Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,727 members, 7,862,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails (1408 Views)

Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies / Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT / ‘Deadman’ Jonathan Nkpumeh In Court To Stop Rivers APC Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 3:44pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
The Judge is still hearing the case. He has not sent Farah's lawyers to law school. So what is the point here.
In Summary, we will see how the case goes after the Rivers Primaries but I saw something Farah's lawyers wrote to the Court;

“By the constitution and guidelines of the 1st Defendant (PDP), an aspirant to the position of the gubernatorial office of a state must go through the screening process before he/she will be eligible to participate in the 1st Defendant’s primary election to elect the party’s gubernatorial flag bearer/candidate of the state, (Rivers State herein) for the general election,” the affidavit deposed in support of the motion of interlocutory injunction before the Federal High Court, Abuja, in SUIT NO: FHC/ABJ/CS/654/2022.

Good luck to Farah.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 3:47pm On May 25, 2022
seanfer:
He filed the case before the conduct of the primary. zamfara and Rivers 2019 is a precedent.
They aren't.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

In Summary, we will see how the case goes after the Rivers Primaries but I saw something Farah's lawyers wrote to the Court;

“By the constitution and guidelines of the 1st Defendant (PDP), an aspirant to the position of the gubernatorial office of a state must go through the screening process before he/she will be eligible to participate in the 1st Defendant’s primary election to elect the party’s gubernatorial flag bearer/candidate of the state, (Rivers State herein) for the general election,” the affidavit deposed in support of the motion of interlocutory injunction before the Federal High Court, Abuja, in SUIT NO: FHC/ABJ/CS/654/2022.

Good luck to Farah.

What is your point? You just copy and paste and call it point.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

Good luck to Farah.

You are just taking us back. There is no place in the Judge's ruling did he say he lacks the poer to stop the primary election.

He even showed he could.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 3:54pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are just taking us back. There is no place in the Judge's ruling did he say he lacks the poer to stop the primary election.

He even showed he could.
I know you are restraining yourself from calling me names, but these are things I am getting accustomed to here.

Since I am taking you back, let's leave it as it is. Again, Goodluck to Farah.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

I know you are restraining yourself from calling me names, but these are things I am getting accustomed to here.

Since I am taking you back, let's leave it as it is. Again, Goodluck to Farah.

I have never called anyone names on nairaland an I have been here for over a decade. So leave that angle.

I prefer points than diversions.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 3:58pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
If the one I have given you isn't enough, let the judge make his decisions.... God willing, we will be here.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

If the one I have given you isn't enough, let the judge make his decisions.... God willing, we will be here.

You have been doing copy and paste. You are yet to show us how the Judge's ruling meant he lavked power to stop the Primaries.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 4:03pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
You have been doing copy and paste. You are yet to show us how the Judge's ruling meant he lavked power to stop the Primaries.

Firstly, what did Farah apply for the Court to grant him and why?

Your answer will make me know what next to say.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

garfield1 AAA593 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana... one of you should help me here.

Read your Electoral Act properly and study the judgement. The people I mentioned can better explain, they are Better lawyers.

grin

Assignment. Prove your point, you are giving assignment.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 4:05pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

grin

Yes grin

I want you to read.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by garfield1: 4:06pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

grin

Let us see how it will play out.shey fubara is on the run
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

Firstly, what did Farah apply for the Court to grant him and why?

Your answer will make me know what next to say.

Calling for backup. .

The Judge already answered the argument.

Case dismissed.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 4:08pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
K.

Congrats to Gov Dagogo
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by fergie001: 4:09pm On May 25, 2022
garfield1:
You are endorsing his Principal nah....
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2022
garfield1:

Fubara has been on the run for years and still working for Wike.

Let us just leave that side. Wike is giving Fubara the ticket.

Shocked that the heavyweights battling for this gubernatorial seat have their hands tied by Wike.

Chief Austin Okpara
Abiye Sekibo
George Sekibo
Chief David Briggs
Lee Maeba
Bro Felix "Go Round" Obuah etc.

All just silenced with a warning from Wike.

Just shocking.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by garfield1: 4:27pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

You are endorsing his Principal nah....

For president not guber
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TGM2015: 5:52pm On May 25, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Justice Taiwo Taiwo held that the application was not brought on time and that the court could not be induced with his claims for urgency.
Calm down and read to understand. The court only refuse to grant ex-parte application to stop the primaries. The court never rules that he is not an aspirant, hence, does not have the rights to sue PDP. This was our argument, whether he is an aspirant or not, because only aspirants can challenge PDP in court. You claim he is yet to attain the status of an aspirant because he didn't participate in the screening, which will change his status from governorship "hopefuls or contestants" (in your on words) to governorship aspirant.

May be you should read the Vanguard version of reporting, the words in bold may be of help to you.

Meanwhile, in his ruling on Wednesday, Justice Taiwo held that processes the plaintiff filed before the court did not disclose any urgency that would warrant the issuance of an ex-parte injunction against the defendants.

Meanwhile, in his ruling on Wednesday, Justice Taiwo held that processes the plaintiff filed before the court did not disclose any urgency that would warrant the issuance of an ex-parte injunction against the defendants.

“Ex-parte injunctions are meant for matters of real urgency”, the court held, stressing that it has the powers to give redress to the plaintiff even after the primary election is conducted.

Justice Taiwo noted that whereas the plaintiff filed his substantive suit on May 12, he waited till May 18 to file the ex-parte motion for interim injunction.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/breaking-court-declines-to-halt-rivers-pdp-governorship-primaries/

vicdom:

What was your earlier position?
My position was that he is an aspirant and has the right to sue the party, but whether his case is sufficient enough to affect the primary conduct without him lie with the judge.
Re: BREAKING: Dagogo’s Suit To Stop Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries Fails by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2022
TGM2015:

Calm down and read to understand. The court only refuse to grant ex-parte application to stop the primaries. The court never rules that he is not an aspirant, hence, does not have the rights to sue PDP. This was our argument, whether he is an aspirant or not, because only aspirants can challenge PDP in court. You claim he is yet to attain the status of an aspirant because he didn't participate in the screening, which will change his status from governorship "hopefuls or contestants" (in your on words) to governorship aspirant.

May be you should read the Vanguard version of reporting, the words in bold may be of help to you.

My position was that he is an aspirant and has the right to sue the party, but whether his case is sufficient enough to affect the primary conduct without him lie with the judge.

Thank you. Well addressed and informative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There's Currently A Fulani Vs Idoma War At Orokam But The Media Is Silent! / Osun Decides: Adeleke Wins Polling Unit With Wide Margin / RE: Leader Of Bishops Delegation To Tinubu-shetimma By Sarrki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.