Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,273 members, 7,957,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? (745 Views)

How To Boil Eggs So They Peel Easily = Howto9ja / Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob / How To Boil Eggs Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? by MrOjay1(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2022
I read in a newspaper that eating yam that was peeled BEFORE boiling causes increased sugar level which causes diabetes.

On the other hand,some say eating yam that was peeled AFTER boiling isn't healthy as it still contains natural toxins in the peels which is harmful for the body.

So which do you think is better?
Re: Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? by Golden057(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2022
What happened to us after eating ẹ́lūɓọ̀ made from yam peels? grin
Re: Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? by frozen70(f): 7:28pm On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:
I read in a newspaper that eating yam that was peeled BEFORE boiling causes increased sugar level which causes diabetes.

On the other hand,some say eating yam that was peeled AFTER boiling isn't healthy as it still contains natural toxins in the peels which is harmful for the body.

So which do you think is better?

Cooking yam with the peel adds flavor to the yam that's all I know

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? by hollytaylor: 9:28pm On May 28, 2022
Yeah, cooking yam with peel leaves tastes.

(1) (Reply)

Cooking And Eating African Food For The First Time - Fufu & Egusi, Jollof Rice.. / Where Can I Get Soursop Leaves In Abuja / Mudgee Farmer Bruce Davis Creates New Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.