Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security (9853 Views)

Sokoto: APC Holds Governorship Campaign Rally In Tambuwal / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court Premises, Amidst Tight Security / El-Zakzaky Arrives Kaduna Court Amidst Tight Security. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Metrix147: 3:56pm On May 25, 2022
Abia State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP will today hold its governorship primary election ahead of 2023 general elections.

Security agencies comprising of the Nigerian Army and Police have blocked all the entrances into the Umuahia Township stadium, venue of the primaries.

An SUV belonging to security agencies was sighted parked along Azikiwe by school road, as well as a police van along Ikot ekpene by School road junction and an army truck at the Abia hotel end of the road.

The traffic on the adjoining roads is congested as pupils and workers are experiencing a hard time accessing their school and workplaces respectively.

Venue of the primary election, Umuahia Township Stadium is wearing a new look as delegates are set to cast their ballots.

Recall that the Minority Leader of the Senate, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe had announced his withdrawal from the primary election, saying Abia State chapter of PDP never held any congress to elect adhoc delegates.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-pdp-holds-governorship-primary-election-today-amidst-tight-security/

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Malory: 3:58pm On May 25, 2022
Abia people should open their eyes this time around

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by fergie001: 4:00pm On May 25, 2022
I have nothing to say than Congratulations, Professor Uche Eleazer Ikonne.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by OgunleyeA1: 4:16pm On May 25, 2022
From abaribe statement,the case is in court

1 Like

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Golan007: 4:16pm On May 25, 2022
Heads may roll.

11 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by jamalnation(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by toprealman: 4:17pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:
From Ngwa man to Ngwa man yet you people want the north to hand over power abi?

7 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by shuttox: 4:17pm On May 25, 2022
Ikonne I think it's a wrong candidate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Malory: 4:18pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:
Is he competent enough for the job or are you protecting your pocket?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by HopeNeverDies: 4:18pm On May 25, 2022
Damnnnnnn!!! It is Well.
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Franklyspeakin: 4:21pm On May 25, 2022
I pity Abia. From frying pan to fire

2 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 25, 2022
Even the so-called elites, educated ones don't know what they worth and the kind of people that should be their leader! It be like say everyone from the Zoo dey under spells and curse! Abians will soon elect a kind of Ajala as their next governor!

3 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by ybalogs(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2022
May all the enemies of Nigeria meet with unfortunate deaths before 2023. Those making the country ungovernable from the outside and inside God please destroy them. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by John4B: 4:23pm On May 25, 2022
Good lock to them
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by PND01: 4:25pm On May 25, 2022
toprealman:

He is from Abia central and agwa extraction since the formal governor is from Umuahia municipal
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Cmanforall: 4:27pm On May 25, 2022
Who is likely to win?
Will the governor pick.his successor?
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by fergie001: 4:28pm On May 25, 2022
Malory:
Is he competent enough for the job or are you protecting your pocket?
As VC of ABSU, he was good.

There is nothing anyone can do. The Gov has the delegates list and the man is summarily going unopposed since all aspirants have stepped down.

He is running alone.

1 Like

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by fergie001: 4:32pm On May 25, 2022
toprealman:

Hmmm....na wah

Ngwa occupies 2 Senatorial Zones, so the Gov & this man are from different Senatorial Zones. I don't want to bore you with details again I don't think you have seen me here canvassing which Zone(s) should produce the President.

He is literally running opposed.

2 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Uzoisaga(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2022
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-pdp-holds-governorship-primary-election-today-amidst-tight-security/

If that FAT thing sitting there as Abia henchman succeeds in foisting his Ngwa brother on Abia against the accepted rotational gentleman's agreement, he and his ilks should not spew rubbish with tears when Old Bende(Abia North) comes for their jugular. Indeed, they all will cry blood before they smell power ever again. A word they say, is enough for de wise

2 Likes

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by galaxi(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

There is nothing anyone can do. The Gov has the delegates list and the man is summarily going unopposed since all aspirants have stepped down.

He is running alone.
What happens to the letter inec sent to PDP HQ concerning this primary election.
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by iHart(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2022
Let me laugh small
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by garfield1: 4:37pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

He is running alone.

From abaribe statement,the case is in court
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by VictorUSA1: 4:38pm On May 25, 2022
The winner knows himself.This is just pokitics.
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by fergie001: 4:40pm On May 25, 2022
galaxi:

What happens to the letter inec sent to PDP HQ concerning this primary election.
They armed themselves with a Court order, forcing the hands of INEC. The opponents have refused to go to Court for reasons I don't know why. I cannot help them since they don't want to man up.

Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by fergie001: 4:45pm On May 25, 2022
garfield1:
From abaribe statement,the case is in Court.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by Penguin2: 4:47pm On May 25, 2022
fergie001:

Hope he won’t be another disaster like OUK, Theodore and Ikpeazu if he wins?
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by chukwuibuipob: 4:48pm On May 25, 2022
shocked while Mazi Dey Kuje underground sad
Re: Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security by RealLordZeus(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2022
Best time to be a delegate!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modath Explains Why she Voted Buhari / Osinbajo Meets Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls At State House(pics) / Child Theft: Buhari Commends Police For Discovering False Correctional Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.