Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand (718 Views)

Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack / Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Viugoz: 5:33pm On May 27, 2022
Rio Ferdinand, a Manchester United star, feels the club has neglected to give Cristiano Ronaldo a "stage for progress" since his re-visitation of Old Trafford.

Ronaldo rejoined Manchester United from Juventus the previous summer, 12 years in the wake of leaving for Real Madrid.

Notwithstanding the augmentations of Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane, Man United proceeded to record their most exceedingly terrible Premier League season, completing 6th in the association.

What's more, Ferdinand feels that the Red Devils have recently not kept their half of the arrangement.

"On an individual level, he does what Ronaldo does, he scores objectives, he dominates matches, and without Ronaldo, they don't escape the Champions League knockout rounds," Ferdinand told FootballJOE's YouTube channel.

"He's scored game-dominating objectives on a few events and has kept his part of the bargain."

I accept the club has neglected to give him a stage for progress.

"It simply demonstrates that extraordinary players, those in the discussion with respect to the best players ever - and he's one of them - you can't do it single-handedly, you want colleagues to help, and that's what this exhibits."

"We'll need to sit back and watch," Ferdinand said when inquired as to whether Ronaldo will find a place with Erik Ten Hag, the new director.

"This is the sort of thing that must be sat tight for and given time."

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2022
these guys are all ass lickers....only Rooney seems to have balls right from his playing days...
oga Ferdinand, clear cr7 d truth, e no go beat u
according to Rooney and Neville, cr7 to united was a failed project, cr7 agent mendez used city ad a biat n united fell for it..
united never needed cr7, he wasn't in united the previous seasons, they scored goals n finished 2nd..
the likes of rashford, cavani n fernandez were on fire scoring for fun playing as the lead men last season and all flopped trying to support or accommodate cr7, the cr7 dependency in united led to drop of form to other players....a big team like man.u CNT depend on a 37 yr old cr7, he av past his prime na..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by princeemmma(m): 5:42pm On May 27, 2022
paulolee:
these guys are all ass lickers....only Rooney seems to have balls right from his playing days...

What truth?
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
princeemmma:

What truth?
bringing cr7 to united was a big mistake dt shouldn't have happened...his presence in dt team caused so many problems and killed the spirit of the team, for example fernandez dt was dier savior last season took a back sit n his form dropped due to the presence of cr7
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by princeemmma(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2022
paulolee:

bringing cr7 to united was a big mistake dt shouldn't have happened...his presence in dt team caused so many problems and killed the spirit of the team, for example fernandez dt was dier savior last season took a back sit n his form dropped due to the presence of cr7

so CR7 use charm on the players so as not to perform beyond expectation, from the defence up till all the forward?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 6:32pm On May 27, 2022
princeemmma:

so CR7 use charm on the players so as not to perform beyond expectation, from the defence up till all the forward?
bro,dt same team, it attackers n defense were superb n took 2nd in thr league just last two seasons, Maguire form dropped because the presence of cr7 in d locker room means he cnt have dt same commanding spirit he once had just the previous seasons ago..
Maguire was benched n united continued losing, only for rangnick to say cr7 lack the pressing pattern he is used to and he av to twitch or change his style to suit cr7....
a new coach is around n I am waiting to see his magics..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by princeemmma(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2022
paulolee:

Guy am a united fan, and from the beginning of signing Fernandez, i know the guy was overhpyed in his first season...... Di Maria the same thing. Fernandez is a very selfish player from the day we sign him, he even depreciated last season between Martial and Rashord.....

Rashford has loose his form before Cr7 came in
Bruno is a player that only shine whenever there is not much pressure
The defence has been a crap before cr7 came in
The midfield is a mess before united came in,

We could not even defeat Villareal in the europa league
We lost to Sevilla in a Semi Final
We lost two Semi Final in a season

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by princeemmma(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2022
paulolee:

bro,dt same team, it attackers n defense were superb n took 2nd in thr league just last two seasons, Maguire form dropped because the presence of cr7 in d locker room means he cnt have dt same commanding spirit he once had just the previous seasons ago..
Maguire was benched n united continued losing, only for rangnick to say cr7 lack the pressing pattern he is used to and he av to twitch or change his style to suit cr7....
a new coach is around n I am waiting to see his magics..

Everytime Ronaldo did not play in a match this season.... we lost.

Tell what is the problem with those match?

Our last match we could not even win against Crystal Palace, we did not even make any clear chances from the begining of the match to the end, which will never happen if Ronaldo was in the match

I don't really need to talk much, the season has ended already, we have a new coach

Do you know what he said about Ronaldo? He said Ronaldo will score goals and that's why we signed him

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 6:40pm On May 27, 2022
princeemmma:

Guy am a united fan, and from the beginning of signing Fernandez, i know the guy was overhpyed in his first season...... Di Maria the same thing. Fernandez is a very selfish player from the day we sign him, he even depreciated last season between Martial and Rashord.....

Rashford has loose his form before Cr7 came in
Bruno is a player that only shine whenever there is not much pressure
The defence has been a crap before cr7 came in
The midfield is a mess before united came in,

We could not even defeat Villareal in the europa league
We lost to Sevilla in a Semi Final
We lost to Semi Final in a season
yea....no lies BT united finished 2nd in the league, or u want compare dt united led by fernandez to this current one led by cr7??
last season u finished 6th, lost 9-0 home n away agains reds, Chelsea, city n even arsenal beat u..
Make I no even talk Leicester n Watford first leg disgrace n the current Brighton lost dt cr7 was leading the attack..
u finished with ur worst ever record in EPL and u blaming same players dt finish 2nd before cr7 joined??
a new coach is here n am happy he still keeps cr7...lets see how it goes bcoz a pep dt i know would first discard cr7 n get a younger striker if he really wants to rebuild just like how allegri dumped him..
time would tell

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by princeemmma(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2022
paulolee:

yea....no lies BT united finished 2nd in the league, or u want compare dt united led by fernandez to this current one led by cr7??
last season u finished 6th, lost 9-0 home n away agains reds, Chelsea, city n even arsenal beat u..
Make I no even talk Leicester n Watford first leg disgrace n the current Brighton lost dt cr7 was leading the attack..
u finished with ur worst ever record in EPL and u blaming same players dt finish 2nd before cr7 joined??
a new coach is here n am happy he still keeps cr7...lets see how it goes bcoz a pep dt i know would first discard cr7 n get a younger striker if he really wants to rebuild just like how allegri dumped him..
time would tell

Then what happen to those player at the begining of the season before we sign Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2022
princeemmma:

Everytime Ronaldo did not play in a match this season.... we lost.

Tell what is the problem with those match?

Our last match we could not even win against Crystal Palace, we did not even make any clear chances from the begining of the match to the end, which will never happen if Ronaldo was in the match

I don't really need to talk much, the season has ended already, we have a new coach

Do you know what he said about Ronaldo? He said Ronaldo will score goals and that's why we signed him
united struggled in games cr7 didnt play bcox of the cr7 dependency dt was already created wenever he plays, the players are used to being relaxed n watch him score n bail u out which wasn't so the season before because Cavani n Fernandez scored more than 15 goals each last season..
like I said earlier, a new coach is here n I wana see d magic he would do playing cr7 n winning games...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 8:30am On May 28, 2022
paulolee:
according to Rooney and Neville, cr7 to united was a failed project, cr7 agent mendez used city ad a biat n united fell for it..
united never needed cr7, he wasn't in united the previous seasons, they scored goals n finished 2nd..
the likes of rashford, cavani n fernandez were on fire scoring for fun playing as the lead men last season and all flopped trying to support or accommodate cr7, the cr7 dependency in united led to drop of form to other players....a big team like man.u CNT depend on a 37 yr old cr7, he av past his prime na..

So because of Rooney discredited Ronaldo, it now means Rooney is the only truthful one .... ur bitterness for Ronaldo will ruin u ... just like it ruined Rooney .... Rooney the drunk ....had always been jealous of Ronaldo, even when they played together....
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 8:30am On May 28, 2022
paulolee:

Bringing messi to psg was a big mistake that should not have happened... psg wud b playing Liverpool tonight if they dint sign the fraud
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Bringing messi to psg was a big mistake that should not have happened... psg wud b playing Liverpool tonight if they dint sign the fraud
PSG without messi didn't win the league last season, PSG with messi won d league n didnt finished in Europa league...
united without ur man finished 2nd and now with him, de suffered their worst position in EPL..
if messi cause same scenario in PSG, united or any big team, I would also ask him to leave such team bcoz its a big drawback

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 11:25am On May 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

So because of Rooney discredited Ronaldo, it now means Rooney is the only truthful one .... ur bitterness for Ronaldo will ruin u ... just like it ruined Rooney .... Rooney the drunk ....had always been jealous of Ronaldo, even when they played together....
not jus Rooney, Garry Neville also talked same early dis week dt cr7 presence in dt team led to drop of performance in players like Cavann n even Fernandez dt was united key man last season..
he said Fernandez do look cr7 as a big player n gave him so much to respect to lead united which left Fernandez as a supporting role last season n his form dropped unlike wen he was united key man n had a good season the previous years...
even d ex coach rangnick said "cr7 is not a pressing master" and he had to switch his tactics to suit cr7....and still failed...
if u keep insulting players dt speak d truth, na u go tire bro..
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 11:40am On May 28, 2022
paulolee:

not jus Rooney, Garry Neville also talked same early dis week dt cr7 presence in dt team led to drop of performance in players like Cavann n even Fernandez dt was united key man last season..
he said Fernandez do look cr7 as a big player n gave him so much to respect to lead united which left Fernandez as a supporting role last season n his form dropped unlike wen he was united key man n had a good season the previous years...
even d ex coach rangnick said "cr7 is not a pressing master" and he had to switch his tactics to suit cr7....and still failed...
if u keep insulting players dt speak d truth, na u go tire bro..

So it was Ronaldo that made cavani injured all season... u need help ... so u hv never heard of 1 hit wonders?? Bruno is just a 1hit wonder..... just like playersike pato , Anderson, morata , Andy Carroll ...if u are good , no player will reduce ur game .... y was matic and mata not affected despite their old age abd playing not more than 15 games this season between them... Bruno has never been a good player ... the only top club he has ever scored in EPL is Manchester City and it was a penalty ... he has never scored spurs , Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal ... he only scores penalty and minors ... I hv been watching him since his days in sporting and yo be honest , I laughed when utd got him , was really surprised when he had number of goals( tho had were penalties against minors) Bruno has never influenced a big game in his career for both club and Country
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 11:46am On May 28, 2022
paulolee:

PSG without messi didn't win the league last season, PSG with messi won d league n didnt finished in Europa league...
united without ur man finished 2nd and now with him, de suffered their worst position in EPL..
if messi cause same scenario in PSG, united or any big team, I would also ask him to leave such team bcoz its a big drawback

Psg don't care about the league, with or without Mbappe , they will still win the league, their target na Champions league which they got to semi final and final in the last 2 yrs.... messi carry barca spirit of bottling come dash them .... at least Ronaldo was top scorer for utd... messi wasn't even top 2 ...even Neymar that missed almost half of season outscored him... dont talk tash about its his first season... Neymar his over 30 goals in his first season at psg ... the only reason mbappe got this history making contract is because they know messi is a fraud ...
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by paulolee(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

So it was Ronaldo that made cavani injured all season... u need help ... so u hv never heard of 1 hit wonders?? Bruno is just a 1hit wonder..... just like playersike pato , Anderson, morata , Andy Carroll ...if u are good , no player will reduce ur game .... y was matic and mata not affected despite their old age abd playing not more than 15 games this season between them... Bruno has never been a good player ... the only top club he has ever scored in EPL is Manchester City and it was a penalty ... he has never scored spurs , Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal ... he only scores penalty and minors ... I hv been watching him since his days in sporting and yo be honest , I laughed when utd got him , was really surprised when he had number of goals( tho had were penalties against minors) Bruno has never influenced a big game in his career for both club and Country
wow....all of a sudden, Bruno no good bcoz cr7 is involved? m not surprised bcoz its this ssme moniker dt said juve gat bad sets of players except cr7, same bad players dt won consecutive leage titles, but wen I asked why cr7 dt promised to win them UCL ghosted against ajax, Porto n lyon, u said its bcoz juve players n coach were bad n its only cr7 dt is good in dt team..
its still dis same moniker dt criticized renato sanchez n blamed d guy for portugal playing in play offs simply bcox he refused to lay assit for cr7 to tap in, d funny tin is dt, it was still d same renato dt scored d only goal in dt game while cr7 ghosted.
I agree dt ur man is always perfect n others must be bad wen he loses, no need to argue my man....u win... happy weekend
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 4:06pm On May 28, 2022
paulolee:

wow....all of a sudden, Bruno no good bcoz cr7 is involved? m not surprised bcoz its this ssme moniker dt said juve gat bad sets of players except cr7, same bad players dt won consecutive leage titles, but wen I asked why cr7 dt promised to win them UCL ghosted against ajax, Porto n lyon, u said its bcoz juve players n coach were bad n its only cr7 dt is good in dt team..
its still dis same moniker dt criticized renato sanchez n blamed d guy for portugal playing in play offs simply bcox he refused to lay assit for cr7 to tap in, d funny tin is dt, it was still d same renato dt scored d only goal in dt game while cr7 ghosted.
I agree dt ur man is always perfect n others must be bad wen he loses, no need to argue my man....u win... happy weekend

RE U SURE U ARE NORMAL?? SO IN UR EYES JUVENTUS WERE A GOOD TEAM WITH GOOD PLAYERS ?? I JUST DONT KNOW THE TYPE IF FOOTBALL U WATCH ... Y DID THEY STRUGGLE THIS SEASIN WITHOUT RONALDO... SHEY IF HE WAS THERE , U WILL SAY HE IS THE REASON THEY FIBISHED FOUTH ...SO U DINT NOTICE JUVE HAD BEEN IN DECLINE SINCE 2017 .... JUST LIKE BARCA WAS ALSO IN DECLINE...IT JUST HAPPENED THAT RONALDO JOINED THEM WHEN THEY WERE DECLINING, BUT STILL HELPED THEM WIN BK TO BK LEAGUE TITLES... AND U SAY U ANALYSE FOOTBALL... IF U WATCH BAYERN NOW, U WILL SEE THEY ARE GRADUALLY DECLINING AS WELL...IN THE NEXT 3 TO 4 YRS BAYERN WILL START TO STRUGGLE...

BRUNO HAS NEVER BEEN A STANDARD PLAYER....HE IS JUST AN OVERRATED PLAYER... IT U NEVER SAW THAT OR DONT SEE THAT , THEN I NOW UNDERSTAND Y U A VERY POOR WITH UR ANALYSIS...

EVERYONE ON NL KNOWS THAT U ARE A BITTER HATER , THE WHOLE WORLD ARE SAYING RONALDO AND DEGEA ARE THE REASON Y UTD DINT BATTLE RELEGATION, ONLY THE BITTER ONES LIKE U ARE BLAMING THEIR TOP SCORER ...
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 4:07pm On May 28, 2022
paulolee:

U are a hater
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by oyatainer(m): 6:49am On May 29, 2022
princeemmma:

Then what happen to those player at the begining of the season before we sign Ronaldo

They won three straight matches with bundles of goals. Have you forgotten how Pogba scored three in the space of two matches. And Fernandez was the league top scorer then?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by oyatainer(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2022
Kingcalls:

Psg don't care about the league, with or without Mbappe , they will still win the league, their target na Champions league which they got to semi final and final in the last 2 yrs.... messi carry barca spirit of bottling come dash them .... at least Ronaldo was top scorer for utd... messi wasn't even top 2 ...even Neymar that missed almost half of season outscored him... dont talk tash about its his first season... Neymar his over 30 goals in his first season at psg ... the only reason mbappe got this history making contract is because they know messi is a fraud ...

But they didn't win it last season now, àbí you Don forget

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by oyatainer(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2022
Kingcalls:

RE U SURE U ARE NORMAL?? SO IN UR EYES JUVENTUS WERE A GOOD TEAM WITH GOOD PLAYERS ?? I JUST DONT KNOW THE TYPE IF FOOTBALL U WATCH ... Y DID THEY STRUGGLE THIS SEASIN WITHOUT RONALDO... SHEY IF HE WAS THERE , U WILL SAY HE IS THE REASON THEY FIBISHED FOUTH ...SO U DINT NOTICE JUVE HAD BEEN IN DECLINE SINCE 2017 .... JUST LIKE BARCA WAS ALSO IN DECLINE...IT JUST HAPPENED THAT RONALDO JOINED THEM WHEN THEY WERE DECLINING, BUT STILL HELPED THEM WIN BK TO BK LEAGUE TITLES... AND U SAY U ANALYSE FOOTBALL... IF U WATCH BAYERN NOW, U WILL SEE THEY ARE GRADUALLY DECLINING AS WELL...IN THE NEXT 3 TO 4 YRS BAYERN WILL START TO STRUGGLE...

BRUNO HAS NEVER BEEN A STANDARD PLAYER....HE IS JUST AN OVERRATED PLAYER... IT U NEVER SAW THAT OR DONT SEE THAT , THEN I NOW UNDERSTAND Y U A VERY POOR WITH UR ANALYSIS...

EVERYONE ON NL KNOWS THAT U ARE A BITTER HATER , THE WHOLE WORLD ARE SAYING RONALDO AND DEGEA ARE THE REASON Y UTD DINT BATTLE RELEGATION, ONLY THE BITTER ONES LIKE U ARE BLAMING THEIR TOP SCORER ...

I am not a hater but a real football analyst will leave aside emotion and tell you Ronaldo is a bad market for United.

Before Ronaldo got to Juventus,
Dybala
Morata
Madzukick
Higuain used to get at least 12 goals each to complement the team.

Before, Ronaldo got to United Cavani had 16 goals last season, Fernandez had 21 goals and Rashford and Greenwood had more than 15 goals each. What happened to them with Ronaldo? They look up to give him all glory and compactness departed.
If Ronaldo will achieve, he needs players whose ego match his own or close like Benzema, Ramos, Modric, Di Màríà, Rooney, Tevez and others. They are champion in their respective position. Football is a team, when Ronaldo is marked, others will wreak havoc. Just like several times when going got tough for Ronaldo, Ramos, Benzema, Bale have shown up against ATM, Barca, and Bayern Múnich

With these, the theory of Ronaldo can play with ten dead woods is totally defeated. Ronaldo depends so much on team success which eluded him at United and Juventus.

I told a united fan when Ronaldo just joined that Ronaldo will score but United will struggle because :

Teams will come prepared for Ronaldo team but his capacity cannot lift United at this age
2. Above average players in United will relax
3.United will relax in pressing because Ronaldo will lead the attack.
4. Ronaldo is a glory hunter
5. United pattern absorption of pressure and counter attack which Ronaldo cannot endure. If United will perform with Ronaldo, they need management of his games but his price tag wil never allow that.

Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 12:09pm On May 29, 2022
[quote author=oyatainer post=113274883][/quote]

U are a fake analyst... y dint they perform when he left....so ur analysis states that a player that performs in a season, will always perform... so y did vlahovics goal ratio reduce since he joined juve ... y dint higuain perform at Milan?? Or did Ronaldo follow him to Milan?? So u cant identify when players loose form ... was Bruno ever that good in sporting?? Why did sporting finally win a league title after he left ?? Let's also say mbappe is the reason y messi stopped scoring ... I really don't know how u guys analyse ctap and say u are analysing football... Manchester utd that has been trash since Ferguson left is suddenly a super power just cos they finished second last season , despite finishing 18points behind city and due to injuries and coaching issues with arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, spurs ... the way EPL competed this season , if they did same last season, Manchester wudnt hv qualified for even conference league.... they lost cavani and pogba to injuries all season ... they had one of the worst defense in the top half in the EPL this season... unfunctional wing backs , no defensive midfield player , no good crosser, bad defence ...
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Kingcalls: 12:12pm On May 29, 2022
oyatainer:

But they didn't win it last season now, àbí you Don forget

Some acting smart... we all know psg is not interested in the league.... if it was all about the league, they wudnt hv given mbappe that contract or signed messi or Neymar.... if was about the league, y did the fans boo them on the night they won the league title?? A team that has no competition in the league... even if they don't win the league on the next 5 yrs and they win one champions league within that 5yrs, they will be extremely happy and satisfied... ligue 1 follow for trophy??
Re: Manchester United Has Failed Cristiano Ronaldo - Rio Ferdinand by Cajal(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2022
princeemmma:

Argue with Benzima Kareem sir

(1) (Reply)

18-year-old South Sudanese Goalkeeper, Goodwill Yogusuk, Causes A Stir Online / Man United Beats Chelsea / A Must See For All Football Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.