Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,387 members, 7,839,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Twitter Will Win You Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Will Win You Votes (221 Views)

Omokri To Obidients:19 States Plus FCT Can't Win You The Election / Jack Dorsey Of Twitter Will Be Removed From The Role Of CEO / Nigerians Still Using Twitter Will Know The Law They’re Violating When Charged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Will Win You Votes by Uniportadmision: 11:16am On May 26, 2022
This argument that social media won't win you votes is very flawed, myopic and born out of jealousy of whoever is leading the social media space. Every aspirant today had once asked for support through SM (especially Twitter, reason it was probably unblocked) its a very powerful tool.

Some people who don't understand the dynamics of location statistics even suggested Nigeria had less than 3.4m Twitter users, heck even Nairaland has up to 2. Something million users. I bashed that nonsense on Twitter.
Vote for the man and not the party, take their money if they offer it but let your conscience lead you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Will Win You Votes by chatinent: 11:25am On May 26, 2022
Don't mind them. Ask them why politicians pay social media influencers.
Re: Twitter Will Win You Votes by Mooh247: 11:27am On May 26, 2022
Twitter has less than 3 million Nigerian Account, Nairaland has over 2 million.... You need atleast 15 million votes to win a Presidential election
Re: Twitter Will Win You Votes by Uniportadmision: 11:43am On May 26, 2022
Mooh247:
Twitter has less than 3 million Nigerian Account, Nairaland has over 2 million.... You need atleast 15 million votes to win a Presidential election
did you see my explanation with the pictures? PYO alone has up to 3.7m followers, believe me foreigners of non Nigerian descent isn't more than 100k even, half of Twitter Nigeria definitely don't follow him, me I don't and almost 70 percent of my followers don't. Almost 40% use foreign locations as their registered locale. Most Nigerians stay abroad but have a significant influence back home. Putting all this together, total Twitter Nigeria isn't less than 15m in space.

Now imagine 6 to 8m standing for a candidate and influencing other non social media users preaching to them what they discovered on SM, do the math. 1 of every 8m users to one is another 16m, 2 users bring two each is 32m, now imagine if each user of 8m can bring in 6 more.... You get the logic?

8m is exaggerated but you get the logic, 2m Twitter users can influence up to 10m non internet users, that's my logic.

Don't let them fool you accusing you of being emotional by in turn lamenting emotionally of your support.

N

1 Like

Re: Twitter Will Win You Votes by Uniportadmision: 12:11pm On May 26, 2022
Another flawed idea is that the South East is weak in voter turn out. If you have 50m Easterners in Nigeria, 25m stay inside the SE, while 25m stay outside in other states. When you see millions of vote from Delta, Rivers,Lagos etc, you think they're all indigenous? Lol I laugh so hard when dullards call others political illiterates. Musa can stay in Imo and still vote for Atiku, so can Amaka that stays at Osun vote for PO.
Apart from the number of voters, the aspirant also needs to win the majority of states. Even if a state's voting strength is 10, the politician with 6 out of 10 wins.
My point is they(SE) have the numbers too and can vote from anywhere for a candidate, and of course the remaining 25m can still lock down a state for that candidate.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pyo 2023: What North-east Delegates Should Know About Osinbajo / The Leadership Of All Progressives Congress (apex Leaders ) In Amuwo Odofin LGA / How The Igbos Will Call For Invalidating Next Year's Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.