greatest Commission. " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen". -KJV
Someone has to go on this mission for Christ. Someone has to send them. If you can't go, you can send people to go. You can invest your money for the mission if you cannot invest your time. Your money go a long way to help those who want to invest their time for the mission of Christ. You can buy Bibles, Christian Books, contribute towards the establishment of a Church Branch where the children of God can fellowship, especially some remote areas that do not have any presence yet. There wouldn't have been any church in Africa after all, if there was no mission carried out by the earliest missionaries from the West. There are still some countries and areas that need Christ presence. They too must know Christ through us and enjoy the privileges of God.

4. Evangelism: This is one of God's greatest concern to show us as His true disciple. We should be fishers of men to God's Kingdom wherever we are and harvest souls for Christ. We must be Kingdom Seekers, Kingdom Builders, Ambassadors for Christ wherever we may be. We may not all go on a mission or be missionaries but we must all be evangelists of Christ through the different gifts of the Spirit God Has put in us. Above all, our lives, word, conduct, act, motive, action, character, appearance, emotion, relationship, affection, fellowship, home, family, church and society at large must be channels of evangelism and epistles of Christ to win lost souls to Christ.

Albeit, no one can satisfy God's greatest concern except by the help of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not dwell in a sinful heart. He only dwells in a heart where Christ resides. Our heart can only receive sanctification through the Blood of Jesus. To enjoy this cleansing, holiness, righteousness and the Spirit of God, we must be born again and accept Christ as our Lord and personal Saviour.

So, if you are reading this and your heart desires to please God and carry out His great concern but you need help to be free from sin. No worries! It's very simple. What you need you do is to only give your life to Christ by saying this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray. Amen!"

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.K Olukoya Message- "The Greatest Heaven Lamentation"

(1) (Reply)

When You Die! (6) / Get The Interpretation Of Your Dreams / True Peace: The Source.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.