Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal (1140 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Osaze Blames TB Joshua's Prediction For Super Eagles Nations Cup Exit / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by Akolawole(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2006
What a bad news to hear!
Recall what happen to our Super Falcons in China '91 where few members of the team regularly engage in reckless sex before matches.

Now its was the turn of the Super Eagles in Egypt. Please read and lets hear your views:

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/feb/19/5.html

1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by slary(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2006
[b]It is rather unfortunate that such a thing is still re occurring again after the incidence of 1991.
I'm particularly amazed by this revellation. As a giant of Africa, when are we suppose to do things the right way? Besides why should people, who have no bussines in the team be allowed free access to the players, these are questions that deserve answers from those saddle with the authority of managing the team.
  The semi final lost to the Ivorians should not be blamed on the coach, rather the players who were not committed to their FATHERLAND.  [/b]
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2006
If they had won the cup, this report would not have been published!
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by hayo(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2006
Thanks Seun, end of story!
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by rikkyjen(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2006
End of story, End of thread!!!! angry
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by buckeye(m): 4:06pm On Feb 21, 2006
Thats why i dont blame Aiyagbeni that refused to come to camp.
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by demmy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2006

If they had won the cup, this report would not have been published!

But of course they didn't win so there is a need to understand why in my opinion.
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by otokx(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2006
i have not been able to access the report on that link but indeed the performance that day was woeful and this explains it. How can u run when ur "third leg" has been engaged all night.
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by Farriel(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2006
There just could be some truth in that report.
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by luridguy(m): 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2006
does guys tried and you cant say that this is the reason they lost, every player could not have been involved anyway like seun said this would not have come up if they won the match. as for me this is bull
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by comechop(m): 5:35am On Feb 22, 2006
Why do we Nigerians always try to hate on people. There is so much fallacy in that tale, its like u're reading a made up story by some bitter 'reporter'. Assuming we won the cup, this 'story' would not have even been heard by anyone. Guys, lets us stop hating pls.
Re: Super Eagles Nations Cup Scandal by Farriel(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2006
It just perhaps would have seen the light of day, inspite of the country lifting the trophy. Doesn't this sound likely to you? "Super Eagles conquer Egypt inspite of controversial females found in hotel rooms" wink

You really don't think that could have made the rounds in Nigerian press?

(1) (Reply)

Fifa 2010 World Cup Draws, Nigeria To Play Argentina, Greece, Korea Rep In Group B. / Anyone Got Idea About Pepsi Football Academy? / Thiago Motta's Injury In Euro 2012 Final: I Have A New Rule For Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.