Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (3) (142 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (3) by SonofIssachar: 6:18pm On May 24, 2022
Below is a conclusion of the series on how to help a wounded Christian

(4) You service the covenant of Brotherhood

The phrase “one another” or “each other” is used over 50 times in the New Testament.

In Christian brotherhood, you are bound by a covenant that is sealed with the blood of Jesus. By this covenant, you vow – before God, before the hosts of heaven, and before the Saints on earth – to love, to hold, to cherish, to nourish, and to care for your brother and sister, even at your own loss, at your own inconvenience, and at your own detriment. By this covenant, you pledge your total allegiance – not only to the King – but also to the King’s subjects: The Brotherhood.

The covenant of ‘Brotherhood’ compels you to help a brother or a sister who is wounded in battle. Duty demands it. You can’t do otherwise. If you do otherwise, you trample the treaty you signed under your feet. That’s a grave offence. And our Defence Headquarters will respond appropriately.

(5) You work ‘Relational Accountability.’

I call ‘bearing the stretcher’ relational accountability. Your disposition to reviving a wounded or a fallen Christian is an expression of your Christian maturity. Pampers-wearing Christians just watch when they see people fall. They do nothing. But bone-cracking, mature Christians go for the rescue.

ALSO READ The Truck Driver and the Mental Patient

It is relational accountability that prevents you from forming a clique and making a fallen Christian a big item on your gossip agenda. It is relational accountability that disallows you from blurting out in brazen callousness in your prayer meeting, ‘‘I knew s/he would fall.’’

Relational accountability will cause your heart to break at the immediate effect of the fall of fellow Christians here and now, as well as the ultimate cost of their eternal rewards should they die without being restored. I’m trembling as I write this because I’m guilty. I bow my head in shame. Oh God, break my callous heart! Oh God, break our callous hearts!

— By Bryce Edem

Meditation: We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. – Romans 15:1

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (1)
5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (2)
Father, Give Me My Share of the Estate

https://daily-dew.com/5-reasons-you-should-help-a-fallen-christian-3/
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Help A Fallen Christian (3) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2022
there must be something seriously wrong with your mindset when you are focussing on helping xtians, while you should be helping ANY FALLEN HUMAN, regardless of their religious status, gender, lifestyle etc

(1) (Reply)

Apply For An Empowerment Organised By Kingsdome , Access Bank, Jiji & Jobberman / Grace Lokwa Set To Release New Album / Must Watch, The Only Woman Who Thought The World About Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.