Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? (3350 Views)

Billionaire Dubai Man Demands For A Car More Expensive Than Most Expensive Car / This 24-karat Gold Bike Is More Expensive Than A Brand New Rolls-royce Cullinan / 2019 Peugeot 508 Unveiled (photos And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Siberia01(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2022
I have observed that the Peugeot 508 is more expensive than Lexus ES350.... Have checking across
Retailers and jiji

Considering the fact that the Lexus is more luxurious with Good trimmed interior

While the Peugeot is mostly plastic interior ( my opinion)

The Lexus comes with 3.5L V6 and more powerful than the Peugeot ( I guess)

I don't know In terms of handling and others

But I know European cars tend to have a good highway performance and handling than the Japanese

BTW

I think the Peugeot is too overpriced abeg

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by PresEmeka: 1:02pm On May 27, 2022
Hmm
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by nurey(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2022
Siberia01:
I have observed that the Peugeot 508 is more expensive than Lexus ES350.... Have checking across
Retailers and jiji

Considering the fact that the Lexus is more luxurious with Good trimmed interior

But I know European cars tend to have a good highway performance and handling than the Japanese

BTW

You have not driven the Peugeot 508 and don't know what features it comes with. Toyota or Lexus is not the yardstick for reliability or luxury.

In other words, with what the 508 is packing, it can comfortably stand toe to toe with the ES. It's more expensive because it is packed full of options and techs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Idaytesj29(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2022
nurey:

You have not driven the Peugeot 508 and don't know what features it comes with. Toyota or Lexus is not the yardstick for reliability or luxury.

In other words, with what the 508 is packing, it can comfortably stand toe to toe with the ES. It's more expensive because it is packed full of options and techs

Nurey, don't mind the OP. He is just shocked that a Peugeot is more expensive than a Lexus. He may have been brainwashed by the multitude who believe that the French Auto giants don't make good vehicles anymore.

There are many good Peugeot brands in the global market that are not coming to Nigeria cos Nigerians don't believe in Peugeot like in the past. Secondly, they can't afford one.

About the engine, I don't know if they share same 3.5 L V6 engine. But I learn Peugeot has embraced the deployment of 4 cylinder compact engines, charged with high energy-horsepower output and delivery that can rival any V6 engine anywhere. The 508 may be powered by one of those.
I stand to be corrected though.

CC:
Ikenna351

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Dynamicboss: 6:25am On May 28, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Nurey, don't mind the OP. He is just shocked that a Peugeot is more expensive than a Lexus. He may have been brainwashed by the multitude who believe that the French Auto giants don't make good vehicles anymore.

There are many good Peugeot brands in the global market that are not coming to Nigeria cos Nigerians don't believe in Peugeot like in the past. Secondly, they can't afford one.

About the engine, I don't know if they share same 3.5 L V6 engine. But I learn Peugeot has embraced the deployment of 4 cylinder compact engines, charged with high energy-horsepower output and delivery that can rival any V6 engine anywhere. The 508 may be powered by one of those.

CC:
Ikenna351

A turbocharge 4 cylinder engine made in Europe can confidently defeat V6 Japanese brand engine

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by nurey(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2022
Dynamicboss:

A turbocharge 4 cylinder engine made in Europe can confidently defeat V6 Japanese brand engine

grin This is fallacy of Racism, an engine having turbo doesn't mean it is faster than its NA counterparts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Siberia01(m): 1:39pm On May 28, 2022
Dynamicboss:

Have always known Peugeot to be slow cars...

90% of their cars have poor acceleration

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by PresEmeka: 1:47pm On May 28, 2022
Siberia01:

Thats a lie
I actually compared the 407 2010 vs camry 2010

And the 407 accelerates faster and beats the camry hands down

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Originalsly: 6:47pm On May 28, 2022
nurey:

Toyota or Lexus is not the yardstick for reliability or luxury.

Hmmm.... which brand is the yardstick for reliability? There is a good reason why those going on expeditions..... terrorists going on missions.... in remote areas almost always ... always choose Toyota.

@ topic... still.waiting to hear what Peugeot has over Lexus to justify the higher cost. I suspect it is less about the quality of car..... but about cost of production.

Know this car?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by nurey(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2022
Originalsly:

Hmmm.... which brand is the yardstick for reliability? There is a good reason why those going on expeditions..... terrorists going on missions.... in remote areas almost always ... always choose Toyota.

@ topic... still.waiting to hear what Peugeot has over Lexus to justify the higher cost. I suspect it is less about the quality of car..... but about cost of production.

Know this car?

No brand is, depends on how many complaints are reported at a certain time by owners.

That 508 is packing though, but once we see anything Lexus, most believe nothing can beat it in luxury.

Your pix is a 407

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by banky3w(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2022
nurey:

The Peugeot has a very eye catching design and a decent tech list but 2 huge turn offs were the very weird steering design/dashboard view choice and their very underwhelming power plant.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by bonnyhope: 4:21am On May 30, 2022
Idaytesj29:

CC:
Ikenna351

Europeans produce quality but their price no be here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by olumzzz(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2022
Siberia01:
Retailers and jiji

BTW

Retailers and jiji kwanu. Were you comparing ES350 and 508 of same year? and same condition (brand new or foreign used)?
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by eminikansoso(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
The day I respect Peugeot is the day I drove 407 from Asaba to Lagos and back to Asaba before quarter to 6pm.
A beast though never drive Lexus of any kind.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by oweniwe(m): 7:32am On Aug 08, 2022
eminikansoso:
The day I respect Peugeot is the day I drove 407 from Asaba to Lagos and back to Asaba before quarter to 6pm.
A beast though never drive Lexus of any kind.

How possible? shocked

With all the police checkpoints and traffic?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by eminikansoso(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
oweniwe:

How possible? shocked

I left Asaba toll gate at 17mins after 7am and get to ojodu by 12.03pm and I picked the man I came to pick by 1.00pm am on the road, lucky most police checking points in Ogun and part Ondo state are on break for afternoon food. It is when I came to okada that I started seeing police checking points. At 4.30pm am at Agbor bypass in Benin city fueling the beast.
From Benin city to Asaba na one way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by oweniwe(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
eminikansoso:

I left....

Wonderful.

Do you still use the car?
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by skywalker240(m): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
eminikansoso:

I left Asaba toll gate at 17mins after 7am and get to ojodu by 12.03pm and I picked the man I came to pick by 1.00pm am on the road, lucky most police checking points in Ogun and part Ondo state are on break for afternoon food. It is when I came to okada that I started seeing police checking points. At 4.30pm am at Agbor bypass in Benin city fueling the beast.
From Benin city to Asaba na one way.
You be driver when know road

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by eminikansoso(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
oweniwe:

Wonderful.

Do you still use the car?
Sold two years ago during pandemic period
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Searchingvictor: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2022
Siberia01:

Boss please help me with 1k. Im financially down. I need your help
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
So u think lexus must cost pass.SMH.wats special about lexus
Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by kingreign(m): 1:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Too many lies and half truths in this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Peugeot 508 More Expensive Than Lexus ES350 ? by Idaytesj29(m): 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
oweniwe:

How possible? shocked

Most checkpoints don't delay a Peugeot. They feel they are mostly owned by officials. You know soldiers like Peugeots

(1) (Reply)

Speedometer Readings...are They The Same? / What Is It About BMW / Pls Advice, Btw Nigerian Used Toyota Avensis 2004 And Honda EOD 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.