Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

‘i’m A Player Who Likes Pressure’ —dessers Speaks Ahead Feyenoord Vs Roma UECL F - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘i’m A Player Who Likes Pressure’ —dessers Speaks Ahead Feyenoord Vs Roma UECL F (171 Views)

Guelor Kanga, Gabon Player, Who Was Born Few Years After His Mother's Death / UECL: Orban Scores Fastest-ever Hat-trick To Lift Genk / ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘i’m A Player Who Likes Pressure’ —dessers Speaks Ahead Feyenoord Vs Roma UECL F by solbase10(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2022
Super Eagles striker Cyriel Dessers says he is the kind of player who enjoys featuring in pressure games.

Dessers is expected to feature for Feyenoord in the final of the maiden Europa Conference League against AS Roma today (Wednesday).

This is Feyenoord’s first appearance in a major UEFA club competition since 2002.

Dessers played a key role in Feyenoord’s run to the final after contributing 10 goals in 11 games.

And looking forward to the final with Jose Mourinho’s side, the Belgian-born Nigerian in an interview with Het Nieuwsblad said:”I’ve been lucky enough to have played quite a few finals: Play-Offs and European football finals.

“I’ve also played important promotions (NAC Breda) but that’s a different kind of pressure. But as a footballer you have to be able to put that off on the pitch.

“I am a player who likes pressure and can handle it very well. Until now I have almost always scored in semi-finals and finals, that gives confidence for this match. I want to be standing with the cup in my hands.”

This would be Mourinho’s fifth appearance in the final of a European competition.

He won the Europa Cup with Porto and Manchester United (2003, 2017) and the Champions League during his time at Porto and Inter Milan (2004, 2010).

But Dessers believes the Portuguese will be wary of the threat Feyenoord pose.

He added:”I respect Mourinho, but we should not be afraid: this is a game with two other teams that stands alone. He will also look at us with respect and be wary of us.

“We know how they play and what we can expect. Now it’s up to us to put something in return. I look forward to the final with confidence.”

Source: https://www.completesports.com/im-a-player-who-likes-pressure-dessers-speaks-ahead-feyenoord-vs-roma-uecl-final/

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Install My Livescore App Please / NHL: Stanley Cup Finals 2022 Live Stream / Meet Moment Ronaldo Son ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.