Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) (25393 Views)

Celebration As Alex Otti Wins Abia State Governorship Election / Ikenna Iyiegbu Wins APGA House Of Reps Ticket (Video) / Orji Uzor Kalu Wins Abia North Senate Seat - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Ikpeyi: 11:45am On May 27, 2022
Maobichek:

Despite the hate/harassment against late Ossy Prestige, PDP still lost that election (Aba North/South HoR).

The slogan then was: "nwa Aba ga aru Aba" but what did Ikpeazu did in Aba? Now he want to hand over to Ikonne from Faulks Rd Aba neglecting the existing rotation that encouraged TA to rigged him into power.

If Ikonne will be better no problem cos any time i remember Ngwa Rd, i always feel bad.

What is this one saying?

Chimaobi Ebisike an Ngwa son from Aba North LGA won the Aba HOR.

Secondly, Prof Uche Ikonne is not related to our revered Eze Ikonne, he is from Isiala Ngwa North not Aba north...and FYI Prof Ikonne will win the guber elections and there is nothing you guys can do about it.

You are not from Abia that is why your have ended up saying nothing...
Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Maobichek: 12:45pm On May 27, 2022
Ikpeyi:

What is this one saying?

Chimaobi Ebisike an Ngwa son from Aba North LGA won the Aba HOR.

Secondly, Prof Uche Ikonne is not related to our revered Eze Ikonne, he is from Isiala Ngwa North not Aba north...and FYI Prof Ikonne will win the guber elections and there is nothing you guys can do about it.

You are not from Abia that is why your have ended up saying nothing...

Chimaobi Ebesike only became Aba North/South HoR member to fill the vacant position created by the demise Ossy Prestige.

I won't argue with you but i must set the record straight: Ossy Prestige a former chairman: Aba Sports Club won both 2015 and 2019 Aba North/South HoR ( there was an argument whether he was from Ngwa or Abiriba, Ngwa people didn't support him during 2015/2019 elections), died in Germany and the election to fill his position brought Ebesike in.

Finally, I'm not interested whether an Ngwa man is the governor or not, what we want is development. Thanks for the clarification on Prof. Ikonne not being related to Eze Ikonne from Faulks Rd.
Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 27, 2022
Maobichek:

Good morning, there is absolutely no need for all this, Oti was in First bank did everything for Ngwaland but was accused of being an Arochukwu indigene just to pave way for Ikpeazu's accession as the governor of Abia state. I don't want us to go into if Alex Oti is Ngwa man or not because he attracted more development to Ala Ngwa when Ikpeazu was just Asepa director; that's politics.

On the issue of people not being allowed to vote because they are not indigenes as you use Yoruba people against Igbos in Lagos as an example can't be obtainable in Aba (please ask questions).

All Ngwa traditional rulers supported Ikpeazu in 2015 was because he was the sole candidate chosen by Ngwaland and Abia South turn to produce the governor. Abia voted for Ikpeazu because he was PDP ( TA orji' choice) and it was Abia South turn and what happened in 2019 was the power of incumbency.

Do you know why he lost in both Aba North/South in 2015 despite being the PDP and Abia South chosen candidate? In 2019 when he was already a governor, he lost again in Aba North, Aba people can't be intimidated that everyone must be forced to vote Ikpeazu or you would not be allowed to vote at all.

Politics aside, we know how Bakassi boys came about, should i remind you that Ariara boys after counting their loses in the hands of criminals engaged Ngwa Rd (nwa asimuo boys) at Ngwa Rd, defeated them and formed Bakassi to curb the activities of criminals. In that fight, Asimuo boys lost Dibia, ala awusa, isi ugbo etc. Ariara boys were not Ngwa people and were even led by the Akwa Ibom crippled man.

From what i have said, you wouldn't argue whether I'm an outsider or insider again.

Osisioma belong to Adelu's people, faulks Rd/Ariara to Ikonne, Ngwa Rd to Dike/ Iheasimuo/Emejiaka, Isiala Ngwa to Enweremadus, Evina side/iheorji to Onyembi an Co. These are top families that are known in these places. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

top families,it doesn't mean the local government belongs to them otherwise ikonne's son would have been representing Aba North.Not taking for granted that the Non-Ngwa peeps in Aba play a role in elections in both lga's,but that is only in the major city centres that has been denuded of its indigenes. And his loss in them was marginal. now compare with the over 80% votes he got in obingwa and osisioma lga's ? and this are the places that constitute 60% of what most people believe is Aba.

The crux of the issue is the claim that Abia center is Ngwa-phobic , that's a lie correct that and we are done.

Otti lost not because we didn't accept him as an Ngwa man,but he rejected us.

A lot of people in the Ngwa are descended from Igbo folks and non-igbo fleeing slave trade in old bende zone or OSU caste system in most of Igbo land etc.The Ngwa is igbos biggest tribe in population and landmass yet we didn't practice the OSU caste system or slave trade.Instead we where preyed upon by the Aro confederation to supply slaves and human heads for there war dances. This resulted in a robust defence network that made sure the Ngwa didn't fall like our riverine cousins did.
This lead to influx of people fleeing social injustice into Ngwa land.

The Ngwa has and will always be home to everyone ,there hasn't been any case of violence meted out to settlers by the Ngwa as a group. Infact,that's arguably why it hosts the biggest collection of multinationals in the East

Otti's father was a missionary who settled down in isialangwa south. After his death ,he was buried in Ngwa land, but when Otti rose to prominence, it was alledged that he moved his dad's grave back to Arochukwu. He built his house in Aro and boldly wrote on it "No PLACE LIKE HOME" he registered as an aro man during his days in the PDP.

Take into consideration that OTTI is a legacy of the first Igbo CBN governor under Abacha -Mr Paul oguma an Ngwa man. But what development did he bring to Ngwa land ? he took a bank to his hometown in Arochukwu while there was none in Isialangwa North and south lga. The only one brought in by Oguma was down even before my birth.

Traveling to his house through Umuapiti community is one of the worst things you can ever try and his so called kinsmen at isialangwa where living lives of penury.
But walk into the head office of Diamond bank Aba and see his Aro kinsmen in every position.

During the 2019 governorship debate ,he was asked on air about his Lga and he without hesitation choose Arochukwu - so forgive us for soundly rejecting a man who rejected the Ngwa first. A man who did nothing for us.

And again you are wrong about the bakassi issue. Some of the few surviving bakassi men are Ngwa. To claim there wasn't an Ngwa presence in that group is a misrepresentation of history.

Yes the maff Bois of old where mostly Aba Ngwa youths but you can't actually think that if the whole Ngwa was behind them that Bakassi would have won ?

The show of force in the buildup to 2015 elections add weight to my assertions.
Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Maobichek: 5:15pm On May 27, 2022
eduj:

top families,it doesn't mean the local government belongs to them otherwise ikonne's son would have been representing Aba North.Not taking for granted that the Non-Ngwa peeps in Aba play a role in elections in both lga's,but that is only in the major city centres that has been denuded of its indigenes. And his loss in them was marginal. now compare with the over 80% votes he got in obingwa and osisioma lga's ? and this are the places that constitute 60% of what most people believe is Aba.

The crux of the issue is the claim that Abia center is Ngwa-phobic , that's a lie correct that and we are done.

Otti lost not because we didn't accept him as an Ngwa man,but he rejected us.

A lot of people in the Ngwa are descended from Igbo folks and non-igbo fleeing slave trade in old bende zone or OSU caste system in most of Igbo land etc.The Ngwa is igbos biggest tribe in population and landmass yet we didn't practice the OSU caste system or slave trade.Instead we where preyed upon by the Aro confederation to supply slaves and human heads for there war dances. This resulted in a robust defence network that made sure the Ngwa didn't fall like our riverine cousins did.
This lead to influx of people fleeing social injustice into Ngwa land.

The Ngwa has and will always be home to everyone ,there hasn't been any case of violence meted out to settlers by the Ngwa as a group. Infact,that's arguably why it hosts the biggest collection of multinationals in the East

Otti's father was a missionary who settled down in isialangwa south. After his death ,he was buried in Ngwa land, but when Otti rose to prominence, it was alledged that he moved his dad's grave back to Arochukwu. He built his house in Aro and boldly wrote on it "No PLACE LIKE HOME" he registered as an aro man during his days in the PDP.

Take into consideration that OTTI is a legacy of the first Igbo CBN governor under Abacha -Mr Paul oguma an Ngwa man. But what development did he bring to Ngwa land ? he took a bank to his hometown in Arochukwu while there was none in Isialangwa North and south lga. The only one brought in by Oguma was down even before my birth.

Traveling to his house through Umuapiti community is one of the worst things you can ever try and his so called kinsmen at isialangwa where living lives of penury.
But walk into the head office of Diamond bank Aba and see his Aro kinsmen in every position.

During the 2019 governorship debate ,he was asked on air about his Lga and he without hesitation choose Arochukwu - so forgive us for soundly rejecting a man who rejected the Ngwa first. A man who did nothing for us.

And again you are wrong about the bakassi issue. Some of the few surviving bakassi men are Ngwa. To claim there wasn't an Ngwa presence in that group is a misrepresentation of history.

Yes the maff Bois of old where mostly Aba Ngwa youths but you can't actually think that if the whole Ngwa was behind them that Bakassi would have won ?

The show of force in the buildup to 2015 elections add weight to my assertions.

Good evening, i appreciate your presentation, it shows maturity but i have two posts to sustain from my previous comment.

My family own houses in Aba, currently my parents live at Obingwa. On the issue of violence, my dad complained that before 2015 election, Obingwa youths moved from house to house with knives threatening that everyone must vote Ikpeazu or they would be kidnapped. One even threatened to forcefully take over my dad's house citing every wonderful things in the house, that not withstanding, my dad voted his choice candidate.

Secondly, Bakassi formation was as a result of the fight between Ariara boys and Asimuo (Ngwa) boys. Some Ngwa people must certainly be members of Bakassi boys (Ariara boys) but my point remains that Ariara boys (mostly non Ngwa) fought Asimuo (Ngwa) boys and defeat them at Ngwa Rd and burnt down some of their houses. This was at Ngwa Rd, Aba. No one will be intimidated by Ngwa people in Aba not to vote. Even at Obingwa, people didn't succumb let alone in Aba, thank you.
Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 27, 2022
Maobichek:

Good evening, i appreciate your presentation, it shows maturity but i have two posts to sustain from my previous comment.

My family own houses in Aba, currently my parents live at Obingwa. On the issue of violence, my dad complained that before 2015 election, Obingwa youths moved from house to house with knives threatening that everyone must vote Ikpeazu or they would be kidnapped. One even threatened to forcefully take over my dad's house citing every wonderful things in the house, that not withstanding, my dad voted his choice candidate.

Secondly, Bakassi formation was as a result of the fight between Ariara boys and Asimuo (Ngwa) boys. Some Ngwa people must certainly be members of Bakassi boys (Ariara boys) but my point remains that Ariara boys (mostly non Ngwa) fought Asimuo (Ngwa) boys and defeat them at Ngwa Rd and burnt down some of their houses. This was at Ngwa Rd, Aba. No one will be intimidated by Ngwa people in Aba not to vote. Even at Obingwa, people didn't succumb let alone in Aba, thank you.

political touts not obingwa youths. If obingwa youths or Ngwa youths choose violence,I doubt anything short of intervention by security forces can stop them.

you know that Ariaria is in osisioma lga right ?

you know that ikpeazu wins all polling units in Ariaria right ?

you know that ogbor hill is actually obingwa lga right?

And ikpeazu won them all. That should show you something.

the biggest challenge to Ngwa dominance in Abia is unity .if the are united,they have it all to lose . for instance only Abaribe's issues with ikpeazu can derail ikonne from winning 2023 apart from an act of God.

Am not saying you don't have valid points, yes settlers influence elections but only marginally . And what does owning houses in Aba got to do with the debate ? we owe properties in Lagos ,that doesn't translate to me having any influence in it.

1 Like

Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Rochas2023: 4:12pm On May 30, 2022
eduj:

Buhari anointed high chief ikechi emenike from ibeku (t.a orji's hometown) as the APC Guber candidate. ibeku is in Abia central .

Alex otti has already left APC. so as it stands today, Abia North has lost out of both APC and PDP

Ikechi Emenike is not from Ibeku, he is from Ohuhu and yes is Abia central battle
Re: Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 30, 2022
Rochas2023:

Ikechi Emenike is not from Ibeku, he is from Ohuhu and yes is Abia central battle

thanjs for the correction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Laments High Cost Of Food / Wike Kissing His Wife At FIDA Award Event (Photos) / EndSARS: UK Parliament To Sanction Nigerian Officials Involved In Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.