Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. (1143 Views)

My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video / Which Android Phone Has These Specifications? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by TallBlackKing(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2022
I pray this gets to the top

Good morning everyone
I’ve been a member of Nairaland since 2017 but I was just here as a guest. But today I had to sought for the knowledge of experienced people here on the issues I have been having with my phone. I am using an iPhone X and I started using it August 23 2020 and it has never had issues or I have any had any cause to take it to a repair store. But not the 16 of April I fell down and the screen broke and as I went to fix it the guy changed the screen and said my phone couldn’t on because my battery was not picking charge, and said it need to be changed and I obliged (that was because my old battery has degraded to about 78%) he finished fixing it that day and I paid him 45k both for the screen replacement and the battery replacement. Just while I was heading home, I noticed the phone was seriously over heating and the charge in the battery was going low very fast like from 40% to 30% in 1 minute even without pressing the phone it was still over heating and still charge was going down. I had to wait next day to go back and complain to him because he (the phone repairer) was at onitcha and I was staying at awka (yeah in Anambra state) so I went back and he did what he did and the phone on again (mind you the phone over heated and just died couldn’t power up again). I went home with the phone back to awka and the phone did Same thing again, this time I was annoyed I called him and told him he said I should Bring it the next day again back to onitcha. I did and as I went there he did what he did and again the phone one and was still over heating so he said I should go that he will call me when my phone is ready I obliged. 2weeks down he told me to come a pick it that it’s fine now after series of calls and scolding. I went took the phone again came back and to my disappointment it happened again. It time I wasn’t annoyed I was just weak and tired cause I have not been working because my work really really requires my phone. I decided not to go back to him at onitcha again and I wanted fixing it at awka where I stay cause it’s close to me. Yesterday I went to another guys place and he said the battery that was there wasn’t original and that I need to buy another one. I agreed and bought another battery 10k and fixing is 2k and the phone came on and I was happy just to reach home as I noticed same thing again.
-phone is overheating.
-charge was going down gradually but wasn’t as fast as the previous one.

I am now confused and I yearning for a lasting solution cause I feel like the phone wants to rob me off my joy and work.
Even if I want to sell it I still need the phone to be on and move things mostly my documents that are there of which some I don’t have the hard copies again. I am just frustrated. I have spent close to 65k on the phone and just transport fare, money that is hard to get, for a phone that this is the first time I am fixing it.
I called the man that is fixing it and he said I can come today but due to the lock down and the heavy rain I decided to not to go today but tomorrow.

I really would appreciate any form advice that would lead me to fixing the problem permanently

Ps: I really sorry for the typo errors and the lengthy write up

1 Share

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2022
Sell your phone and buy Samsung S20 ultra or a cheap reliable phone like oukitel wp17.

Don't buy a transsision phone.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by kingsceedon(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2022
TallBlackKing:

Good morning everyone
I’ve been a member of Nairaland since 2017 but I was just here as a guest. But today I had to sought for the knowledge of experienced people here on the issues I have been having with my phone. I am using an iPhone X and I started using it August 23 2020 and it has never had issues or I have any had any cause to take it to a repair store. But not the 16 of April I fell down and the screen broke and as I went to fix it the guy changed the screen and said my phone couldn’t on because my battery was not picking charge, and said it need to be changed and I obliged (that was because my old battery has degraded to about 78%) he finished fixing it that day and I paid him 45k both for the screen replacement and the battery replacement. Just while I was heading home, I noticed the phone was seriously over heating and the charge in the battery was going low very fast like from 40% to 30% in 1 minute even without pressing the phone it was still over heating and still charge was going down. I had to wait next day to go back and complain to him because he (the phone repairer) was at onitcha and I was staying at awka (yeah in Anambra state) so I went back and he did what he did and the phone on again (mind you the phone over heated and just died couldn’t power up again). I went home with the phone back to awka and the phone did Same thing again, this time I was annoyed I called him and told him he said I should Bring it the next day again back to onitcha. I did and as I went there he did what he did and again the phone one and was still over heating so he said I should go that he will call me when my phone is ready I obliged. 2weeks down he told me to come a pick it that it’s fine now after series of calls and scolding. I went took the phone again came back and to my disappointment it happened again. It time I wasn’t annoyed I was just weak and tired cause I have not been working because my work really really requires my phone. I decided not to go back to him at onitcha again and I wanted fixing it at awka where I stay cause it’s close to me. Yesterday I went to another guys place and he said the battery that was there wasn’t original and that I need to buy another one. I agreed and bought another battery 10k and fixing is 2k and the phone came on and I was happy just to reach home as I noticed same thing again.
-phone is overheating.

I am now confused and I yearning for a lasting solution cause I feel like the phone wants to rob me off my joy and work.
Even if I want to sell it I still need the phone to be on and move things mostly my documents that are there of which some I don’t have the hard copies again. I am just frustrated. I have spent close to 65k on the phone and just transport fare, money that is hard to get, for a phone that this is the first time I am fixing it.
I called the man that is fixing it and he said I can come today but due to the lock down and the heavy rain I decided to not to go today but tomorrow.

I really would appreciate any form advice that would lead me to fixing the problem permanently

Op E be like say you be yahoo boy oooo, na this small toy grin grin grin grin you dey burn all this money for? IPhone is over hyped, That 65k fit get you another lovely and smart Android phone, go and get android phone and have peace of mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 26, 2022
No buy iphone!!! Una no go hear, oga manage ur "groundnut oil camera filter" in peace tongue
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 26, 2022
Or better still sell am buy clamshell phone
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by donaldking10: 2:21pm On May 26, 2022
nothing was wrong with your previous battery.
while fixing the phone, the first repairer damaged an I.C in your phone mother-board which is causing the over-heating.
same thing also happened to me, tho mine was charging port.
after helping me to change the charging-port, my phone developed screen issues & also started over-heating. And the foolish repair man couldn't fix it back again & even insulted me to be disturbing him.
unfortunately most of the phone technicians we have in Nigeria are all rubbish & not professionals.
I would suggest you look for a way to sell the phone & get a new one.
that was exactly what i did.

6 Likes

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Aboks(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2022
Your phone has panel problem

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 26, 2022
Kaiair:
No buy iphone!!! Una no go hear, oga manage ur "groundnut oil camera filter" in peace tongue
Ogbeni shut up! you wey reject s21 go buy iphone 12

Btw, your girlfriend (former) say make I wish you happy birthday she still love you bla bla bla as you be fuckup guy na shebi I warn u, u see better thing go throway am undecided you better repent go make up with am I no why two of una dey quarrell sef but I no know say na u wey cause am undecided
Send me card abeg my bank dey fvvkup

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Dreadlock69(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
Oga switch to Coolpad or Lenovo no be by force to use iphone
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2022
The engineer gave you screen that has issues.... He has surely tampered with your charging port.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by YangaBabe: 10:15pm On May 26, 2022
Sorry about the inconveniences but for your battery problem, you can always get the Oraimo 27,000 mAh power bank to power your phone, with that your phone can be on all day long.

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Oblivionz5(m): 6:57am On May 27, 2022
TallBlackKing:

Good morning everyone
-phone is overheating.

I’m quite sure he fixed an LCD screen than the normal OLED screen. So it’s consuming the battery. I’ve had similar issues on my former 11 pro after changing the screen
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 2:41pm On May 27, 2022
donaldking10:
nothing was wrong with your previous battery.
while fixing the phone, the first repairer damaged an I.C in your phone mother-board which is causing the over-heating.
same thing also happened to me, tho mine was charging port.
after helping me to change the charging-port, my phone developed screen issues & also started over-heating. And the foolish repair man couldn't fix it back again & even insulted me to be disturbing him.
unfortunately most of the phone technicians we have in Nigeria are all rubbish & not professionals.
I would suggest you look for a way to sell the phone & get a new one.
that was exactly what i did.
Omooh!!! I'm experiencing the same thing with my phone ooooo... I've changed the downboard 6 times because of the charging port. The phone will still develop fault again, it won't charge well. Then someone on nairaland told me it might be the IC. That only a professional engineer could do that. As I dey like this na 2% I dey carry since morning embarassed
Can Calcare engineer handle such?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by donaldking10: 4:49pm On May 27, 2022
FaruqMadridCr7:

Omooh!!! I'm experiencing the same thing with my phone ooooo... I've changed the downboard 6 times because of the charging port. The phone will still develop fault again, it won't charge well. Then someone on nairaland told me it might be the IC. That only a professional engineer could do that. As I dey like this na 2% I dey carry since morning embarassed
Can Calcare engineer handle such?

fixing a faulty I.C on a phone mother-board is quite difficult.
even the engineers we have at Carl-Care are still rubbish.
no matter where you take that phone to, i'm afraid you would still be experiencing the same issues, unless you can send it to the original manufacturers of the phone.
if not, i'd suggest you just look for a way to sell the phone & get a new one to save yourself from the headache.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Ajilenu: 4:50pm On May 27, 2022
Omo! That's too bad. iphone and their big wahala
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Ajilenu: 4:53pm On May 27, 2022
donaldking10:

fixing a faulty I.C on a phone mother-board is quite difficult.
even the engineers we have at Carl-Care are still rubbish.
no matter where you take that phone to, i'm afraid you would still be experiencing the same issues, unless you can send it to the original manufacturers of the phone.
if not, i'd suggest you just look for a way to sell the phone & get a new one to save yourself from the headache.
which carlcare is rubbish? How do you know they are rubbish?
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by Earlystar698(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2022
TallBlackKing:

Good morning everyone
-phone is overheating.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused while you are with your phone, kindly note that there is nothing that can be done to get the phone normal again, our teams have been working overtime to educate people on the danger of overhyped half apple, currently at this moment is either you sell your phone to dumb ass nigga and get a new one or you continue to live in pain of the phone. Right away here in jupiter we ain't using the half apple and its been a peace of mind. Once again kindly note that you're compliant has been received and acknowledged, there is currently no light at the end of Buhari tunnel. Cc Earlystar698
Re: Help!! My Phone Has Been Giving Me Serious Headache. by gonkin(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Sell your phone and buy Samsung S20 ultra or a cheap reliable phone like oukitel wp17.

Don't buy a transsision phone.

I swear. Wp17 is almost a year since its release and many other rugged phones have been released but i still want the wp17. Have u used it before please give feedback cuz i want that phone.

Im a big oukitel fan and ive been using oukitel k7 for 4 years now. No hiccup. Sure would be nice to have 2 oukitel phones

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Browse Free With Proxifier / Mtn has finished my data / Please Delete this post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.