Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank (6555 Views)

FG Commences 300,000 Social Housing Scheme / Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / Federal Mortgage Bank Approves 3,000 Housing Scheme For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Bases: 8:04am On May 27, 2022
Buddha3:
Dead on arrival.

Sometimes you wonder whether this crop of politicians formulate policy statements from the back of their brains.

You're yet to satisfy the housing needs of average civil servants within the country despite the humongous sums you pilfer from their small monthly wages in the name of pension schemes, then you wake up one morning to start blabbing about the ones abroad as if they complained to you about deficit in living spaces.

This Abike Dabiri is just as foolish as her principal. Nigerians are being killed extra judiciously in several countries across the globe but that's not enough for you to tediously address...na wetin go put money for your account make your canda mouth for chop swell up more you dey find.

Mtscheew!
E remain less than one year na, una go carry una rubbish take pass!

Abike is not the Minister for housing in Nigeria. It's not her responsibility to make housing loans available for civil servants. Her policies are those that affect her office as the Chairman of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission and she is doing well though can do better. This might not even be her idea and I'm sure consultations would have been made with those concerned before now. Don't be surprised to see how many will show interest and opt in.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by EgunMogaji2: 8:14am On May 27, 2022
Silly idea.

People abroad don’t need mortgages in Nigeria.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Psalmistproject: 8:20am On May 27, 2022
Person suffer finish go abroad, you dey tell am to come collect loan build house.

I know this is to attract other Nigerians to start making diaspora contributions for them to loot with the promise that after one year they can apply for mortgage. The One wey others don apply for how far?
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by unisnaira: 8:24am On May 27, 2022
dubaiprince:
So I will pay $200 monthly to that corrupt FMBN and after 1 year apply to them through a private mortgage institution and start hearing stories. Make them hold their scheme abeg. My NHF deductions for 10 years while in Naija nko.

You said it all. FMBN said one year contribution will qualify a person to take a loan. FMBN in collaboration with my company have been deducting NHF from my monthly salary for more than 3 years now and when l contacted FMBN to get a loan, my offer was not granted, giving me some series of excuses. Very corrupt body. Scamming hardworking Nigerians in the name of compulsory NHF contribution. Nigeria ministry and parastatas are big scammers

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by o9o9: 9:03am On May 27, 2022
amaham:
They are looking for diasporans to scam . How many civil servants in Nigeria has been able to access the housing loans talkless of someone in obodo oyibo.

They have been deducting money from my salary for NHF. Till today we have not heard pim.

Scammers. Any diaspora that buys into this is looking to be scammed. Either you get substandard houses or get stories from the Mortgage bank when you need to apply for loans.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by frog12: 9:12am On May 27, 2022
these things have always been SCAM !
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by frog12: 9:12am On May 27, 2022
these things have always been SCAMS !

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by frog12: 9:14am On May 27, 2022
with the way these government officials are stealing 80 BILLION NAIRA, you wan trust anything

Bases:
This isn't a bad idea. At least Nigerians in diaspora can have rest of mind and be sure someone is not collecting their dollar, euro etc and sending them pictures of building constructions which are not their own only to return and discover the scam.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by seunoj: 10:38am On May 27, 2022
amaham:
They are looking for diasporans to scam . How many civil servants in Nigeria has been able to access the housing loans talkless of someone in obodo oyibo.

They should first explain what they have been doing with the NHF deductions from the salary of Nigerians
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Yankee101: 10:38am On May 27, 2022
Everyone contributes in naira, why our own na dollars? Una go gree black market rate?
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by seunoj: 10:39am On May 27, 2022
Bases:
This isn't a bad idea. At least Nigerians in diaspora can have rest of mind and be sure someone is not collecting their dollar, euro etc and sending them pictures of building constructions which are not their own only to return and discover the scam.

They should first explain what they have been doing with the NHF deductions from the salary of Nigerians
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by VenumX: 10:54am On May 27, 2022
For diasporians who don't want to be scammed by relatives.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by propertyhunter1: 11:56am On May 27, 2022
Amerengues2:
I just hope this is for the betterment of the country. Housing is a completely failed project in Nigeria. Skyrocketing rent with nobody to address it.

I saw a self contain at Akoka for #700k, I thought it was a lie initially until I confirmed it. That's the highest I have seen

Wooing diaspora to key into this

For rent or buy? undecided
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by lastmanstandn(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
postbox:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/05/26/diaspora-housing-scheme-to-be-launched-by-nidcom-and-mortgage-bank/

9% interest rate after 30% down payment? That’s a terrible idea. I’d rather invest the 30% in a land, and remit the monthly payment for development of the house.

The value of mortgage is that you get to live in a house while you make payments towards owning it. But how is this a value if you’re in the diaspora?

I’d recommend an income and down payment-driven interest rate with the lowest pegged at 2% and enough flexibilities. For example a flexibility to rent out the property.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by ajl: 2:03pm On May 27, 2022
Only a stupid diaspora will come and get mortgage with a 9% interest rate when they are used to rate as low as 2.5% and below where they are based. These Nigerian banks are committing daylight robbery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by ajl: 2:07pm On May 27, 2022
unisnaira:

You said it all. FMBN said one year contribution will qualify a person to take a loan. FMBN in collaboration with my company have been deducting NHF from my monthly salary for more than 3 years now and when l contacted FMBN to get a loan, my offer was not granted, giving me some series of excuses. Very corrupt body. Scamming hardworking Nigerians in the name of compulsory NHF contribution. Nigeria ministry and parastatas are big scammers

Can't they be taken to court? Contributing should be optional and not compulsory. It's a ripoff.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by dasparrow: 2:40pm On May 27, 2022
I would want to own a house in Africa but Nigeria scares me with all the kidnapping and electricity shortages.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Amerengues2: 5:25pm On May 27, 2022
propertyhunter1:

For rent or buy? undecided

Rent o
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by mykel25(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
Stupid initiative, why would I get a mortgage at 9% for 10 years when I can get it at 2.6% in Uk for a period of over 25years, why would I pay 30% deposit when the requirement is 25% in Uk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by lordally(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2022
dasparrow:
I would want to own a house in Africa but Nigeria scares me with all the kidnapping and electricity shortages.

But it is this same you that is against immigration , while you yourself ran away from Nigeria I swear to God you are so pathetic, evil and a complete disgrace to humanity!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Razed Down Apartment In Makurdi In Benue State, Loses Million (photos) / Lands For Sale @ New Lekki Spring Estate With Flexible Payment Plan / Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.