Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader (26205 Views)

Senate Minority Leader Reacts To Rumours Of Wike Giving Senators $2 Million / Imhandegbelo Louis Joins PDP, Resigns As Obaseki's Special Assistant / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Nemere2020: 11:57am On May 27, 2022
Senate Minority Leader and governorship aspirant in Abia State, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party and resigned as the Minority Leader in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Abaribe, who was one of the top contenders for the party’s governorship ticket in Abia State, pulled out of the primary about 78 hours earlier.

He confirmed his exit from the PDP and as a minority leader in both the party and the Senate in separate letters to the ward chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State and the President of the Senate in the National Assembly.

Abaribe cited reasons of illegality, impunity and hesitations in decision-making for his decision to dump the party.

He said his next move would be communicated at the appropriate time.

A letter seen by The PUNCH and addressed to the party’s ward Chairman, titled “Resignation of my membership from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,” read in part, “I write to inform you of my decision to resign as a member of (the) Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“This development is consequent upon the shameful display of illegality, impunity and undemocratic decision of the party and after due consultations with my constituents.”

On his resignation as a member of the party in the upper chamber of the national assembly and the minority leader in the senate addressed to the President of the Senate, Senator Lawan Ahmed, the letter titled, “Notification of Resignation from the Membership of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Senate,” read in part, “This is to notify you and my dear colleagues in the Senate that I have formally resigned my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party through my ward. This also means my resignation as (the) Minority Leader of the Senate.”

“I wish to thank you and my dear colleagues in the Leadership of the Senate for the warm camaraderie we enjoyed while I was Minority Leader.”
https://punchng.com/abaribe-dumps-pdp-resigns-as-senate-minority-leader/?amp

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Malory: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
PDP is dead and buried. Peter Obi is a movement. Nigeria should not miss this opportunity to elect competent Peter Obi as the president

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Ttalk: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
Why are this people always run away from contest, they just want to be placate and fed like a baby. Politics is not for the lillyliver who are even afraid to contest against his own people in the same region. Is that the type of people that would compete with other Nigerians?

No wonder they stayed put in a ready made PDP and are so blind to see the party is already in extinct mode

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Joezinho: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
Is it now Alaigbo wants to wake up? cheesy cheesy.

From 1999 till date, what has PDP done for their region to deserve this bonding loyalty? or it is just to satisfy their hatred against APC,,Buhari or Tinubu?

You people allege the country hasn't been fair to you. How about PDP showed the way by rewarding your years of hard work for it?

This is politics, no one gives a flying fvck your sob stories. Your son doesn't own a car, you wear one watch all your life,same clothes all the time, blah blah, blehh. GTFO clown. grin

You people want to hold us ransom abi. We can't vote for igbo under duress. They should contest against other tribe to emerge..

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by pacesetting: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
PDP we no do again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Light78: 12:01pm On May 27, 2022
Click like for Osinbanjo

Click share for Tinubu

Let us see who wins here

75 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by triple996(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2022
Y are diz people always losing?? grin

6 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:07pm On May 27, 2022
Light78:
Click like for Osinbanjo

Click share for Tinubu

Let us see who wins here

None is going anywhere... Face the reality!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Sergio104(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2022
grin RIP PDP.

Henceforth they will be contemplating on two words....."failure" and "missed opportunity"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by bonechamberlain(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2022
Good move. The party is being controlled by forces hell bent on foisting puppets who would do their biddings in the South. Any independent minded politician in the South should leave the PDP. The North thinks they are wise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Mynd44: 12:09pm On May 27, 2022
State based politicians showing Abuja based politicians bolekaja politics.

He and Ekweremadu collected anyhow.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Elock1: 12:10pm On May 27, 2022
angry
By the time every body run comot finish 4 pdp na only wike and him character go remain.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by osinbanjoisaliar: 12:10pm On May 27, 2022
Badbelle badbelle. Badbelle is not allowed. Abaribe na phool. So because dem no give you ticket, you wan run go NNPP. I post one thread about intelligence report wen sey all this small partie na hin go rule Naija for 2023. Dem no move am to front page. Na only Tinubu is great dem like

9 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Sergio104(m): 12:10pm On May 27, 2022
Mynd44:
State based politicians showing Abuja based politicians bolekaja politics.

He and Ekweremadu collected anyhow.

Man what's this?(please translate)

Abi you don't know the rules again?? undecided
Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by adioolayi(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
PDP getting hit left right and centre....I was thinking APC will be the one to suffer this kind of heavyweight exodus ....

What's happening

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Kazeem47(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
It's too early for Southeast to loose hope,they are indirectly given in to the Northerners to continue.Or have they started believing that they are just the 5%?

8 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by dyera(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
PDP is finished. Even Goodluck Jonathan has dumped PDP since 2019.

19 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Reality3080: 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
Igbos have seen that people are ready to let them dance to the albums they have been releasing back to back for d past 7 years now n they have started becoming jittery

Now they will start d Biafra or death noise again

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by maak400: 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
The dieing days of PDP till its eventual death is here..... grin

15 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Ekpeitit(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
Another Biafran loser.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
Wike agberoism has killed PDP...

What Ahmodu Sheriff couldn't do, this incompetent Iyorchia Ayu has executed effortlessly.

How can a sensible party chairman sit by and tolerate Wike's tactlessness?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by an0daGuy: 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
Wow shocked

It’s like igbos will join a new moving train for this upcoming election season

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Foreigna2: 12:15pm On May 27, 2022
PDP don show Igbos shege.

12 Likes

Re: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Golan007: 12:15pm On May 27, 2022
grin

Mr. IPOB himself.

194 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Benin City For The APC Presidential Rally Scheduled For Thursday / Bus With Passengers Falls In To Lagos Lagoon. / 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.