Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike (2381 Views)

Primary School Pupils In Osun Protest Against Lingering ASUU Strike (Video) / FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Reporter2020: 12:33am On May 25, 2022
The Federal Government has promised to pay about N34billion minimum wage arrears Consequential Adjustments in the education sector effective from 2019.

NAN reports that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige, said that this was aimed at resolving the lingering crisis in the sector.

Ngige made this known while speaking with newsmen on the prolonged strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), and others on Tuesday in Abuja.

Ngige said that the beneficiaries of the Minimum Wage Consequential Adjustments included the members of the striking ASUU and their counterparts in the polytechnics and Colleges of Education.

According to Ngige, the universities will get N23.5 billion, the polytechnics N6 billion and the Colleges of Education N4 billion, bringing the total sum to N33.5 billion.

The minister, while giving an update on the ongoing strike, said committees were set up during the last tripartite meeting of the government and university based unions.

He said they were given a fortnight to turn in their report, adding they were still working and the reports of the committees were being expected at the end of the week.

The minister therefore, appealed to ASUU and other university-based unions once more to suspend their strike so that academic activities could resume once again in public universities across the country

Source : http://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/05/ASUU-strike-nigeria-government-agrees.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by DEXTROVERT: 1:02am On May 25, 2022
toor
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Dreal1247: 1:18am On May 25, 2022
If you as a minister can obtain the expression of interest form at one hundred million Naira, it illogical for even a hundred billion Naira to be a problem for a national body of workers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Shineoneday: 5:14am On May 25, 2022
Abeg whatever they are doing let them do it fast, to release money to ASUU no suppose take decade but in this corn-tree, only God knows

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by sinkhole: 6:48am On May 25, 2022
This government is full of misinformation and information twisting!
Minimum wage is the fundamental right of all civil servants and to think it is just now that they are paying the adjustment of what was approved, over nine months ago and they are busy making it look as if they are doing anybody a favour!
By next week, COEASU will join the strike and the whole tertiary educational structure of the country will crash.
Sai Baba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Nobody: 8:23am On May 25, 2022
sinkhole:
Minimum wage is the fundamental right of all civil servants and to think it is just now that they are paying the adjustment of what was approved, over nine months ago and they are busy making it look as if they are doing anybody a favour!
By next week, COEASU will join the strike and the whole tertiary educational structure of the country will crash.
Sai Baba
Who be coeasu again naa
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by sinkhole: 8:28am On May 25, 2022
Onariii:

Who be coeasu again naa
College of Education Lecturers (College of Education Academic Staff Union).
ASUP (Polytechnic lecturers) is already on strike.
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Shineoneday: 8:39am On May 25, 2022
sinkhole:
Sai Baba

The strike go loud by then
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by backtalkG(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2022
Money weh one politician go swallow in one gulp Na him dey hard this government to pay ASUU

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by NairabIogger: 9:29am On May 25, 2022
sinkhole:
Sai Baba
wahala.
Why is FG not talking about the controversial IPPIS platform and the recommended UTAS and also renegotiating the 2009 agreement?
I think that's the main issue that ASUU wants to FG to address

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Bglow001(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2022
I am a Web Developer/Designer looking for any gig (e-commerce, finance, automobile, cryptocurrency) etc.

Chat me up, let's start with that low budget
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Privatepart00: 11:24am On May 25, 2022
NairabIogger:
wahala.
Why is FG not talking about the controversial IPPIS platform and the recommended UTAS and also renegotiating the 2009 agreement?
I think that's the main issue that ASUU wants to FG to address

UTAS is going no where. If they accept different platform for ASUU.
Same will happen with NAAT , NASU & SSANU .
As the UTAS doesn’t take other unions peculiarities into consideration.

Minimum wage been owed since 2019 paid in 2022 . Should we clap for federal government? When Accountant general of the federation can embezzle #80Billion which can solve the ASUU revitalization issue
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by sanyho(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2022
Universal Trust Group (UTG), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CITIC Trust is an online platform that readily give its users #200+ for each completed task they perform. It's a platform that pays you for nearly every step you take on the platform.
In 2020, UTG entered Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa, to carry out business, and signed entrustment agreements with 11 banks including Ecobank, Stanbic Bank, and United Bank to deal with abnormal assets such as overdue loans and overdue credit cards.

To join WhatsApp group for more info, updates and how utg works.

Kindly WhatsApp me on

Utg-ng registration/sign up
To sign up on this platform, follow the below
instructions:
1. https://www.utg-ng.com/login/sign?reffer_code=NKOE8P03
Note:
Please do not +0 in front of your mobile phone number during registration.
Do not +234 and 0 when logging in
2. Input the required details like mobile phone
number, password and verification code.
3. Click on register.
When you complete your registration on Utg-
ng, they reward you with a welcome bonus of N2800 which is an Experience Gold plan that can be used to complete 8 tasks in a day.
4. You will then be required to login
To login on this platform, you will need the
following:
1. Phone Number
2. Password
The minimum withdrawal amounts require is 3000 naira withdrawal fee rate of 16% from any amount you are withdrawing. This is collected in the form of personal income tax.
HOW TO WITHDRAW EARNINGS FROM UTG:
You are to click on mine icon or my wallet >bank account, click on the + sign top right corner and bind your bank details correctly on the platform.

To join WhatsApp group for more info & updates.

KINDLY WHATSAPP ME ON

How To Earn On Utg:
Before users will start earning on this platform you are required to click on Vip1 credit zone and enter your 6 digits pin transaction password to claim your earning. Once you have click on the Vip1
1. Enter,
Next, you are to click on>
2. Search (querying) and wait for it to load. Once it has finished searching. It will show (query was successful).
3. Return Immediately and enter the 6 digits Payment Password to receive your earning, it will show (Payment Successful).
Note: Repeat this mission 8 times daily as this is one of the necessary means of earning commissions.
App available in iphone & android version.

1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by okrikaboi: 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
Abeg make this strike linger till I learn this skill wey I dey learn finish till after election abeg.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by pennywys(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2022
God punish everyone who voted for Buhari during 2019 election
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by pennywys(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2022
sanyho:
Universal Trust Group (UTG), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CITIC Trust is an online platform that readily give its users #200+ for each completed task they perform. It's a platform that pays you for nearly every step you take on the platform.
In 2020, UTG entered Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa, to carry out business, and signed entrustment agreements with 11 banks including Ecobank, Stanbic Bank, and United Bank to deal with abnormal assets such as overdue loans and overdue credit cards.

To join WhatsApp group for more info, updates and how utg works.

Kindly WhatsApp me on 08142303911
Kindly WhatsApp me on 08142303911

Utg-ng registration/sign up
To sign up on this platform, follow the below
instructions:
1. https://www.utg-ng.com/login/sign?reffer_code=NKOE8P03
Note:
Please do not +0 in front of your mobile phone number during registration.
Do not +234 and 0 when logging in
2. Input the required details like mobile phone
number, password and verification code.
3. Click on register.
When you complete your registration on Utg-
ng, they reward you with a welcome bonus of N2800 which is an Experience Gold plan that can be used to complete 8 tasks in a day.
4. You will then be required to login
To login on this platform, you will need the
following:
1. Phone Number
2. Password
The minimum withdrawal amounts require is 3000 naira withdrawal fee rate of 16% from any amount you are withdrawing. This is collected in the form of personal income tax.
HOW TO WITHDRAW EARNINGS FROM UTG:
You are to click on mine icon or my wallet >bank account, click on the + sign top right corner and bind your bank details correctly on the platform.

To join WhatsApp group for more info & updates.

KINDLY WHATSAPP ME ON 08142303911

How To Earn On Utg:
Before users will start earning on this platform you are required to click on Vip1 credit zone and enter your 6 digits pin transaction password to claim your earning. Once you have click on the Vip1
1. Enter,
2. Search (querying) and wait for it to load. Once it has finished searching. It will show (query was successful).
3. Return Immediately and enter the 6 digits Payment Password to receive your earning, it will show (Payment Successful).
Note: Repeat this mission 8 times daily as this is one of the necessary means of earning commissions.
App available in iphone & android version.

this fraud kill u there

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Samfloxin(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2022
They have started paying it since Monday this week abi they want to apy another one? I mean the new minimum wage arrears
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2022
Whenever they are ready let us know....
Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by Alfred74: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Bglow001:
I am a Web Developer/Designer looking for any gig (e-commerce, finance, automobile, cryptocurrency) etc.

Chat me up, let's start with that low budget

Scammer, dem dey find u for Instagram

Re: ASUU Strike : FG Agrees To Pay 34bn Naira To Resolve Lingering Strike by ogaontop(m): 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
sinkhole:
Sai Baba
I thought the so called minimum wage was approved in 2019? That's why the he said effective from 2019!

(1) (Reply)

Acca Certificate / ASUU Has Called Off The Strike 4 Two Weeks / Help With Cut Off Marks And Post-ume Dates For Unizik And Futo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.