Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard (24078 Views)

2023 Presidency: Jonathan Is Eligible To Contest - Group Faults Falana / 2023 Presidency: Jonathan Meets With Southern Coordinators / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by InvertedHammer: 3:07pm On May 26, 2022
hopman98:
Hammerhead, how will ur own life too change if ur tribal man wins? na pesin wey go make naija beta we dey hope for, whether hausa, igbo or yoruba grin
/
My well-being is not in any way tied to Nigeria. Whoever you people choose, life goes on.

/
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by badumjoy: 3:33pm On May 26, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

In the Eyes of the Constitution,

Jonathan has done only one term as President...

The first 2 years he served as President was to finish Umaru Musa Yar'adua first term ..

The first 2 years is not part of the 8 years he his allowed to rule as President.

This is the point I am making. He can only serve 4 years and the north will take it again, (note that Buhari will just be completing 8 years. But if the first 2 un-elective years are counted, it's worse ! Either way the arrangement is not good for the south interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Minime10(f): 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
I wish Jonathan can accept to run under apc platform just to spit Atiku, saraki, tinubu & the likes. Whether he wins or loses is immaterial. Let them also feel the pain of betreyal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Newton2024: 4:04pm On May 26, 2022
oluwoleife:
If this is true, then Jonathan has no shame!
Sir, mention one politician that has shame in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Rapht933: 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/presidency-jonathan-still-in-the-race-puts-apc-screening-on-hold/

I will be highly disappointed in him if truly Jonathan is coming to APC to context
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by KillerCrocodile: 4:08pm On May 26, 2022
badumjoy:

This is the point I am making. He can only serve 4 years and the north will take it again, (note that Buhari will just be completing 8 years.

But if the first 2 un-elective years are counted, it's worse !

Either way the arrangement is not good for the south interest.

Ok I see....

But the first 2 years would not be counted because those years are for the Yar'adua Presidency.....
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by hopman98: 4:18pm On May 26, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
My well-being is not in any way tied to Nigeria. Whoever you people choose, life goes on.

/
YESSIR!
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Putinofrussia: 4:20pm On May 26, 2022
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Asiwajukay: 6:17pm On May 26, 2022
Let me tell everyone emphatically here that Former President Goodluck Jonathan is never a factor to be considered in APC quest for its partys' Presidential aspirant, let me also informed you that at the moment, the issue of consensus is capital zero and also adoption is also out of the game, the primary mode is delegation, forget about one cabal or one adoption from anyone, even President Mohammed Buhari is not adopting anyone with what's on ground, everyone is going to the primary to test it's popularity and competency, APC aspirants are heavy weight, you can't just do anyhow with there aspiration, else you get the party in a mess and let me also remind you that APC has just 3 serious aspirants in the race so don't be surprised if you are seeing some aspirants getting just a vote or zero vote comes Sunday
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by ibechris(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2022
Malory:
Jonathan is using his own hand to dig his own grave

If Jonathan declares for that seat,forget PDP,the man would win handsomely.

Nigeria under APC is unpredictable.

Jonathan's presidency would bring peace back to some sections of this country including the North.
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by delpee(f): 10:59pm On May 26, 2022
Hope he won't end up in disgrace. He should avoid losing all the respect and honour he currently has.
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by mastermaestro(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2022
Arielle:

Thank you. Buhari has been part of the plan. All they've been trying to do is sell the idea of consensus which has been an uphill task, obviously. Jonathan is adamant - consensus or nothing. This weekend will be most interesting.

Your thoughts are very plausible.
Re: Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard by Karlosorji(m): 2:07am On May 27, 2022
oluwoleife:
If this is true, then Jonathan has no shame!
so you want him to remain in pdp with the likes of atiku, saraki, tambuwal etc? People that made him lose elections? Now is payback time. Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Bwacha Denies Backing Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Is It Corruption That Has Made PHCN Kept Us In Darkness? / "2019 Election Will Be Inconclusive" – Abdulrahman Mohammed, Ex-Spy Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.