Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,950 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC (18678 Views)

Ministerial Slots: Tinubu May Dump Ex-govs, Prefers Technocrats — Source / PDP Governors May Dump Wike Over Party Members Harassment, Romance With APC / More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Metrix147: 6:25am On May 25, 2022
Former Chief Executive Officer of the defunct Diamond Bank, Dr. Alex Otti has dropped his governorship ambition on the platform of the All Progressives Congress APC, saying he'll no longer participate in the upcoming primary election of party, ABN TV reports.

This is even as he said he is ready to pursue his ambition elsewhere in a mission to rescue Abia, a project he insists he will not abandon halfway.

He cited a memo which allegedly emanated from the National Legal Adviser to the Chairman of the APC dated May 18, 2022, which imposed a 'strange sharing formular' on APC aspirants in Abia State as his reason for withdrawing from the race.

He said more than 90% of the aspirants, leaders and stakeholders of the party opposed the decision and subsequently appealed to the leadership of the APC to allow an open contest that would give room for the emergence of popular candidates who would also enjoy the support of party members and the electorate during the general election.

This he expressed regret did not happen, saying, the party is stuck to its decision to go by way of imposition of aspirants.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ferdinand Ekeoma, Otti insisted that the constitution of the APC and the electoral act have no room for coercion and imposition of candidates, a situation that necessitated the provision for either Direct Primaries, Indirect Primaries, or Consensus as acceptable modes of electing candidates.

He added, "That while the rest of the aspirants had agreed to rally round and support any aspirant that wins the governorship primaries through a free and fair contest, a particular aspirant who obviously believes that he doesn't stand a chance in a proper contest, rather chose to align with outside forces to be imposed on the party. But because we know that any product of imposition for the governorship ticket in the APC at a time like this in Abia would stand little chance in the general election, we strongly opposed it.

"That it's my firm belief that anyone who wants to govern Abia state and Abians, must be someone who has been democratically chosen by the people, and not one imposed by undemocratic or external forces pursuing self serving agenda that would undermine the welfare and wellbeing of Abians at the long run.

"That because I know that no true revolution has ever taken place without hitches and hiccups, my dogged determination and avowed commitment to ensuring the dawn of a new era of progressive and people oriented leadership has rather been emboldened than dampened.

"That because we are on a voyage of Abia redemption, and because the leadership calamity that befell Abia since the return of democracy in 1999 has not abated, we do not intend to quit midway, as that would represent a tragedy of immense proportion for our people who have been on a long search for good governance that would give them a well deserved reprieve.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/alex-otti-withdraws-abia-governorship-race-may-dump-apc/

8 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by dedonfranco(m): 6:27am On May 25, 2022
PDP is like cancer in Abia state.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Falcon52i: 6:33am On May 25, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Ogaga87(m): 6:33am On May 25, 2022
Political prostitute..

They have the guts to switch because we don't evaluate their capabilities and achievements before giving them the opportunity to rule over us..

Democracy is good and useless at the same time in a country where the citizens have little or no clue about political aspirants

9 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On May 25, 2022
Anyone who wants to govern Abia state and Abians, must be someone who has been democratically chosen by the people, and not one imposed by undemocratic or external forces pursuing self serving agenda that would undermine the welfare and wellbeing of Abians at the long run.

God bless Abia State.
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise.

Obagofixxy:

Abians really need someone that is capable, we have suffered alot
Good bless Abians
So shall it be.
Hope you have your PVC?
IF YES, tell others about it.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
Stay blessed.

Obagofixxy:

my pvc has been ready since, everything needs to be changed, Abians has suffered so much from godfatherism and rubbish people
God bless you.
You are a great man.
God bless Abia state.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by OCBoko: 6:33am On May 25, 2022
APC is a dead party

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Oldmansense(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2022
Ekwensu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by vr0xen: 6:37am On May 25, 2022
Sea man shaibu babangida 25 ak is a navy officer that robbed a betting shop around navy gate pls nairalanders if you have any clues of the guy in d picture pls dm me privately

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by JosephXavier: 6:37am On May 25, 2022
I wonder why such fine gentleman decided to decamp to a devilish party like APC in the first place

Now they just have shown him small pepper

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by zubino(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2022
Well-done to Nigerian politicians,...i salute una
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by kerry57: 6:37am On May 25, 2022
Alex, I don't know y u keep struggling to fit into where u are not supposed to be. U aren't a politician. Since u left ur role as the GMD of diamond bank and delved into politics, u killed ur career and killed diamond bank too. It has been one struggle or the other for u and the bank cos u haven't found ur feet in politics and diamond have been partially swallowed by access bank.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Yiominal: 6:37am On May 25, 2022
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2022
Fear of shame of being defeated

20 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2022
Misplaced priority
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Eriggs: 6:40am On May 25, 2022
OCBoko:
APC is a dead party
...and what will you say about your corrupt and looting party PDP....
dead, buried and lost forever abi?
Jargond by a Hypocrite

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Born2Breed(f): 6:40am On May 25, 2022
E don tay this man don dey contest.
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Eriggs: 6:40am On May 25, 2022
Boolpo:
Trash loading... 1, 2, 3
ipob terrorist supporter, na dem MANNA matter go finish u forndis nairaland.com. her truth dey always pain you everyday. Your online nightmare. U dream about her again last night abi?
U never see anything, your frustration reading her post just dey start.
Dem MANNA, keep killing them with your daily truth biko grin Madam na oga anyday anytime.

Alex otti, make u join apga jare,

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Bluntguy: 6:40am On May 25, 2022
Ikpeazu just imposed himself as the Abia South senatorial candidate. That is Abaribe's seat in the Senate. Both PDP and APC are the same. Dogs!!!

4 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by eshcol(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2022
He has left APC already and will join the Labour party soon. Ikechi Emenike should enjoy his party now but I know he can't win any election in Abia. APC got it wrong with this move.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Maxymilliano(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2022
Even as opposition in Abia, APC could still not put its house in order

5 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Keepamsafe: 6:46am On May 25, 2022
cheesy
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Keepamsafe: 6:47am On May 25, 2022
Omoh. The ball has entered my court.

This man’s smile is mischievous. Let’s all be weary shocked
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by bestman09(m): 6:49am On May 25, 2022
cool
I wonder how a sane man will contest for a governorship position of any Igbo state on the platform of APC and expect to win if he's not a thug or criminal

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Quiny32323: 6:50am On May 25, 2022
This man don turn ashawo, I dont even know who advised him to join a.p.c with emenike and ogar already there.
Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Advocate500: 6:50am On May 25, 2022
Alex oti is one of the most confused politician i have ever seen in my life ,stay in one party and pursue your ambition, with what is going on in abia state trust me if this guy is consistent in one party by now this will be a golden opportunity for him.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC by Quiny32323: 6:51am On May 25, 2022
Eriggs:
ipob terrorist supporter, na dem MANNA matter go finish u forndis nairaland.com. her truth dey always pain you everyday. Your online nightmare. U dream about her again last night abi?
U never see anything, your frustration reading her post just dey start.
Dem MANNA, keep killing them with your daily truth biko grin Madam na oga anyday anytime.

Alex otti, make u join apga jare,

Make udensi catch am for apga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Offers Me Bribe To Fight Gov. Fayose – Ekiti RTEAN Boss / CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG / Air Force Wings 6 New Helicopter Pilots, Assures Of Sustained Air Power Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.