Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. (754 Views)

Man 'intentionally' Rams Car Into Migrants In Texas. 7 Dead, 6 Injured / Ten Normal Things You Can't Buy Or Possess In North Korea / Gunman Open Fire In Texas Walmart, Killed Over 20 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by panafrican(m): 11:50pm On May 25, 2022
The governor of Texas loosened gun law not long ago. Young adult can buy guns with no permit and carry them in public.
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2022
welcome to the real world... aka many people's eldorado!
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by godofuck231: 12:18am On May 26, 2022
Its our second amendment a right to self defence, herdsmen at my door and am having a bad day ............

1 Like

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Johnycastro18: 2:56am On May 26, 2022
That is America for you.

This is one of the results of Asking for all manner of "rights" here and there, "almost" every dick and harry including pysho's can have access to Gun's so what do you expect if not gun violence....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by oz4real83(m): 6:26am On May 26, 2022
When you see the foolish actions of some people or countries we thought to be very smart, you will be disappointed. Just like in Nigeria where you can't get a good job without some quality academic achievements, but the presidency which is the highest position in the country can be contested for with ordinary secondary school education, even when you didn't graduate from the secondary school as long as u can provide proof of attendance!!!

1 Like

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by MJBOLT: 6:35am On May 26, 2022
that's America for you grin
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by VictorUSA1: 6:48am On May 26, 2022
The effect of alcohol may be more dangerous to the body system.If he holds a gun solely for self-defence and does not use it illegaly, hence the justification for such laws.
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by hayzed19(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2022
Self defense for a 13 years old. A 13 or 10 years old kids can't buy beer in the US but can buy guns. is that part of self defense.
USA needs a gun reform.
See a congressman and his family holding and showing off guns like that on Christmas day. is that also part of self defense?
VictorUSA1:
The effect of alcohol may be more dangerous to the body system.If he holds a gun solely for self-defence and does not use it illegaly, hence the justification for such laws.

2 Likes

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by VictorUSA1: 9:53am On May 26, 2022
hayzed19:
Self defense for a 13 years old. A 13 or 10 years old kids can't buy beer in the US but can buy guns. is that part of self defense.
USA needs a gun reform.
See a congressman and his family holding and showing off guns like that on Christmas day. is that also part of self defense?
They seriously need gun reform in the US especially Republican-control states, they advocates for rights to own weapons and are against strict gun control law.
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 10:02am On May 26, 2022
VictorUSA1:
They seriously need gun reform in the US especially Republican-control states, they advocates for rights to own weapons and are against strict gun control law.
lmao, the Buffalo groceries store shootings, wey be like video games, no happen in a republican state, you carry bias enter American matter too….just had to point that out….do your research wella before you comment on American issues, unlike Russia/Ukraine saga, proofs too plenty wey blind man no fit deny…. We Dey talk about Gun control in USA, you quickly turn am to Republicans v Democrat… Victor stay away from cnn , it’s bad for your IQ

1 Like

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Savage8563: 10:10am On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
lmao, the Buffalo groceries store shootings, wey be like video games, no happen in a republican state, you carry bias enter American matter too….just had to point that out….do your research wella before you comment on American issues, unlike Russia/Ukraine saga, proofs too plenty wey blind man no fit deny…. We Dey talk about Gun control in USA, you quickly turn am to Republicans v Democrat… Victor stay away from cnn , it’s bad for your IQ
guy leave that guy .. no day follow am argue. Na mumu boy way day beg him uncle for money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by hayzed19(m): 10:11am On May 26, 2022
Am not sure that will happen.
The money in gun manufacturing is enormous, and gun manufacturers substantially fund politics in the United States.
The NRA cartel is one of the most influential advocacy groups in US politics.
VictorUSA1:
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2022
Savage8563:
guy leave that guy .. no day follow am argue. Na mumu boy way day beg him uncle for money
The level of his ignorance and bias is appalling. Ontop matter wey no affect am directly…. No be juju be that….
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by tamdun: 10:17am On May 26, 2022
godofuck231:
Its our second amendment a right to self defence, herdsmen at my door and am having a bad day ............
When was the last time a terrorist attack US? They(US) are doing the killings themselve
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2022
tamdun:

When was the last time a terrorist attack US? They(US) are doing the killings themselve
there’s no need to attack em, USA will implode eventually……
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by VictorUSA1: 10:28am On May 26, 2022
Uncle Teazer4 grin this post is about Texas not the buffalo grocery store shootings that happened in New York.Is it not true that the Republicans advocates for owning weapons

I don't watch CNN coz I and my widowed mum are poor, we have no tv.

I don't have a smart phone.I read with my old tecno phone.I know nothing,but I learn by commenting. grin
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by VictorUSA1: 10:36am On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
there’s no need to attack em, USA will implode eventually……
I respect you so much, but this particular perception you have about me is what I don't expect from you.If others will insult me and say all manner of things about me, advising one another not to quote me, I don't expect my able uncle Teazer4 to be among.Moreover, you are better educated, more matured and higily exposed than the village guy that travelled to Abuja only oncegrin
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2022
VictorUSA1:
Uncle Teazer4 grin this post is about Texas not the buffalo grocery store shootings that happened in New York.Is it not true that the Republicans advocates for owning weapons

I don't watch CNN coz I and my widowed mum are poor, we have no tv.

I don't have a smart phone.I read with my old tecno phone.I know nothing,but I learn by commenting. grin
I know what the post is about, but the moment you mentioned “republican control states” you changed the narratives, gun violence happens everywhere in the USA, regardless of the color of the States. Yes, you’re right that republicans strongly support the 2nd amendment . That section have been enshrined in their constitutions since inception, nothing can change that, that begs the question, why the incessant shootings and senseless killings now? Even kids ain’t safe in middle school. The truth be say that society is fvcked up, nah every country get their own menace… so it’s not about who’s supporting this or not? It’s about finding a lasting solution to the problem, cos there’s someone somewhere planning another senseless shooting…that’s America for you.

However, i never mentioned anything about your family or family status, that’s the lowest low I’ll never go, ever!!! I get morals, even on a faceless forum like NL I go still behave like person wey collect home training.

The reason why I mention cnn is obvious, most hatred for the Red party comes from CNN, I know that cos I do watch it too once in a while

Stay safe Victor

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 10:46am On May 26, 2022
VictorUSA1:
I respect you so much, but this particular perception you have about me is what I don't expect from you.If others will insult me and say all manner of things about me, advising one another not to quote me, I don't expect my able uncle Teazer4 to be among.Moreover, you are better educated, more matured and higily exposed than the village guy that travelled to Abuja only oncegrin
lol victor, I typed “the level of your ignorance and bias is appalling “ where’s the insults in that. I just reacted based on your comments about wanting to stick the blame of gun voilence on republican states alone instead of the whole country, regardless of the party cos it’s a national menace, that’s why I used the word “ignorance” pls do check the meaning of “appalling” and bias” too, point out where I insulted you. Common, you can do better…. Why would I insult? Why? The one you quote na for USA, I talk say dem go implode…. I also add on top matter wey no affect you directly, that’s no insult na statements of fact. “No be juju be that” no be insult

Pls show me where I insult you

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Isabelle16(f): 10:53am On May 26, 2022
Savage8563:
I see no reason why you guys are bothered about this VictorUSA.If you will not argue with him, fine, must you insult him and block other people from doing so? That boy does not know if your moniker exists.
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by VictorUSA1: 11:03am On May 26, 2022
Uncle Teazer4 grin I didnt mean you insulted me.What I mean is, I don't expect you to join them in a criticizing me.And most especially those that fear to quote me directlygrin But it's a free world.My uncle I'm sorrygrin

1 Like

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Teazer4(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2022
VictorUSA1:
Uncle Teazer4 grin I didnt mean you insulted me.What I mean is, I don't expect you to join them in a criticizing me.And most especially those that fear to quote me directlygrin But it's a free world.My uncle I'm sorrygrin
no I didn’t join anyone, he quote me and I responded, that’s it….. you suppose take my response judge nah…. We can’t always agree, that’s what makes human unique. I’m ignorant of some many things too, I actively learn here too, when I see some ppl’s comment den I do research about it that’s how we learn more, i fit don learn from you too indirectly, you never know….

Looking busy here, I’m preparing for a presentation at work. Have a great day Vic!!! Stay out of trouble lol

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Savage8563: 11:42am On May 26, 2022
Isabelle16:
I see no reason why you guys are bothered about this VictorUSA.If you will not argue with him, fine, must you insult him and block other people from doing so? That boy does not know if your moniker exists.
neither do I know if yours exist
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:43am On May 26, 2022
This kind of thing don't happen in Russia only in USA with all their acclaimed freedom.

Is this the type of freedom that you want for your nation.

USA fans tell us.

1 Like

Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by godofuck231: 12:02pm On May 26, 2022
tamdun:

that why I keep an armoury , foreign or domestic , known or yet to be know , ill defend my rights to life, my family and property
Re: In Texas: A 18-year Old Can't Buy A Beer But He Can Buy A Powerful Assault Gun. by godofuck231: 3:27pm On May 27, 2022
tamdun:

thats domestic terrorism, if you have your own gun you could protect your self , these same rights gave we Africans a chance to ward off invasions by the British, the Portuguese gave us arms from trade but never thought us how to make them or how to make bullets , during the British invasion most tribes ran out of ammunition, this was the problem ,so if the United state is attacked and the army overrun? Go help you because its citizens are armed and deadly capable

(1) (Reply)

LA County Returns Bruce's Beach — Now Worth $20 Million — To Black Family / Russia Captures all of the luhansk region in it's biggest win of the war so far / Iranian Kamikaze Drones Destroys Ukrainian Equipments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.