Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion (7470 Views)

Pictures Of Innoson Plant Expansion In Nnewi / Ibom Power Is Planning A 500MW Power Plant / Ibom Power Company Explains Delay In 24-hour Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2022
South South is trying.

Last time it was Rivers under Amaechi before that it was Cross River under Donald Duke now it is Akwa ibom I’m happy for us

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Udemzy05: 8:24am On May 27, 2022
Ebubu3:

You dey ment

You sabi my state ?

Most progressive state na e u dey yarn dust

Commot my face jare

If e sure for you mention your state make we compare.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Udemzy05: 8:25am On May 27, 2022
Golan007:

Una dey enjoy 18hrs of light daily abi?

Read the topic again before you begin post nonsense.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Ebubu3: 8:31am On May 27, 2022
Udemzy05:

Oga wetting dey to mention my state ?

Your state get airport my state dey build beta airport

Your state get stadium my state get stadium and building another one

Your state get fly overs my state get 17

Wetting else dey ?

That kind exotic king Dave medical college dey your state ?

Wetting else ?

Yet your allocation dwarves Ebonyi allocation over 17 times yet no clear cut difference in infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Jergobright1025: 8:40am On May 27, 2022
Bosenan:
Maximum respect to the current govt of that state unlike the previous ones that milked the state dry whose only significant achievement was to build a stadium just before the end of their 8 years tenure.

What is left now is for these developments to reflect in the lives of the indigenes, a state that blessed shouldn't have a larger portion of its citizens surviving on menial jobs in other parts of the country.

Their govt needs to look into building massive manufacturing industries on top of the rapidly developing infrastructure

Shut up your stupid mouth, don't insult Akpabio he was a gift to Akwa Ibom state

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2022
slimfit1:
Why can't the state send the rest that is left for the grid I don't understand.

Everything generated at the power plant goes to the national grid. Didn't the you read where it was stated that on-grid license was granted to them?

Nigeria runs a redundant system whereby states can't generate and keep their own power within their states. If that is the case, Nigeria would have long solved the power problem because of competition it would have created. Currently, geometric power plant in Aba is the only large power plant in Nigeria that is off-grid. They supply power to individuals and industries within Aba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by SHINJA: 8:46am On May 27, 2022
Udemzy05:

Na Igbo Cannibal boy....

Igbo's and hate

God bless southsouth and southwest

One brothers

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:52am On May 27, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
South South is trying.

Last time it was Rivers under Amaechi before that it was Cross River under Donald Duke now it is Akwa ibom I’m happy for us

I hope you know the difference between power station and power plants?

Meanwhile, I see no economic benefit to states building power plants when they would end up sending it to national grid while the state remains in darkness. That's scam to me and waste of resources.

The best model is what Barth Nnaji did in Aba with Geometric. Focus on a particular city and ensure they have 24 hours uninterrupted power supply. A significant percentage of power generated by the gencos are allowed to waste because discos refuse to distribute them.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:58am On May 27, 2022
SHINJA:

[s]Na Igbo Cannibal boy....

Igbo's and hate

God bless southsouth and southwest

One brothers[/s]

Lolz, imagine cannibals from the waste region doing attache by force, so ridiculous!

Can you tell me one thing you have in common with Akwa Ibom people? Just one??

At least Akwa Ibom people I know don't kill their people and use their parts for ritual. There are even human parts market in your region shocked

Akwa Ibom people don't live in dilapidated mud houses with rusted roof cheesy

Akwa Ibom people are not dirty in nature like typical afonjas cheesy

To tell you they have nothing in common with you, they've chased your people away from Ibeno and destroyed their shanties for constituting nuisance cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shameless bingo, one brothers indeed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by nesphil(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2022
Adding additional Mega Watts of Electricity to Ibom Power is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Agugbadin: 9:13am On May 27, 2022
Even with all this noise Akwaibomites don't live in their state. They are all over Rivers state, in every street, every batch etc. Does it mean that their achievements is not trickling down to the ordinary Akwaibomites or is fear of being eliminated by the evil ones.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Udemzy05: 9:15am On May 27, 2022
Ebubu3:

Wetting else dey ?

Wetting else ?

Yet your allocation dwarves Ebonyi allocation over 17 times yet no clear cut difference in infrastructure

Eboyin state for where Akwa ibom state dey?

You're a big joke,no need to reply you again.

See this one get mind dey compare that outcast igbo state with Akwa ibom state.
Nothing go make me reply you again.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by SHINJA: 9:24am On May 27, 2022
Galaxyowerri:

Lolz, imagine cannibals from the waste region doing attache by force, so ridiculous!

Can you tell me one thing you have in common with Akwa Ibom people? Just one??

At least Akwa Ibom people I know don't kill their people and use their parts for ritual. There are even human parts market in your region shocked

Akwa Ibom people don't live in dilapidated mud houses with rusted roof cheesy

Akwa Ibom people are not dirty in nature like typical afonjas cheesy

To tell you they have nothing in common with you, they've chased your people away from Ibeno and destroyed their shanties for constituting nuisance cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shameless bingo, one brothers indeed grin grin grin

But we don't hate them,the way you guys do...

We see them like brothers...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Ebubu3: 9:27am On May 27, 2022
Udemzy05:

You dey craze.

Wetting dey akwa ibom state ?

Househelps, gatemen and drivers state cheesy

Richest oil state but ur citizens dey wretched in poverty and d state just dey like every other state.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Ebubu3: 9:39am On May 27, 2022
Agugbadin:
Even with all this noise Akwaibomites don't live in their state. They are all over Rivers state, in every street, every batch etc. Does it mean that their achievements is not trickling down to the ordinary Akwaibomites or is fear of being eliminated by the evil ones.
no mind udemzy05
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Hunchogee: 9:55am On May 27, 2022
Udemzy05:

You think say Akwa ibom state resemble your state?
ask am for me
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Sunnyski: 10:04am On May 27, 2022
matrix199:
In the actual sense, what they are generating in this country is darkness because we don't get to see the light.

Do a little research and find out the meaning of the name Nigeria then you will understand what they are really generating.
Come and thank me later
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Hunchogee: 10:04am On May 27, 2022
Ebubu3:

Wetting else dey ?

Wetting else ?

shut up you can’t even compare ebony’s like state with Eket talk more of uyo ..
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Ebubu3: 10:07am On May 27, 2022
Hunchogee:
shut up you can’t even compare ebony’s like state with Eket talk more of uyo ..

Which eket ?

Abeg gettat

Wetting dey uyo you no fit compare am with abakaliki?

Abakaliki has about 5 fly overs. Uyo nko ?

Nonsense

You get stadium for Uyo abakaliki follow get stadium and also building another one

You get airport for uyo , abakaliki is finishing her own this December.

So wetting u dey talk ?

My street for mile 50 get more storey buildings and estates than I’ve seen in all of itu road, udoette, ikpa road and ikot ekpene road.

Again. Go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by paltielx: 10:27am On May 27, 2022
Bosenan:
Maximum respect to the current govt of that state unlike the previous ones that milked the state dry whose only significant achievement was to build a stadium just before the end of their 8 years tenure.

What is left now is for these developments to reflect in the lives of the indigenes, a state that blessed shouldn't have a larger portion of its citizens surviving on menial jobs in other parts of the country.

Their govt needs to look into building massive manufacturing industries on top of the rapidly developing infrastructure
Non of the previous governors has ever owe the workers and retiree like udom, now he's spending the state money bribing delegates to get him the presidential ticket
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by samuelson06(m): 10:52am On May 27, 2022
Emu4life:
Good One. States handling their own Electricity is the first step to eradicating darkness in Nigeria.

You may be wrong. Was Ibom Power Plant powering the state or part of it before now? Do you know that Akwa Ibom is one of the states with the worst power supply? Don't celebrate this news, please.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2022
Akwa Ibom have always been a nice state, i schooled there when i was in JSS1 @Uyo High School.
I also did my ND @MaritimeAcademyofNigeria Oron, Akwa Ibom state.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by emetisuccess(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2022
Hey guys. I'm on a steady light here in Essien Udim LGA. Akwa ibom state. From 8am to 6pm every blessed day. I love my state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 27, 2022
Emmanueldavis:

AKWA IBOM. AMAKA
GOING TO GET A WIFE THERE.

Go ahead, when you wake up and see your head on the bed you go know how far.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 27, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
South South is trying.

Yes Amaechi built the power stations, however he was told that he could not use them to generate power for the state, that he must submit the power to the national grid for distribution thats why he sold the units.

Current law in the power sector does not allow individuals to generate and distribute power, one reason why we dont see turbine generators in large scale. That monopoly clause needs to be removed if we re going to see electricity on a large scale.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by denitro(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2022
Very funny... The power plant will produce 300 Megawatts and then send it to the DisCos,
DisCos will reject 250 Megawatts due to limited handling capacity.
Very funny country

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Hunchogee: 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
Agugbadin:
its means they are far more populated and expose than rivers people .. so oga rest with the expired story
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Hunchogee: 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
Udemzy05:

ebonyi wey Eket and Ibeno zone better past lol
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by Multiplier7(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2022
ASABA AMAKA

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
denitro:
Very funny... The power plant will produce 300 Megawatts and then send it to the DisCos,
DisCos will reject 250 Megawatts due to limited handling capacity.
Very funny country

Nigeria is a country where common sense is stood on its head! It’s structured that way so some can benefit disproportionately from other peoples sweat and resources!
Re: Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion by NaijaCars4sale: 2:39pm On May 27, 2022
Good one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everything I Know About Chinaza Philip, The Alleged Notorious Abuja Kidnapper / Nigerians Need The Right To Bear Arms? / Former Bayelsa Governor Sylva Remains In EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.